FuzzyGreen's Two Chamber Closet Grow - Perpetual?

So a quick update before photos later on...

12/22- Before bed I mixed 1 gallon of full strength nutrients and cut it into my 5 gallon bucket containing three gallons of water. Thoroughly mixing the now 1/4 strength solution and PHing the mix.

12/24- just TWO DAYS after fixing my high PH problems plants looked green again and stood up strong. At this point my fan is running on high, both the circulation fan and exhaust. I don't want a run in with over watering again.

Phcorrection.jpg

Plants are looking good!

Tonight I'll have an update on some defoliation and the beginning of super-cropping. I pinched the top shoots of two plants and bent them slightly. I'll keep bending them daily to encourage branching. Anyone who has seen the scale of grow I'm dealing with already knows I have a small amount of room to flower so these won't veg for too long...

So here is tonight's update, and hopefully where things get interesting and start to take off .. I'm going to leave a couple plants and the seedlings out of this post.

12/28-

I trimmed all lower leaves from these plants and left the side growth, some were bent at their top and some were topped... here is one of the bagseeds bent.

Supcrop.jpg

When I bend tips of plants I gently rub the plant between my finger tips before pushing it over with a single finger. I brace the leaves on the fresh shoot as I push it down working in a slight up and down motion until it almost touches itself. I'll repeat this each time I look at the plants until there is adequate side growth.

Here is another bagseed, you can see the small bits of side growth.

Supcrop2.jpg

Here is another of the 4, looking like a palm tree. This was the first I pinched, a day ahead of the others (12/27 in the early morning before lights off) you can see it has a couple nice shoots coming right off the bottom. This was also the first plant to recover from the PH problems

Supcrop3.jpg

Now here is something interesting, I was gifted a vial of seeds that came from some Early Skunk. Supposedly grown from regular seed, they left a male for open pollination.

So here are roughly 3/4 of them, lost a bit of self control and sprinkled them on like parmigiano

Fckitgermemall.jpg

I started thinking my lower space feels too unused. I want to fill it, make a jungle down there. I'm planning on buying a couple 125w cfls to add to the existing 250 in the bottom. Just to keep up with the madness

Happy growing everyone

Hope everyone here had a great New Years, wishing everyone the best .

Some updates by category..
Lights

The top tent is still running both LEDs, but I was noticing some issues. The first was upsetting, two of my seedlings (BrasilxKC circled below in green and Purple Widow circled with purple) were showing extremly mutated leaves. Maybe bad genes, but I suspected the light. The other seedlings were looking good but with SLOW growth... so I backtracked into some of my LED research and went back to looking at intensity, distance, and lens angle.
I only have 36" of height in the top space, running these in a bracket I made I have them 3" from the top of the tent, with 7" of light height. So for going on the far side 10.5" of space for lights. Then factor out the pot height (fabric/ solo cup) and plant height... things were getting too close.
I didn't want to lose light spread so I kept both on and added a single layer of a mesh material across the face of the light. This shading effect had an immediate benefit, plants starting shooting vigorous green growth out within a day. I've seen less miniaturized growth as well!

Mutant9.jpg

Onto the next...
Plants

The 4 bagseeds have been my test subjects, they're over the PH related deficiency problems. I began topping and pruning them to make small bushes, two have responded with nice green lower growth. They're shown in the landscape photo above. I wanted to show off the growth of one plant that really responded well to shading the light, topping and pruning. Shown below...

Shrubbery.jpg

I decided one plant would get a real treat, chopped down to a few nodes.

Recovery.jpg

I sacrificed the top to test out the clonex and put it with my new Early Skunk seedlings. It's 4 days old now...

Seedlingtray.jpg

Happy growing to all!

I guess another update, sooner than expected... on the death of my first male...

Dead4.jpg

I've been foliar feeding with 1/4 a ml of biodbud and 1/2 a ml of bioweed in a mist bottle. I was hoping the biobud, being a bloom booster, would promote my plants to sex sooner. They're old enough either way and I didn't have a control, so that remains unanswered.

I noticed the clusters forming in ball shapes around the top nodes and one of the thicker branches.

Sexing6.jpg

Had to purge it from the garden, the only males I want are from known genetics. So at the very least I'm hoping there is a potential from purple widow, Brasil x KC, tangie or the HIGH potential from early skunk.

Morning y'all. Got up early for work, had some time to blaze through a joint and relax for a bit. Managed to grab some photos too, so here's an update from me while I run a couple CNCs...

So I'm not sure if a different post broke it down... but here's my seedlings.

3x Mega Lemonista fem(in the blue cups)
1x BrasilxKC reg(front right)
1x Purple Widow reg(middle left)
1x Tangie reg(back left)

They've all been a lot healthier since I fixed VERY LOW humidity and began feeding everything in the tent 1/2strength nutes with double ca/mg.

Seedlings213.jpg

The bagseeds are much happier too!
If you look at a post above this one you'll see I chopped a lot of one and attempted a clone. The cutting failed, never shot roots. But the plant bounced back great! It's on the bottom.
The back left plant has been LSTed and responded well. The front right has only been topped... loving how quickly everything recovered

Remainingbagseed.jpg

Hey everyone, made some upgrades to the closet space and some progress towards a controlled environment. I've been having humidity fluctuations throughout the day, partly due to 'popcorn' style walls. I think the high surface area leads to wicking moisture, and in turn drys my things out too much. Not to mention I'd prefer not to have any mold growing in my house!

I picked up some 4mil mylar drop sheeting, and began sealing the interior of the bottom partition. My buddy here will probably be featured a lot, unlike myself I found out he fits in the bottom compartment so it's better I let him work on it.

Plasticinstall.jpg

Plasticbottom.jpg

Fullclosetview.jpg

The plants up top are growing vigorously, and my next update will probably feature transplanting the solo cups.

Plasticinstallday.jpg

The cfl in the bottom won't be alone soon... the upper chamber is most likely getting a single 450 series LED and the 2 300 series lights will move to the bottom. Gearing up to get perpetual going... can't wait to have things in Flower in a couple weeks.

I'm also planning on upgrading all my passive air flow ducts to 6 in. I've been running into an issue of creating a vacuum effect in my tent lately. Either that or make one more 4in passive into the back of the tent.

So I thought I would give some scale to my plants, it's hard to tell from photos how small the space is. Think I'll have to get better at full closet photos... for now a ruler will do!

Measurep1.jpg

Measure3.jpg

Measurep3.jpg

The plant in the top photo has the healthiest stem, just over the width of my ring finger at its base. These 3 will soon be flowered in the top tent, as soon as my new LEDs arrive.

I've gotta say, for a closet grow, you've got it going on! Nice job!

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing
Thanks Bumble! I'm really happy with it so far... but have plans for improvements. I need more air flow before my LED fixture gets here... upgrading to 1- 6" input and keeping the existing 4". My tents been a bit of an air trap and adds resistance to the system. And thanks for stopping by! Been having a hard time drawing attention to my journal, so I'm glad you could check it out

Bit nonetheless plants are green and thriving, and I'm looking forward to installing my scrog setup this week. I was waiting for one more plant to show sex... it was lacking in side branches aside from when I topped it. I figured it was a male, and last night I sexed it.

Killingamale.jpg

Killinhamale2.jpg

The two remaining bagseeds are both female, I'll double check before giving them the whole upper tent. But one has very prominent pistils... and structurally they're similiar.

They're running low on headroom so the screen is a must this week...

Headroom1.jpg

The other plants will be moved to the lower chamber as soon as my LED arrives this Wednesday

Thanks Bumble! I'm really happy with it so far... but have plans for improvements. I need more air flow before my LED fixture gets here... upgrading to 1- 6" input and keeping the existing 4". My tents been a bit of an air trap and adds resistance to the system. And thanks for stopping by! Been having a hard time drawing attention to my journal, so I'm glad you could check it out

Bit nonetheless plants are green and thriving, and I'm looking forward to installing my scrog setup this week. I was waiting for one more plant to show sex... it was lacking in side branches aside from when I topped it. I figured it was a male, and last night I sexed it.

Killingamale.jpg

Killinhamale2.jpg

The two remaining bagseeds are both female, I'll double check before giving them the whole upper tent. But one has very prominent pistils... and structurally they're similiar.

They're running low on headroom so the screen is a must this week...

Headroom1.jpg

The other plants will be moved to the lower chamber as soon as my LED arrives this Wednesday
I believe your headed in the right direction! And, I'm here for the rest of the growing. You know, the more, the merrier! Come by the Hive anytime, I've a good bunch and they are always ready to help WHOEVER! Love it here for my growing! Some of them have real heavy threads that really require a lot of attention with multiple grows going so it's tough to grab em, but, they almost always respond if you reach out! Like your doing! Now, you got a Bumble running through your grow! Nice job.

Bumble's Humble Hive! It's Alive

Peaceful blazing

Hello hello 420mag dwellers...
I received my 3rd LED yesterday. It's the in-between size for the lights I have and features an extra panel over the smaller versions I already have... I'm happy with it.

So to prepare for flower I needed to clear space in the upper chamber and leave only a drain grate and two plants...

Postledprescrog.jpg

I hung the new light in the lower cabinet and moved the Lemonistas, Purple Widow, brasilxKC, and tangie. They'll join the seedlings, and kick off my veg/mother area.

Lowerchsmber.jpg

Next... and sorry I forgot to take pictures of the construction... is the installed SCROG assembly.

Itsgettinscroggy.jpg

I'll see how they're taking it when I get home, move branches accordingly and feed them potentially their last veg formula nutes tonight...

Scrog56.jpg

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns... feel free. I don't feel there's ever 'bad' input. And I have photos I can upload from other angles if need be... happy growing, happy tokin... the shops about to head out to hooters so I'll be having a bit of a liquid lunch today haha

Edit: the pots are 9 inches tall, the scrog net material (fishing line) height is 13 7/8. The plants peak heights were approaching 20inches before being bent.

hey fella, i am in.
i like your style. looking good.
what lights are these exactly?

i know its too late, but i have seen your purpling and the woody stems and i wanted to say something about that.

Purpling can happen like said when the temps drop. but if the temps are ok a purpling on the petioles (leaf stems) could be a deficieny in Phosphorous, not Potassium. i had this with my all plants you have seen and after i gave them a touch of Hesi Bloom IN VEG it got better.

But if you have an early wooden stem combined with purple lines on the stems and branches you are facing a Sulfur deficiency with a slight overall deficiency.

also i thought they had wet shoes.

i know that its too late, but next time you will know more. this is what i would have done:

layers of paper towels under each pot with a tip of it in one of the drainage holes sucking water out faster
after that i would have checked the perfect PH for the suspicious Nutrients and flush the medium with water with that pH.

next step would be sucking that exess water out too and then start feeding again with medium strength nutrient solution at that same pH. when the signs dont get better it was another problem. but i am PRETTY confident about what i said. :)

if the stems turn corky (not woody) and you have brown stripes between the leaves veins it is Boron. i have had serious problems on all my Atomicals with a Boron deficiency. i did exactly what i told you because se soil was freshly watered and now it is good. the one in the regular pot is facing it again slightly, but the ones in airpots are healthy like youve seen in my journal.

BTW: this run all the plants in air pots look almost perfect, actually the healthiest plants ive seen in a while, but the ones in regular pots with the exact same DNA are not as good. Aitpots are the best imho. if you know how to handle them they only have benefits

hey fella, i am in.
i like your style. looking good.
what lights are these exactly?

i know its too late, but i have seen your purpling and the woody stems and i wanted to say something about that.

Purpling can happen like said when the temps drop. but if the temps are ok a purpling on the petioles (leaf stems) could be a deficieny in Phosphorous, not Potassium. i had this with my all plants you have seen and after i gave them a touch of Hesi Bloom IN VEG it got better.

But if you have an early wooden stem combined with purple lines on the stems and branches you are facing a Sulfur deficiency with a slight overall deficiency.

also i thought they had wet shoes.

i know that its too late, but next time you will know more. this is what i would have done:

layers of paper towels under each pot with a tip of it in one of the drainage holes sucking water out faster
after that i would have checked the perfect PH for the suspicious Nutrients and flush the medium with water with that pH.

next step would be sucking that exess water out too and then start feeding again with medium strength nutrient solution at that same pH. when the signs dont get better it was another problem. but i am PRETTY confident about what i said. :)

if the stems turn corky (not woody) and you have brown stripes between the leaves veins it is Boron. i have had serious problems on all my Atomicals with a Boron deficiency. i did exactly what i told you because se soil was freshly watered and now it is good. the one in the regular pot is facing it again slightly, but the ones in airpots are healthy like youve seen in my journal.

BTW: this run all the plants in air pots look almost perfect, actually the healthiest plants ive seen in a while, but the ones in regular pots with the exact same DNA are not as good. Aitpots are the best imho. if you know how to handle them they only have benefits

For the lights... we'll see if the admins come back again and remove the name. I'm not sponsored and this isn't a sponsored grow. They're not a contributor to 420mag. Viparspectra... 2 300 series and my newest is a 450 series.

I felt like I reacted quickly with the bagseeds... just used what I knew before. Their first feeding was done by my buddy at a sister grow... hopefully I'll have pictures of their progress soon as well. I picked them up waterlogged after specifying I needed them dry to transplant. The roots were really winding in the cup... and the box I brought them home in was soaked haha. He admit to watering everyday (no PHing or anything) until the day I picked them up.

Now I may have to give that technique a try with my sativa dominant strains. Though I think their particular issue is based off different nutrient needs, they've been fed with the same mix as the others. (The others of the same size, the two plants up top are taking whatever bump of extra base nutes I give em. They're bigger so they get a different mix)

And I'm a HUGE fan of the smaller cloth pots when they're used right. I need to SOAK these to make sure the outside of the pot has even moisture or only the bottom third gets damp. Then I get uneven soil dry times. This year's outdoor will be my first time with 100gals

Whats wrong with 420? isnt it allowed to talk about anything they dont get payed for? Moneymoneymoney, my bitch is my money.

100 girls... Crazy guy. I thought about an AutoRun with 200 Blueberry x Sweet tooth beans i could grab for 200 bucks 2 years ago. But if they bust me with that i would never see the sun again :)

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

Whats wrong with 420? isnt it allowed to talk about anything they dont get payed for? Moneymoneymoney, my bitch is my money.

100 girls... Crazy guy. I thought about an AutoRun with 200 Blueberry x Sweet tooth beans i could grab for 200 bucks 2 years ago. But if they bust me with that i would never see the sun again :)

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

100 gallon smart pots! Only 6 to 10 plants. 100 is out of my hands hahaha maybe someday... but I'd be in the same boat. I don't think I could do that without some jail time. But yeah I use to have the brand in my journals description but I think it looked like advertising, idk

Back
Top Bottom