Using a household dryer

reparboon

i just bought a new washer and dryer and my old dryer has a RH setting for how dry you want your clothes... im planning on trying to quick dry 2 elbows of trim to 68% humidity for making hash. no the bag will not be moving around because i have a dryer shelf that stays put in the center and doesnt spin.. has anyone else tried this? i have put my caliber 3 in there and it definitly turned off at 68% humidity.or any other RH% i wanted.. and if there is a better humidity level for the dryness please let me know.

Gonna smell hayish but it will work just fine. I will likely need to place a screen over the trim once.of the shelf or the airflow is likely to blow ur trim all over the dryer otherwise I see zero reason that wouldn't work

im done with half the trim.. i believe the results were good, seemed like a good 5 day dry period from past experiences. but i cant tell till i put these bubble bags to work.. i put the broke up trim in vented oven bags and just taped em to the shelf.. it really didnt smell at all. i didnt run the dryer on a heat cycle.. air only so it was like a dehumidifier. took about a hour and a half to dry it to the point where it would just crack but still had elasticity to it. the RH was 56% on the meter when i took the trimmings out. well off to the store for ice

Great call on the oven bag. I'd have never thought of that. If that works as well as u say I may be in the market for a new clothes dryer. I just posted a tutorial on full melt bubble if ur interested (though u sound like u know what ur doing) post some pics when ur done.

Back
Top Bottom