Gator's Cage

Re: Gators' Cage

Tough to purge if you OD them on prills, but looks like I could top dress half ounce each and water with water. I have a newly arrived selection of irrigation drip emiters, various small pumps, and a Chicago digital timer that I don't yet know how to use. Plain water delivery would be sweet, but
I will soon be pumping something. :morenutes:

Pres, my fellow poet. Finding the bottom of the bowl is process, not a goal.

Ah touche, perhaps my thoughts shall weigh.
We must proceed, with the goal to succeed.

Looking Great Gator!

What do you think of the heat output of these 400 W retrofits compared with other HID's of like power? I'm flowering at night now because daytime rates for electricity are prohibitive, and even here in SoKali, I had to put a small heater in the room in order to keep temps optimal!?! It would seem that they are much more efficient from a lumens/ watt perspective. Also, are you familiar with this product:
MasterColor® CDM Elite Medium Watt
If you check out the tech specs, it is better in every way than what we are currently using, better CRI, longer life, better lumens/watt, universal positioning, comparable luminescence with the 400 W, the whole nine yards at 315 W with a digital ballast. @ $250 a bulb [ouch!] I will let my ladies pay for them but they are my future, if I can find them, Phillips doesn't make that easy, but a lighting contractor that I know is looking into them.

:peace:out, as the kids like to say,

b;)
b, I've run side by side HPS v CMH 250s. The heat for either was in the ballast. If you run it in a hood, that's where you'll find more heat. I run bare bulb vertical, and I believe that I get more usable light with less waste heat.
That light set from Phillips sounds good, but their retrofit CMH is my fave. I am now setting up a 400w vertical CMH, the biggest they make. I'll use HPS when I can grow bigger. New 400w magnetic ballast, cord/socket set and HPS bulb is $120. CMH bulb is $52.

Irishboy, that plasma looks like a trick rig, but a lot of money. I had thought that a point source light would find its' best use in a vertical configuration, but they've mounted it for flat. 280w for $1080? I think my 250 CMH puts out more than 15k lumens, and in excellent spectrum. $170, and discard the extra HPS bulb.

b, I've run side by side HPS v CMH 250s. The heat for either was in the ballast. If you run it in a hood, that's where you'll find more heat. I run bare bulb vertical, and I believe that I get more usable light with less waste heat.
That light set from Phillips sounds good, but their retrofit CMH is my fave. I am now setting up a 400w vertical CMH, the biggest they make. I'll use HPS when I can grow bigger. New 400w magnetic ballast, cord/socket set and HPS bulb is $120. CMH bulb is $52.

Irishboy, that plasma looks like a trick rig, but a lot of money. I had thought that a point source light would find its' best use in a vertical configuration, but they've mounted it for flat. 280w for $1080? I think my 250 CMH puts out more than 15k lumens, and in excellent spectrum. $170, and discard the extra HPS bulb.

ya its allot of money like the leds are. i will not be using a plasma light until its cheaper..

ive been thinking about CMH.. how much would the best 400w setup be? everything you need?

from what i have read the CMH lights cause more leafy buds or something like that? the spectrum looks good to me. dont u need a certain ballast or something?

PX, Pakistani @ 48 days flowering. 250w CMH. Four plants, 26 x 30" box
000_05141.JPG

Irish, better results are no doubt possible, but I was very happy and now seek to duplicate. That was seven months ago.
The best 400w CMH set-up is the cheapest:
High Tech Garden Supply $120
Welcome To Advanced Technology Solutions ~ Lighting Divison $52
Thats' it, and the bulbs are pre-burned.

Nope, you need an old-style magnetic ballast.

The Lumatek's high-frequency operation is not compatible with these retro bulbs, which were designed to replace HPS bulbs in factories using magnetic HPS ballasts.

cool thanks... so i need the old school ones? the big box ones that weight 500lbs.lol.. and will burn the shit out of you.. reminds me of my old school MH light with the ballast built into the light fixture, i swear its like the 1st one ever made but still works like a champ.

Off Topic/
Mr Waits was very nice and friendly, albeit quirky, and also seemed and smelled rather stoned both times i've had the pleasure of talking to him. :smokin:

On Topic/
SnowBender goes off to try and order a CMH from the electrical contractor next to my work...

cool thanks... so i need the old school ones? the big box ones that weight 500lbs.lol.. and will burn the shit out of you.. reminds me of my old school MH light with the ballast built into the light fixture, i swear its like the 1st one ever made but still works like a champ.

That HTG 400w "oldschool" ballast is a nice one. Not big or heavy. I have the 150w version of the same ballast and it's very good.

I've got one of those boat anchors you're talking about. Still working like a champ too, lol.

I've have a 39" tent set up but unused for months. I will now install a catch-basin, and a turntable bottle rack:
000_1211.JPG

000_1212.JPG

A single piece would be better, but I had these. I'll splice them together, and rest temporarily on the basin rim. Then lift onto eight castors mounted to support the table around the rim. They will be inverted, and of the non-swiveling kind. Just inside of them is the cesspool wall, and just inside the pool are the bottle spouts, dripping into a collection.
Yeah, I know: Show me, like they do in Missouri.

Then comes the timer automated drip irrigation sub-system.
"Where's my blueprint, dammit"

White light like the Sun is best,
But I would run a big HPS
If I a circuit with a big enough ess

the ballast got hotheaded and left. That was with a Hortilux ES 1000 W HPS [which is sitting unused for over a year now].
For spite. When that happens you want to hate, but...

tropical vacation will end with a beheading
We're a bloodthirsty species, but at least flowers don't scream and try to run away.
And they at least had a good life despite dying unpolinated and barren.

Pool side with a castor, 3/4" above the edge with the scrap corners and a piece of 2 by 4. I need the table to be turnable because I can't access the sides of the tent. It won't turn often, just for maintainance.
000_1219.JPG

Pool is double lined. $2 IKEA shower curtain is the inside barrier, then the 3.5 ml black plastic. The tents' tub liner is a third containment, neighbors live below me.
000_1222.JPG

This stuff, along with a small pump and drip emiters is nearly it. Home stretch
000_1225.JPG

Back
Top Bottom