Gator's Cage

Getting fat, still swelling.
They're danking up pretty good despite lean base nutes only, throughout!
Now, I'm 90% sure that OC alone will grow at least 90% of ideal :)
000_1311.JPG

Definitely not their best side, but...
000_1309.JPG

Four PX next to a 250, on 12s for a week
000_1302.JPG

Eight PX next to 400w. Been on 12s 5 days, 3 days behind the four.
000_1297.JPG

The eight were vegged a bit less than the four, and won't be as big at the end?
I'm going to fix a bowl of :popcorn:

Looking healthy!

I'm having a little mag lockout in the coco with the clones under the T5. Checked my tap water ppm again and it's up at 245, so I think the calcium is too high to use straight tap water.

I don't think adding cal/mag to the tap water is going to help because it's a lockout issue, so I'm thinking of using RO and adding cal/mag.

I added a teaspoon of Dynamite purple to the 5" pots, so the next few days should be very interesting.

Just got done chopping and trimming.

Too tired to update my journal, but I'm going to bed happy ;).

Just got done chopping and trimming.
Nice to have it done ;) I get stun-stoned trimming, without even smoking.

245 sounds like my water. I suspect that daily excess run-through is a key.
I so want to plumb a grow on city line pressure with a std irrigation timer,
that I may continue to fail to acknowledge cal/mag issues in my garden.

Ripening GWS colas bulge on the lit side. I'll take asymmetrical weight, but...
I believe that providing light to more than one side will bring rewards.

well, it's easy to ignore when you don't got it, lol

I haven't seen any mag def on your leaves.

Having to use RO with coco would not be a deal-breaker for me, but I'd sure love to use tap.

nothing wrong with a little symmetry, Mr. Gator ;)

Maybe with the CRF in there, the tap water will be OK. I'll have to experiment a little.

Sure is nice to see the results of those experiments in a few hours as opposed to a few days in soil.

well, it's easy to ignore when you don't got it, lol

I haven't seen any mag def on your leaves
Any success in my cage is due entirely to the expert engineers at my citys' waterworks, and the one's that formulate fertilizer. And light bulbs.
Also, 1200 ppm including preload max. Once again: less is more, 600 is plenty.
Many people drink a lot of soda pop, but probably wouldn't consume that much sugar as pure honey.
Maybe with the CRF in there, the tap water will be OK. I'll have to experiment a little.

Sure is nice to see the results of those experiments in a few hours as opposed to a few days in soil.
A few small coco cups with varied amounts of prills. Leach water measured for ppm, also in varied amounts. This could show something useful.
Time & temperature may also make a difference, but I'm going to punt the ball.
With one foot ;)

Nice to have it done ;) I get stun-stoned trimming, without even smoking.

245 sounds like my water. I suspect that daily excess run-through is a key.
I so want to plumb a grow on city line pressure with a std irrigation timer,
that I may continue to fail to acknowledge cal/mag issues in my garden.

Ripening GWS colas bulge on the lit side. I'll take asymmetrical weight, but...
I believe that providing light to more than one side will bring rewards.

Ahhh, but then you'd have to have plant behind that, with a light behind that, with a plant behind that... :grinjoint:

If I wasn't so squeamish, I could re-rout my sanitary pipes, and get a little back to back... naaah, think I'd rather rearrange the furniture :)

I've got a CMH on the way :cheer:

:peace:

Please explain to me what these 400w cmh bulbs are and do. I am really interested....
Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs that I use are made by Phillips for factories/warehouses as a replacement for HPS with the old style magnetic ballasts. Electronic(sic) ballasts like Lumatek do not work with these.
The light is hard bright white, like sunlight. Yellow light from HPS is less efficient for growth than white light. Lumens are a few less, but lumens don't measure true value to the plants.
There are those that say "it's a veg light", yes it is superior for veg. I believe it's also better for flowering. Hortilux says their high-dollar bulb emits 20% more blue. 20% more than nothing is nothing. CMH's got it all
This outfit claims to pre-burn CMHs, for good reason. I've had no problems except blink outs: they do not restart hot, full 15 minute cool down needed.
Ceramic Metal Halide Fact Page ~ Advanced Technology Solutions, LLC
The outer glass is so tough, for a reason, that these are the only HID bulbs rated UL for open fixtures, I think. If the inner plasma tube fails, there's a mini meteor of heat to be contained.
Phillips doesn't market these for horticulture, but I'll bet they know about us :)

Update: cages got fragrant. Three working, all in bloom. My envelope(cage?) is stretching.
Here's the near ready GWS, eight plants 250w CMH, WTW coco on lean base nutes only
000_1320.JPG

000_1319.JPG

In the other 30" box with no(yet) cage also 250w CMH, 11 days bloom cycle, PX
000_1312.JPG

and a sister in her corner
000_1314.JPG

The third is a 39" tent w/ 400w CMH. The inside screen may work with eight girls
These are three days behind the four, and were smaller at bloom onset
000_1321.JPG

its amazing what 250w can do growing vert.

hey i seen a grow setup like the one you have with the cage in the middle and the plants around, using a 600w HPS with 8 plants, and let me tell you the yield was amazing. i believe like a few pounds or something. so it should work out great. But he did have more space around the plants and wall then u do. . once i get a new spot i want to do a vert grow with two 400w CMH lights stacked.

hey i seen a grow setup like the one you have with the cage in the middle and the plants around, using a 600w HPS with 8 plants
If it's the same as I saw, that's where I got the idea from :idea:
once i get a new spot i want to do a vert grow with two 400w CMH lights stacked.
Me too. I'm expecting a 15" tall wall of buds here. Two would more than double that with the overlap. The 'wall' with 250 is 12"

Here's the other 2 of the 4 PX @ 12 days flower, 22" tall & bushy.
Good spacing for big bud colas.
000_1327.JPG

of the 8 PX @ 9 days flower, 18" not so bushy. Could have used 2 more days veg with the big light, or not if my guess was right. Once I've captured the light with a cylinder canopy, excess is :hmmmm:
000_1335.JPG

4 days plain tap for a flush, and these nugs will be cut, trimmed, and desiccated using CaCl.
Another big :idea:
000_1330.JPG

Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs that I use are made by Phillips for factories/warehouses as a replacement for HPS with the old style magnetic ballasts. Electronic(sic) ballasts like Lumatek do not work with these.
The light is hard bright white, like sunlight. Yellow light from HPS is less efficient for growth than white light. Lumens are a few less, but lumens don't measure true value to the plants.

Tell it brotherman... PAR!

There are those that say "it's a veg light", yes it is superior for veg. I believe it's also better for flowering. Hortilux says their high-dollar bulb emits 20% more blue. 20% more than nothing is nothing. CMH's got it all
This outfit claims to pre-burn CMHs, for good reason. I've had no problems except blink outs: they do not restart hot, full 15 minute cool down needed.
Ceramic Metal Halide Fact Page ~ Advanced Technology Solutions, LLC
The outer glass is so tough, for a reason, that these are the only HID bulbs rated UL for open fixtures, I think. If the inner plasma tube fails, there's a mini meteor of heat to be contained.
Phillips doesn't market these for horticulture, but I'll bet they know about us :)
:)

DSC08096.jpg

:slide:

Har dee har har
What you need is PAR
Without it you won't go very far
Your plants will stretch over thar
And you'll have to get in the car
To buy buds from Mr. Tsar
If you want your White Russian
Or a nice Cheese Header
You'll have to give up some Cheddar
Talk about down, that's a let 'er!

:smokin:

Jeeze PG, I wish it was christmas
Then next month, 'stead of scrounging
To an island I'd be flying,
Or at the least, a nice isthmus :)

And, on top of the light, I just ordered another tent for 20/4 vegging... am I committed, or should I be committed? :tokin:

And, the fugging deer ate the little, tiny budlets I left out from Mrs Horse's secret garden... bow season starts soon :)

Any success in my cage is due entirely to the expert engineers at my citys' waterworks, and the one's that formulate fertilizer. And light bulbs.
Also, 1200 ppm including preload max. Once again: less is more, 600 is plenty.
Many people drink a lot of soda pop, but probably wouldn't consume that much sugar as pure honey.

very good point. I do remember checking my nutes ppm a couple of times, but can't remember what it was. Pretty sure it was three digits, but I'll check it again.

For some reason, I'm still trying to keep everything in my head, which may have worked 20 years ago, but not so good today, lol.

A few small coco cups with varied amounts of prills. Leach water measured for ppm, also in varied amounts. This could show something useful.
Time & temperature may also make a difference, but I'm going to punt the ball.
With one foot ;)

maybe I'll combine that with the next set of PPP cuts I put in cups. Great idea, PG.

Back
Top Bottom