Gaffles Perpetual Probiotic Wellness Garden

Everything is going well. I filled both EB on Monday, larger plant took 1.5 gals since Friday and dual plants were about 1gal. Much higher drinking rate as opposed to the small flower. My mound of Bu was smaller than it could have been. I can see where material has been broken down in both the EB and my 1gal clones. I'll possibly re-mound both boxes so I don't hit a stall mid-way.

What you did when you took clones from a flowering plant is known as Monstercropping.

Taking clones from a flower plant that HAS FLOWERS is RE-VEG. That's whats going to happen with the cut. Thats a lot of stress on a plant. I would try and avoid that if possible.

Now taking cuts in say the first 2-3 weeks BEFORE flowers show and after the light switch is a good practice for taking cuts.

On your light schedule re-set, why are you going to do that?

Reason I ask is that I try and not stress any flowering plants at all. I want all my ladies to be happy and comfortable. I don't even go into the flower room much exept to take pics check for pests and do an IPM. I feel touching plants is stressful

What happens to stressed cannabis plants in flower? The can grow male bits, that one huge problem. That could ruin several months of work. I try to avoid.

GAffle - thats pretty cool you got to meet folks from BU Blend/Malibu compost.
That's some of the best compost you can buy in a bag. I use EM-1 to but I'm no-till so just need to inoculate and let nature do its thing.

I'm all about compost - we make our own. I feel like they do from Malibu - the compost is the most important thing, get that right nothing else to worry about.
We do much more work on a daily basis with composting than we do gardening. Prolly any organic farmer is this way. We have to be. Growing plants is the icing ... pretty good icing but the cake is the compost. For me it is.

Taking clones from a flower plant that HAS FLOWERS is RE-VEG. That's whats going to happen with the cut. Thats a lot of stress on a plant. I would try and avoid that if possible.

Now taking cuts in say the first 2-3 weeks BEFORE flowers show and after the light switch is a good practice for taking cuts.

Reason I ask is that I try and not stress any flowering plants at all. I want all my ladies to be happy and comfortable. I don't even go into the flower room much exept to take pics check for pests and do an IPM. I feel touching plants is stressful

What happens to stressed cannabis plants in flower? The can grow male bits, that one huge problem. That could ruin several months of work. I try to avoid.

GAffle - thats pretty cool you got to meet folks from BU Blend/Malibu compost.
That's some of the best compost you can buy in a bag. I use EM-1 to but I'm no-till so just need to inoculate and let nature do its thing.

I'm all about compost - we make our own. I feel like they do from Malibu - the compost is the most important thing, get that right nothing else to worry about.
We do much more work on a daily basis with composting than we do gardening. Prolly any organic farmer is this way. We have to be. Growing plants is the icing ... pretty good icing but the cake is the compost. For me it is.

Its commonly called MONSTERCROPPING the Re-Veg process IS part of it

My spot under the stairs gets cold in winter, low 60s. Instead of running a heater I have offset my lights so one is always on while the other is off. My smaller clones had light stress and grew as if there was a slight re-veg happening. The mother was in flower from seed to get a quick start. The clones went into tent with a different start time compared to the mother and they went wonky. Re-veg isn't a issue cause I have plenty of time, in fact they are getting back to normal. So, due to my different flower start time compared to veg I "re-set" the clock so the start time is now the same from veg. From here on I'll always keep flower start the same as veg start, but after flower is in place I'll set tent to 24hr for a minute and re-set the start time. Just trying to keep my shit productive and efficient.

Gaffle the lake looks pretty incredible. I'd be skaert in a boat.

Your flower lady looks good n chunky. Thats getting good!

Its commonly called MONSTERCROPPING the Re-Veg process IS part of it

I think I tried it once or twice.... took too long for the cut to grow roots! I get impatient with that sorta thing. Regular cloning is work.

Just asking for pests I'm thinking.

I do have a clone now that I let grow roots and sorta kinda too all the other clones put them in soil or the bin. This one had roots but the leaves were almost all gone.

I think the clone is like 6 weeks in water in the cloner then I just put it in soil for S's & G's.

I can see a little green in the very center!

Update time :

I chopped the flower girl on Oct 28th. Trichome were milky with just a few amber. Chop on a plant this size was so easy, and I did not wash anything. I almost filled the bucket but due to using no foliars I decided against it. I'll wash the next batch.

My mineralized box has a problem which consists of fungus gnats. This was happening to the flower girl prior to chop and I thought it was some kind of soil deficiency. Nope, a whole host of gnats setting up shop. I pulled out some soil to inspect the gnats and I also found a beneficial soil mite so some kind of combat is taking place down deep. My non-mineralized box has no signs of major issues besides some yellowing of lower leaves. If this isn't a gnat problem then its just time to amend. I have some living nematodes in the fridge that I will soak and apply to the boxes on Sat morning. For $35 I have enough nematodes to cover up to 2,000 sq feet. Oh yeah bring on the destruction.

The smell from my larger girl is like a sweet Christmas tree. My current crop now smells like the Amherst SD I grew awhile back. I will not get this small plant tested, just can't give up a gram. Next batch will go to the lab. It will be interesting to see what the other pheno will do compared to my current crop. Clones are all doing great. I will get more 1 gal pots and transplant them shortly. My other clones are just weird. I don't have the regular node formation. Its like at a staggered stage. I think the top nodes are getting back in order, and I do have 5 bladed leaves in effect. I can only imagine what will happen when we flower these girls.

Now, to my chopped girl, I have some seeds. The seeds were all under bud sites as opposed to being within the calyx. Some of the seeds were a bit under developed, and some were perfectly shaped and ripe. Does this mean I have feminized seeds? Unknown how any pollen came to be besides the very early hermies. The girl didn't have any female parts when the other plants hermed, but there may have been some pollen lingering. I included a shot of the seeds from my last grow and seeds that were just pulled from this female. We have just over 1oz from this small girl, aw yeah.

No energy for more, here b pics and I'm OUT.

The pics below are from last weekend.

These pics were from today.

Jar of seeds... that's a lot of seeds.

On S1 or FEM seeds. You can get them from a nanner/single male flower, they usually are found way down low in the LAF that grows in the understory. If the seeds were up high, likely a cross pollination unless you had nanners.

Congrats on the harvest. Always good to have fresh home grown!

Congrats on the harvest. Always good to have fresh home grown!

Thx Bob! Yes, having self smoke is hella nice. Unfortunately I'll not be caught up for another 4 weeks or so. I'll have 2 more dispensary trips until my full perpetual machine is in full swing.

I checked the EB with gnats, now it seems most of the gnats are gone and a residence of soil mites are in place. I have no idea where thses mites came from, but they are an extra benefit. I still have nematodes to water into the boxes, just dunno if they are even needed now.

I have a smell coming from the res of infected box. I kept filling up res during the unknown infestation and something went off. The plant is stunted and water intake has gone down. As a fix I'll not water this box for awhile. The peat has water up to mid of box, I assume normally the plant would suck up most of the water before it reached this high. Due to root issues a lot of water was able to wick much higher. Non infected box is dry up top, but roots have all gone laterally. The moisture is 2in below the surface. I'll probably take apart infected box and start fresh with added perlite. I will not throw away the used peat. Instead, due to beneficial bugs, I'll keep it around and top dress now and then. I have zero problems with the soil mites, it's like having soldiers roaming in the soil. Watering time for veg tent tonight. Soil amending all around as well. Pics to come.

Can smell those buds from here, and colors are cool too.

Thx SO. If you were local I'd smoke you down. These 2 plants are definitely a bit different than the first. Larger plant smells like the best sweet pine. Hard to explain, but I love it. Smaller plant is stunted because of fungus gnats. Addition of soil mites and nematodes has helped.

In my btm water pots I have 2" of clay balls, helps with wicking.

I think I had a problem with the gnats killing roots so plant stopped drinking. Everything is coming back now. I have not filled the res due to a lot of water throughout the peat. I'm giving wicking a break for a minute.

I fucked up....

I went in room last night and realized that the veg light cord was bumped and it went off. Prob 2 fucking days of dark in there. All the plants are rough, I was so mad at myself! Welp, let's see what happens. I'll be bummed if I loose clones of the pine plant. I have plenty of seeds so this pheno isn't gone, but it was found fast!

Woa sorry to hear about the Veg issue :confused: I know it wont help you but I have installed
a WattMeter on the power draw being pulled on each circuit. I have them set-up so I can
monitor from my kitchen ;) I know what it should be reading and if its not I know something has failed.

Gazoo, being aware is most important. Its stupid lessons that make us better, eh.

I was not into taking a damn photo. The clones looked like shit so essentially topped them all, got rid of some yuck. Some of the larger fans look good. I am jacking around with the light. Because of the darkness, and my lame timer, I officially set my light back to 24. I will give it until Friday at 2am. Gives us just over 24 hours when lights are back out.

My 1gal clones were doing ok. I pruned a lot underneath. All the leaves are going into my bin of LOS. The L ate the last set of leaves thrown in, they will gobble up this batch fer sher. Egad, I must buy some more 1gal pots and I'm jonesing HARD to just plant more seeds. Weeding (hah) out the males is a PITA, but what can you do?! Round 3 would be to have, say, 4 1gal pots, and each pot has 3 plugs with seeds. Once they have a bit of maturity I will take a cutting from the bottom and let it sit in flower room so sex can be determined. Then cull the males and weak. Ugh, my patience level is not going well. Inside my head I'm at about April with the stages. Going perpetual, and maintaining that machine, is quite an interesting task. Trying to have 3 seperate versions with no F-ups has proven difficult. Lets improve!

Smoked half a j before this post, I could probably keep typing. Gotta know when to fold'em, know when to HOLD'em...:smokin::passitleft::ganjamon:

Sorry about the timer. I hate when that happens, and it always happens. Part of the master plan.

With perpetual, just go with the flow.

The plants are not on your schedule.

Don't stress on the clones. I run them 24/0 all the time. 1 less timer to worry about. Then transition to VEG @ 20/4.

I usually have extra clones so if one bites the dust, take a few more cuts if I need to.

You got this under control.

Update tomorrow. Fungus gnats made their merry way into my 2nd EB. Damage was happening. I transferred some of the peat from the box with soil mites (seems that only one box had the good bugs) along with the beneficials that came for the ride. Nematodes were already applied to both, just not the mites. I dug my finger around and found mites crawling about so everything worked out. The smaller plant was so stunted from the amount of gnat, egad. Once soil was back in check the color has come back. It didn't get taller, but is producing some nice colas. Actually, I'll throw a pic on right now. Tent will be later when flower light is on.

I did manage to kill most of my clones. Only 2 survived the light debacle.

Tomorrow

1. Dump dead clones back into LOS bin.
2. Dunk all pots and clones in 2gal H2O and 2oz EM1.
3. Transfer peat with nematodes and soil mites to the 1 gal pots.
4. Top dress 1gal pots and plant 3 sets of 3 seeds to get stock back up.

At Thanksgiving I gave a family member some seeds. This isn't technically my side of the family so we just started talking. I wasn't even looking, 10+ seeds or so. He was hella shocked. It'll be interesting to see what this batch looks like in his grow. The cured flower is almost gone. After sitting in the jar it smells just like my Amherst Sour D. The plants in flower now smell nothing like it. Thats the fresh scent vs dry so...

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Fine, update.

These are the remaining plants from my F up.

Then plant on the left ended up being a boy. These came in 3 days.

It was cut down and old outdoor clone from 5 or 7gal was put in his place. I've these clones for months. Going to mother the larger plant this weekend.

I also have 2 pots going of Black Sugar Rose and a Blueberry. Going to also clone those 2 this weekend and start them in big light indoors. This weekend I top dressed and added nematodes.

It took a long time to get all the females, yikes. Indoor plants will put in Earthboxes again. This time with mineralized peat. I will start cooking that this weekend as well. Photos to come.

Out!

Attachments

• received_2246564108730062.jpeg
    received_2246564108730062.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 41
  • received_2852653831474274.jpeg
    received_2852653831474274.jpeg
    619.9 KB · Views: 43
  • received_835500170162743.jpeg
    received_835500170162743.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 39
  • received_2297391417194770.jpeg