From Premature to Revegging

doggystyle

I planted four clones (Biker OG) in the middle of March 2015, by the 25th of May 2015 I had buds, nicely formed but not mature enough (Tricones still clear) to cutdown. But now, as of the first of June my plants are doing some really crazy things in this Revegg mood. Here are some photos tell me whats going to happen next?

they are going to vegetate again and the buds will elongate and die off as vegative growth takes hold,calyxes may remain at nodes throughout rest off life

Yup... those are totally revegging leaves. Revegging will generate a lot of strange leaves. In a couple of weeks, the new growth will start looking more normal. There will be a lot of clean up required. All the old growth will die off leaving dead material hanging off your plant. Dead material leads to mold and rot issues. Be sure to clean up the old growth as you can. The plant will also require a good bit of manicuring as it grows.
I'm blooming out a re-veg myself at the moment. I usually try to avoid it, but it was the last of it's strain and I wanted to keep it going.

Thanks, that was right on point, question; How do you avoid the premature flowering when you using clone for outside grow?

I'm guessing it relates to the amount of daylight hours they were getting earlier in the spring- was it close to 12 hours? This would have got them flowering, then as the days got longer they decided it was veg time again. Does this sound like what happened?

I have a buddy that has that going on with his right now too.

He planted early and then we had a few weeks with a lot of clouds and rain.

It was enough to send them to flower.

I read all MJ plants always want to go to flower at all times.

It is the hours of light that breaks the flowering hormone down that stops them from flowering.

Short days to not make them flower. It is long days that stop them from flowering.

Kind of mind blowing when you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom