Fungus Gnats!

These guys get the job done / Hypoaspis miles / and love the same conditions the fungus gnat larvae do, so you don`t have to alter your program, feed and watering regiments. Plus unlike nematodes that attack every thing including plants root. Available from Amazon, link at end of page.

The artical list natural prevention and controls through oils and such. One thing to note organic and living soils host good and evil just like the world WE walk through daily.
Somethings are part of the equation in order for it to fully work and complete the cycle. Even though we can`t understand why they are in the math or can tolerate why some aspect are included in the functions. You can keep and remove pesky people from your home, but you still have to deal with there shit at work and about.

How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats – The Ultimate Guide
This artical lists natural solutions to control and elimination of the bastards ...cider vinegar, cinnamon, citronella ............

Hypoaspis miles - Wikipedia

ba9d-4f0e-8079-b7e1fc461cfd&w=100&h=100&c=7&pid=13.jpg

Stratiolaelaps scimitus (formerly Hypoaspis miles) is a small (0.5 mm) light brown mite that lives in the top ½ in layer of soil. As a natural predator of fungus gnat pupae and of the snail parasite Riccardoella aspersa it is used by gardeners and snail breeders for biological pest control.
  • Overview
  • External links

Stratiolaelaps scimitus is also commonly used by reptile, amphibian and invertebrate keepers as a preventative or reactive measure against grain mites and reptile mites. Whereas most mite treatments are based on synthetic chemicals, predatory mites are used as a biological method of preventing and curing mite infestations.

Product description

Hypoaspis is a native species of soil-dwelling mites which feed on small insects and mites. Adults are tan in color and less than 1 mm long. Hypoaspis are used primarily to control young larvae of fungus gnats in the soil or planting media. They also help control soil stages of thrips and may account for up to 30% of thrips control. Hypoaspis does not control shore flies of moth flies, but will feed on other soil organisms such as springtails and root mealybugs. They have been used successfully in bedding and potted plant production, seedling and cutting propagation and poinsettia stock. Hypoaspis adapts well to the various growth media and capillary mats used in plant production, but do not survive freezing of flooding conditions

Hope you find some use for your problem ...Peace.....

1578998029318.png

No can do bro.

I'm from the uk :( it's a very lonely place to be a 420 grower out here!.
hahahah hark at Billy no mates !!!. We are not alone brother. We can get most stuff if you search. There are a few good uk online resources like ecothrive and other organic companies that are excellent at doing what we are just learning to do with soils .lol
I see you mate. heehee

Nope.....just fungus gnat and mosquito larvae.
It's used in horse troughs to kill mosquito larvae and is harmless to all other living things.
That sir I like thankyou greatly!!

hahahah hark at Billy no mates !!!. We are not alone brother. We can get most stuff if you search. There are a few good uk online resources like ecothrive and other organic companies that are excellent at doing what we are just learning to do with soils .lol
I see you mate. heehee

Funny you should mention I use ecothrive as my base I also use there products very good stuff! I hear you might just have to follow and ask you a couple questions some time. I see you hahaha!!

These guys get the job done / Hypoaspis miles / and love the same conditions the fungus gnat larvae do, so you don`t have to alter your program, feed and watering regiments. Plus unlike nematodes that attack every thing including plants root. Available from Amazon, link at end of page.

The artical list natural prevention and controls through oils and such. One thing to note organic and living soils host good and evil just like the world WE walk through daily.
Somethings are part of the equation in order for it to fully work and complete the cycle. Even though we can`t understand why they are in the math or can tolerate why some aspect are included in the functions. You can keep and remove pesky people from your home, but you still have to deal with there shit at work and about.

How to Get Rid of Fungus Gnats – The Ultimate Guide
This artical lists natural solutions to control and elimination of the bastards ...cider vinegar, cinnamon, citronella ............

Hypoaspis miles - Wikipedia

ba9d-4f0e-8079-b7e1fc461cfd&w=100&h=100&c=7&pid=13.jpg

Stratiolaelaps scimitus (formerly Hypoaspis miles) is a small (0.5 mm) light brown mite that lives in the top ½ in layer of soil. As a natural predator of fungus gnat pupae and of the snail parasite Riccardoella aspersa it is used by gardeners and snail breeders for biological pest control.
  • Overview
  • External links

Stratiolaelaps scimitus is also commonly used by reptile, amphibian and invertebrate keepers as a preventative or reactive measure against grain mites and reptile mites. Whereas most mite treatments are based on synthetic chemicals, predatory mites are used as a biological method of preventing and curing mite infestations.

Product description

Hypoaspis is a native species of soil-dwelling mites which feed on small insects and mites. Adults are tan in color and less than 1 mm long. Hypoaspis are used primarily to control young larvae of fungus gnats in the soil or planting media. They also help control soil stages of thrips and may account for up to 30% of thrips control. Hypoaspis does not control shore flies of moth flies, but will feed on other soil organisms such as springtails and root mealybugs. They have been used successfully in bedding and potted plant production, seedling and cutting propagation and poinsettia stock. Hypoaspis adapts well to the various growth media and capillary mats used in plant production, but do not survive freezing of flooding conditions

Hope you find some use for your problem ...Peace.....

1578998029318.png
This is my backup plan thankyou! I'm just worried about any predator mites as they might go for my springtail mites. We shall see. Thank you for your input!

This is my backup plan thankyou! I'm just worried about any predator mites as they might go for my springtail mites. We shall see. Thank you for your input!

It does mention in WIKI they see no distinction between all larvae that may be present in the soil layer. They are all on the menu. But they will avoid the plants root system unlike nematodes.

I have only used Neem oil:

I am using soil and coco fiber mix and just saturate medium totally, twice before I even introduce seedlings. Then every 3 days for the first couple weeks. While the plant is small to drench the surrounding surface layer, they never get a foot hold and the first month it is always present to them. They move on down the road .......
Peace...

Funny you should mention I use ecothrive as my base I also use there products very good stuff! I hear you might just have to follow and ask you a couple questions some time. I see you hahaha!!
your more than welcome to jump in. I have been impressed with the quality of the bud coming out of the LOS and the boosters of charge , biosys and life-cycle are excellent. I am going for a 2nd run no-till as soon as the harvest is here for this one. So want to try one out -one in after a recharge and have been using any waste leaves for mulch too with rabbit bedding as top . still trying to work out the waterings properly though.lol. my Los bud does look better than her coco counterparts
los ladies colouring up and natural fade starting to begin now too
Lsd-25
20200113_111907.jpg

Smoothie
20200113_111552.jpg
20200112_143624.jpg

your more than welcome to jump in. I have been impressed with the quality of the bud coming out of the LOS and the boosters of charge , biosys and life-cycle are excellent. I am going for a 2nd run no-till as soon as the harvest is here for this one. So want to try one out -one in after a recharge and have been using any waste leaves for mulch too with rabbit bedding as top . still trying to work out the waterings properly though.lol. my Los bud does look better than her coco counterparts
los ladies colouring up and natural fade starting to begin now too
Lsd-25
20200113_111907.jpg

Smoothie
20200113_111552.jpg
20200112_143624.jpg
That is some looovvveelllyyy looking bud!! Wow!! Congrats on that grow. It's good to see I'm not the only one having issues working out the watering. I used a top dressing of hay, seaweed, and other amendments including charge and life cycle havent seen any deficiency or burn. Although I've noticed that last picture looks a little browning of the tips? I'm currently growing some glookies from barneys farm.

That is some looovvveelllyyy looking bud!! Wow!! Congrats on that grow. It's good to see I'm not the only one having issues working out the watering. I used a top dressing of hay, seaweed, and other amendments including charge and life cycle havent seen any deficiency or burn. Although I've noticed that last picture looks a little browning of the tips? I'm currently growing some glookies from barneys farm.
cant beat some Barneys farm and those glookies look a bit special too. def on my radar if I ever get to ise the seeds I have now. lol. might burn the results of it at my funeral by that time.!!. lol
I have had some major yellowing in 1 pot but cant find a reason at all. light intensity is the nearest resolve we can find !. close to finish so not too worried , I did think I may have overwatering issues in it too .doh !!!. moist not damp or wet !!! wtf does that even mean. trying to learn the water table thing too. not easy when your a qualified fuckwit as I am.
I am more chuffed so far with the bud coming on and the BlackBerry drying looks and feels so nice to touch but a long way of dry yet. The lsd is a fat girl in the LOS and seemed to really dig in and leeches all the nutes building her ludicrously thick main. John Deere are loaning me a chainsaw for her harvest , she is not tall as was trained low but wow her main stem is crazy for her age and size.

If you're growing in LOS with cover crop and worms in 20+ gallon fabric pots then the only watering issues anyone should have is trying to water enough.
Unless you just open up a garden hose on your pot and leave it running then it really shouldn't be possible to over water.
With seedlings I am usually watering with 1/2 gallon per pot or more per day 6 to 7 days a week.
In veg a gallon a day, in late flower probably about gallon and a half everyday sometimes more.
And with your ecosystem in full swing with 1000s of Rove Beetles and predator Mites then fungus gnats dont stand a chance.
I used to have 3 or more sticky traps at all times and would have to replace them every week or two because they were full, could hardly see yellow.
Especially if I placed them right on top of soil.
Now I've had the same single sticky trap hanging for over a year and theres like maybe 20 or so assorted bugs on it and that's it.
When I see the occasional fungus gnat flying around now instead swatting at them I laugh and encourage it to stick its ass into my soil, my Beetles and Mites need some candy.

If your soil and ecosystem is right then over watering and fungus gnats are of zero concern.

The nematodes have reduced the adult fliers the yellow sticky traps caught by over 75% or more during the past week or so. I went from flypaper covered with the gnats in a week to only only a few on the traps this week. With any luck at all, they'll be gone by next weekend.

They recommend one Pot Poppers per five gallons of soil. I used two in each of the 3.8 gal containers, and four in the 10 gallon container to get the nematodes (why do I want to spell this 'nematoads'?) established quickly. It seems to have worked.

Welcome to the club you didn't want to join!

No, there's nothing that targets these f*ckers and only them.

I have them as well. I'm using yellow sticky traps to get the adult fliers. I also added beneficial nematodes to the soil to munch on their larvae. Neither of these measures will affect the microbes in your soil. If you need more help, call Duggan, or Emilya. I grow in coco, and am not conversant with any other methods that won't harm your soil.

Pot Poppers, Mosquito Bits, and Mosquito Dunks are common methods of adding nematodes to get rid of larva in the soil. I'm using the Pot Poppers.

full

Hopeful This will Kill Off the Fungus Gnats
Love your organization! That's all ME!

Back
Top Bottom