Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

420-magazine-mobile372251618.jpg

I separated this guy into another bucket and put in my flowering fridge. I was worried that whatever issue it is still having with these green roots would get shared with my other, so I flushed the nutes and put in the dark for a day and started its flowering light cycle yesterday. Still too early to know sex, but we'll find out soon...

420-magazine-mobile334006937.jpg

I topped this one yesterday. Roots look alot better on it. Again, still no clue of sex..

420-magazine-mobile854367788.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You gotta keep the light out of your res and site bucket otherwise algae grow plugging off the roots. At work we use reflective bubble wrap insulation from Home Depot to wrap them up.
420-magazine-mobile1440863134.jpg

Re: Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

420-magazine-mobile1894008420.jpg

420-magazine-mobile461890472.jpg

My 2nd is now kicking some arse. I'm contemplating removing my first plant. Don't think it's recovering from root rot as well as I'd hoped. I'll wait a couple days but if it doesn't start showing promise I might even cut the root completely and try "cloning" the original stem if that's possible? Would save starting from seed again.

Plugged it in and set it up. Glad I bought this co2 meter because ppm is sitting at 620 with the added line from fermenting sugar. I also cracked open a little co2 bike cylinder and threw it in the fridge like a grenade and shut the door haha within a minute the meter was beeping so I opened the door and it was reading in the 4000s. It rapidly increased to 8000 and displayed error. It didn't help that the cylinder landed right in front of the meter. So after moving it up high and shutting the door, it lowered to 2000 and held for a few minutes and then gradually dropped. If I had just put it in up high and left the door closed I would expect it to hold for a good amount of time and hopefully not increase the ppm too high.

420-magazine-mobile526705032.jpg

If fermenting alone will only bring 600 to the table I might run another line in and have 2 buckets fermenting. I'll do more tests as I mentioned previously and start a new thread. Once this new year gets on the way and I have time....

420-magazine-mobile1912097802.jpg

After leaving the fridge alone, the ppm has risen gradually to 807. That is actually not bad at all as the temps are controlled at about 24C. If it was high in the 1500s would require a hotter environment. I'm not willing to compromise my res for the higher temp so 800 is just fine for me.

Got some free reflective bubble wrap shit from work yesterday

Pallet of ice was wrapped with it so I said thank you and took it home for my buckets.

420-magazine-mobile1357906309.jpg

Thought I'd share what the fridge looks like now. I blocked off the ducting to mini fridge. I'm not using it so it was a waste of cool air. When I'm not fighting 40C days I'll use it for vegging, but while the suns doing the work anyway, I may as well run a bucket outside in the shade until time to flip. If I bury the bottom of the bucket into the earth I think the res will stay cool enough outside.

420-magazine-mobile955108600.jpg

I've gotta remember to take photos when checking in on the kids.

I noticed some of the newer leaves coming through on little miss green root have narrowed completely like they shriveled up and died? Would my light be too close now that they're flowering? "1000W" eBay LED (I add inverted commas because who the fuck knows what power it's actually pulling)

I'll try to remember tomorrow to take photo. I'll probably find the answer searching before I get a response but any help would be great

Re: Fridge Grow - Would Like Feedback & Opinions

Nice score! Keeping light out of the res will help, res Temps at or slightly below 68 Fahrenheit, and h202 at 1 tbs per gallon to get rid of the green slime on the roots do a res change and drop the ppm a bit then some low light conditions till she recovers. Or that might cause to much stress in flower so if she doesn't recover fast then consider removing her.

Keeping light out of the res will help, res Temps at or slightly below 68 Fahrenheit, and h202 at 1 tbs per gallon to get rid of the green slime on the roots and drop the ppm a bit then some low light conditions till she recovers. Or that might cause to much stress in flower so if she doesn't recover fast then consider removing her.

I've done all that and all the new roots are pearly white, the res is staying clean and cool all week with zero slime build up. Everything underneath is healthy except for the couple of green roots from the initial hit. That's why I am looking for a culprit above perhaps?

I'll take photos tomorrow to give better perspective. Appreciate all the help you've given me so far. Saved my grow, cheers.

I've got photos of what I'm talking about. It took me a while because the app fucked up after an update so I had to learn how to do everything on PC. If you look you can see just a couple of the little new leaves completely wither up and die... and the new growth at the base looks like death. The plant overrall doesn't look like its dieing, and it is still trying to grow. The newer roots are white and the res is clean as a whistle..
Screenshot_20170106-151313.png
Screenshot_20170106-151334.png
Screenshot_20170106-151352.png
Screenshot_20170106-151447.png

Back
Top Bottom