Ganesha's Evolution

Ha, and they are still alive and kicking, after a watering 1 or 2 pop up.
IMG_1698778551706.JPEG
IMG_1698778651280.JPEG
IMG_1698778819629.JPEG
IMG_1698778908801.JPEG

Wauwwauwauw... I sampled one of the drying buds of the one I cut with the Dynavap.
Very sweet and candy like indeed, some lemony notes certainly when breaking it open, but it finishes on a weird sometimes lavender, sometimes liquorice flavour.... there's also something that reminds me of geraniums as there's that smell and sweetness too, those also secrete a sweet honey like liquid at the branch nodes which I used to taste as a kid.
Very enjoyable flavour combo in the weed for sure.
And after the third toke a heavy daze appeared knocking you right in the face and slumbering over the eyes.
The nugs are also super dense and hard as a rock.
So far the new gear doesn't disappoint maybe even beyond expectation as the left one pretty much grows as if she were outdoors. This is going to be a lot of fun from now on.

Well spoke too soon... figured, saw a leaf stick straight up on the main of the biggen, and upon closer inspection the nug had fuzz.Sigh...
I cut the nug out, the top nug is safe I think, well it's cut but it can dry 33grams for only the bit my hand is under..
it was the lower nug on the pic that had the fuzz.
But how long can I get the rest of the plant go? As I rather be pre-emptive than find more spots... and drying and curing is also gonna be a challenge with this stuff present.. i was thinking getting baguette and bread bags so I can dry & cure branches separately instead of jamming everything together in the pots.

IMG_1699374769955.JPEG
IMG_1699375488613.JPEG

Sorry finished your post now - yeah keep it all as far apart as possible
Yes and also weird.. never have this with the indoor grows, it's so dry here.. I really think it's because I brought it in with the outdoor grow and the tent can't but have sucked in the spores.
I'm gonna lemon clean every nook and cranny.
Gonna chop tomorrow as now eeeh... and with the long bud gone I can get the light lower into the rest for the night.
Chopping the big one is no problem as that's already gonna be delicious smoke... the third one eeeeh well she's not showing any signs yet but she's just in her bulking phase so not yet.

Oh nononononononono... some leaves on the top bud of the middle plant turned yellow, then I saw some fuzz!
First time seeing fuzz indoors here! But the problem is probably I brought tainted bud from outdoor in this room.
Still dammit.. I'm cutting the middle one, the nugs are not huge but rock solid.
I already wiped the tent, and now the two remaining plants don't touch.
If the big one gets it.. argh that would really suck as those nugs are getting on the huge side and can still want to grow bigger. And I'm kinda counting on that one to fill a couple jars.
IMG_1698526324654.JPEG
IMG_1698526456054.JPEG
IMG_1698526436664.JPEG
IMG_1698491231674.jpg
Bummer broski about the fungus, hope the rest is good 👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Hi Fenderbender,
Well that sucks! Few things worse in a grow than reaching the final stages and finding fuzz. If you haven't harvested yet, you could consider a staggered harvest? Take what is close to ready now and leave the lowers for a while longer? Then at least you'll have the first harvest if the fuzz reappears.
Drying in paper bags might not be a bad idea. If you have the fridge space, several growers do a slow dry in the fridge. It will contain any spores I'd think. Good plan.
Best of luck!

Hi Fenderbender,
Well that sucks! Few things worse in a grow than reaching the final stages and finding fuzz. If you haven't harvested yet, you could consider a staggered harvest? Take what is close to ready now and leave the lowers for a while longer? Then at least you'll have the first harvest if the fuzz reappears.
Drying in paper bags might not be a bad idea. If you have the fridge space, several growers do a slow dry in the fridge. It will contain any spores I'd think. Good plan.
Best of luck!
Yeah since the fungus is there I don't trust it, only have to miss a tiny spot on a nug to spoil the whole jar.
And it's indeed a bummer as I was hoping to get the big one really ripe and colourful.
I'm not going to risk the staggering.. the buds on there are pretty lush and pretty milky already.
Only thing that can happen is more develop fuzz.
The cats area already helping with the defoliation!

Yeah since the fungus is there I don't trust it, only have to miss a tiny spot on a nug to spoil the whole jar.
And it's indeed a bummer as I was hoping to get the big one really ripe and colourful.
I'm not going to risk the staggering.. the buds on there are pretty lush and pretty milky already.
Only thing that can happen is more develop fuzz.
The cats area already helping with the defoliation!
It sucks mate but happened to us on our first grow. Asked my farmer mate to take a look, just bit on one cola. We were on our way to buy clippers within 10 minutes. Its manageable in dry/cure, get ‘em as cold and dry as you possibly can but the fungal stuff will be in places where it hasn’t grown yet and the warmth the slights and airflow just means you’ll be chasing it.

It sucks mate but happened to us on our first grow. Asked my farmer mate to take a look, just bit on one cola. We were on our way to buy clippers within 10 minutes. Its manageable in dry/cure, get ‘em as cold and dry as you possibly can but the fungal stuff will be in places where it hasn’t grown yet and the warmth the slights and airflow just means you’ll be chasing it.
What's the best preventative measure indoors? is there a bacteria, anti-fungal fungus or anything topical to use?
As well I'm planning on even bigger buds, but fat chance if they won't get there.

This is gonna make me choose the climate-controller... as that way I can regulate a lot more things and keep things a lot more constant and decrease the extremes and can counter the seasonal changes.
As this grow is finishing a bit colder than it started.
Maybe two small tube heaters on each side to combat this and can also regulate day & night temps better.
And winter is coming.

Move the entire exhaust out of the tent so I got more headroom is also a plan, in a soundproof box would be nice.

And she keeps on..
I final parted her as well with the fuzz on the others to hurry her up, she's fading away like Marty Mcfly
IMG_1699996109701.JPEG

And these pop up so often, and when they do it does not smell like I'm growing weed, it smells like a shroomery.
Definitely gonna save that soil.
IMG_1699996131040.JPEG

The plant that stayed the smallest the longest definitely has the sweetest smell, often some of the smaller buds on plants turn out super flavourful, aren't we making the same mistake as in our farming as we select for big nice fruits that are sweet yes but almost devoid of any complexity or other things that used to be there, some bitterness, some tang..

Interesting, I could almost completely cleanly lift out all the medium even the hydroton almost all is part of the block.
With the smaller sip there's more action in the soil but well the main action is between the pebbles and at the water channel but at least I feel the soil wasn't just for show, in the big sip the soil smelled as fresh as I put it in there as it wasn't used at all.
I mean this is surely more of a hydro/soil setup the way they turn out
IMG_1700094756564.JPEG
IMG_1700094703828.JPEG

@ReservoirDog Roots!
IMG_1700094734837.JPEG
IMG_1700094798181.JPEG

I fed more finalpart today
Hoping she stays fuzzfree till the end.
Deep clean and photos!
IMG_1700336049728.JPEG
Looking good. Remind me the age and length of flowering please.

Looking good. Remind me the age and length of flowering please.
Euhm I think it's day 78 from shedding the husk, I don't know how long she's been flowering as this is the one that got dropped and stunted for a while, she was a bit behind the others.
It's a forced finish though with the finalpart otherwise she'd probably still be green

Back
Top Bottom