Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

There is companies in canada right now that test and have been for a few years. We're not legal yet. I asked how we send weed or what ever in the mail?! This place sends you a kit to do some lab work and what you send back is not considered illegal mail. Love loop holes.

There is companies in canada right now that test and have been for a few years. We're not legal yet. I asked how we send weed or what ever in the mail?! This place sends you a kit to do some lab work and what you send back is not considered illegal mail. Love loop holes.

That's an elegant solution. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So that tiny amount of beeswax does what? Bond to the oil? Interesting. I'll try that next time. That small amount can be used for creams. If I weigh the beeswax in advance I'll know how much oil it picks up.

Well the beeswax is dissolved in oil to thicken it for salves and creams, as I'm sure you know. Yes it's soluble in the oil but not water soluble. So when the resulting wax/oil mix hardens it's very easy to take out of the water. I just guesstimated that 20% figure by eye. It may have been less. If things don't thicken as much as you like then just reheat and add a little more beeswax. Takes about 160°F to melt if I remember right.

Could you post a link to those loop holes? :thanks:

Well the beeswax is dissolved in oil to thicken it for salves and creams, as I'm sure you know. Yes it's soluble in the oil but not water soluble. So when the resulting wax/oil mix hardens it's very easy to take out of the water. I just guesstimated that 20% figure by eye. It may have been less. If things don't thicken as much as you like then just reheat and add a little more beeswax. Takes about 160°F to melt if I remember right.

Hi Weaselcracker,
It's me, Dory again...
Just wondering... couldn't you just refrigerate the oil/water leftover? Kinda like making chicken soup stock? Chilled fats/oils with low melting points, like coconut oil, rise to the surface and congeal in cold temps... Could you use the same idea as making soup stock, to separate the fats/oils that naturally float to the surface, and not use beezwax?

I'm trying to be frugal. Just curious if this would work for jojoba oil, similarly to chicken fat. Just a thought!
Thanks in advance!
Dory

Yeah that's a good idea. I haven't seen jojoba oil thicken yet- it definitely doesn't do it at room temp, or sitting outside, and it's reasonably chilly around here- basically fridge temps :( But probably somewhere short of freezing temps it would. Definitely a good idea for separating coconut oil form water though, since it congeals just sitting on my shelf.

Yeah that's a good idea. I haven't seen jojoba oil thicken yet- it definitely doesn't do it at room temp, or sitting outside, and it's reasonably chilly around here- basically fridge temps :( But probably somewhere short of freezing temps it would. Definitely a good idea for separating coconut oil form water though, since it congeals just sitting on my shelf.

Oh, I thought jojoba oil is a "sort of" solid at room temp. That's why I thought of chilling the mixture and scooping off the solids. Hmmm, I am going to have to rethink this.

Yep, it's cold here, too. Not as bad as a month ago, but raw, with spitting rain or downright pouring out. Never got to 50°F today. Next week temps are suppose to get to upper 80's. Mother Nature is a bit manic at the moment. Hahaha!

Thanks for the quick answer!
Dory

Oh, I thought jojoba oil is a "sort of" solid at room temp. That's why I thought of chilling the mixture and scooping off the solids. Hmmm, I am going to have to rethink this.

Yep, it's cold here, too. Not as bad as a month ago, but raw, with spitting rain or downright pouring out. Never got to 50°F today. Next week temps are suppose to get to upper 80's. Mother Nature is a bit manic at the moment. Hahaha!

Thanks for the quick answer!
Dory

Dory, I vaped some Dark Devil Auto tonight that'd been dried in the fridge, retaining subtle flavors we don't often get because the terpenes get diminished in number when you hang to dry. Lo and behold I had "soapy". :laughtwo: I'll figure out what terpene it is and get back to you at some point.

I was looking for the freezing point of jojoba. It starts to solidify at 10.6°C to 7° C (51°F to 44°F). If the jojoba oil is synthetic, it will not solidify. Some processed, jojoba oils also will not solidify. Natural pressed and filtered (light gold color) Jojoba oil will solidify.

Cool.

Dory

Dory, I vaped some Dark Devil Auto tonight that'd been dried in the fridge, retaining subtle flavors we don't often get because the terpenes get diminished in number when you hang to dry. Lo and behold I had "soapy". :laughtwo: I'll figure out what terpene it is and get back to you at some point.

Squeee! I knew "soapy" was a "flavor". :cheer:
Hmm, should we tell the terpene guy on the Summit '17, he missed one? LOL!

Thanks for not thinking I was crazy... I am, but don't tell, ok?
Dory

Squeee! I knew "soapy" was a "flavor". :cheer:
Hmm, should we tell the terpene guy on the Summit '17, he missed one? LOL!

Thanks for not thinking I was crazy... I am, but don't tell, ok?
Dory

Your secret's safe with me Dory. :laughtwo:

Sue, I just found this thread and like what I'm seeing. I'll be trying this method soon :thanks:

Glad to have you on board Curly. Shiggity made it easier. This is reposted from the thread on decarbing in a pressure cooker. No oil bath is necessary.

So I used a pressure cooker to decarb actual buds yesterday and the results were extremely positive. I put fresh bud in one jar and dried trim in two jars.

I kept the psi at 15 for 45 minutes (a little extra time to make sure decarb would be complete). Then let the cooker cool down and checked the results.

The dry trim stayed dry but now had a darker color and also an abv type aroma. The fresh buds decreased in size by about half and had a changed aroma as well though more terps came through. The fresh buds did have condensation in the jar but just from evaporating their own water. All jars had lids with the band screwed on snug but not tight.

Dry trim still dry: this shows water only exits the jar and doesn't enter from the cooker.

420-magazine-mobile1305406805.jpg

Fresh buds wet but decarbed. Water must have been able to boil off and exit the jar because the buds were wet but not sitting in pooled water.

420-magazine-mobile540282568.jpg
420-magazine-mobile670630471.jpg

I blended the fresh buds with olive oil and blended then together then put back in the quart jar and boiled the water bath around the jar for 2 hours.

420-magazine-mobile1112160824.jpg

I used the trim to make coconut oil in the mbm (4oz trim, 3cups coconut oil, plus 3 tbs lecithin. 4 size "0" caps (about 2ml total) set me on my butt, couchlocking me and incapacitating me for a few hours. (Decarb successful lmao)

420-magazine-mobile726216832.jpg

The fresh oil I removed the water off the bottom with a pipette and mixed in half a tbs lecithin. I took two caps about an hour ago and they are settling in for a nice buzz. Speedy and good as the buds I used were Dynastygenetics Bluniverse which has a nice speedy head buzz and a wonderful body buzz.
420-magazine-mobile114354177.jpg

Again I know this isn't RSO but I decided to add it to the conversation as some of us will want to decarb buds this way also. And fresh harvest oil made this way was just as tasty for me.

I don't have a pressure cooker so I'll follow your method just to see if I like it. If I do, I'll check into getting one later.

I don't have a pressure cooker so I'll follow your method just to see if I like it. If I do, I'll check into getting one later.

Oh, I can guarantee you'll like it Curly. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll be waiting for confirmation of my belief. :battingeyelashes: :love:

The fresh harvest infused oil of the CBD Critical Cure capsules hold approx 25 mg of CBD and 17 mg of THC per at the high end of the spectrum, 10% THC:15% CBD.

4 capsules a day offer 100 mg of CBD and 68 mg of THC.

On the low end of the calculation of THC at 5% and CBD at 10% you'd have about 12 mg of CBD and 8 of THC per.

Four a day at the low end calculates out to 50 mg of THC and 34 of THC a day.

I grow with Doc Bud's kit, and I feel confident I'm hitting near the optimal range.

I'm flying on two to three and considering adding in one more a couple hours before bed and one by suppository daily to bump up the cannabinoid count until the scalp psoriasis settles. I've been playing with managing the euphoria and I feel I've finally gotten to the point where three a day is doable again, as long as the last one is a late night dose.

This is definitely the sweetest buzz I have available in my current inventory. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom