Gator's Cage

The regular OC doesn't have micros, so you're going to have to add them in.
Huh? I'll just buy OC+ or that other stuff, if I can find it.
I'll have four volunteers, they can all have something different :)
No micros no fun, I wondered why I was the only one with the pink poo pie.
plants above are looking remarkably healthy and happy.
Yes, thanx. I'm happy with their robust performance. They already show more trichs than those fat cola mofos.
And stink more eloquently ;)

Wrap on last pick: 204g, .8g/w in the short form.
Barely fragrant, zero sparkle, mild taste and a subtle high that you must wait for.
On a 10 scale maybe a 6. Sure were big dense colas! GWS :rip:
000_1388.JPG

Now, it's Pineapple Express @26 days and nights, 4 plants with the same 250w CMH
000_1414.JPG

They got that bling sparkle already. You'd think that these trichomes at least, will be amber in a month when I pick them.
000_1408.JPG

This will be a 10" cola, on 26" tall plants so far. Maybe two inch more if I'm lucky. Were about 8 or 10 inches when flipped.
000_1411.JPG

The odor intensifies; a fruity skunk. Un-mistake-able.

Thanks for doing these grows, Propa. I see you getting good yeilds, but still working on resin content. I'm sure that will be worked out in time. LOVE the efficiency.

Regarding dessicants, I has good success with them in the fungal world but the dessicant was used only at the very end of the drying process to get the last bits of moisture. That isn't the goal with Cannabis, so it could be a challenge to use them and get the buds dried just right.

I was stuck in a steam bath, with no dehumidifier. With winters' dry air, I'll do fine.
I've read of industrial, and laboratory uses of desiccants.

THC resin weight is far more important than bud weight, and genetics rule.
Growers' 'art' must not interfere with this. When I see a grower on video squeezing buds, I shudder in disgust.

I was stuck with an in-progress grow of sad-ass GWS, so I used that grow to learn. I could have gained 10 or 15% yield with top light.
Also, I used only very light base nutes, and believe more may have yielded less.
Two important findings, and I don't believe this is strain dependent. More light gives more yield- if it is good light in the right place. More light also decreases g/w, but the value of frosty stinkers over-rides utility costs ;)

Thankyou Munki, for your attention and input. This thread gets plenty of views, but declining postings. My 'know-it-all' ass suspects the reason why, but I'm too old to change my ways :)

:yummy: more light also gives better yield.

g/w is overrated, how 'bout $made-$spent/gr./kilowatt hr?
Efficiency is a multi-variable rating. Resources available is the main consideration, but what are they? Bottled CO2 with timed release and a semi-vented tent will return low reward for money spent. How much does the real estate cost? What is the value of bringing materials into an apartment or house? The risk? How about disposing the dross? I like money in to money out, but important factors are missing. I call g/w the 'short form', and use it as a comparative indicator but... Efficiency means different things to every person in every aspect, and changes constantly for each.
Atlas would shrug.
ars gratia artis
I try to restrict these endeavors to my rhetoric, and watch precious few movies;
too many of them are like photon projectile vomiting, with audio assault for shits 'n giggles.

I This thread gets plenty of views, but declining postings. My 'know-it-all' ass suspects the reason why, but I'm too old to change my ways :)

Your disciples shall go forth,
growing round cages of green
with a bulb in between...

And come back with questions
like Where do you like your bulb?
Should the tops always get some light?
Or let them think they've grown into shade?

I'm worried I'm going to have to switch to my 600 HPS to get the coverage I need for five larger plants.

Two important findings, and I don't believe this is strain dependent. More light gives more yield- if it is good light in the right place. More light also decreases g/w, but the value of frosty stinkers over-rides utility costs ;)

Thankyou Munki, for your attention and input. This thread gets plenty of views, but declining postings. My 'know-it-all' ass suspects the reason why, but I'm too old to change my ways :)

On the gram per watt front, I'm not a big fan of this for efficiency. A much better thing is to put a Kill-A-Watt Meter inline with the power going to the grow room and then just write down the total KWH used for the entire grow. It will then include all electricity usage from all devices and lead to a more useful gram per KWH ratio. Multiply in a cents per KWH value and real costs are returned.

You made me laugh on the last sentence. I think your thread gets both more posts and views than mine, though you are doing some exciting things here. Just know I'm in the background reading and learning.

Hang in there my brother. :peace:

Hi Mr Gator

I'm guilty! I watch but make no comments. What's to say? You explain and back up what you do with your grow and that's important to me. Too bad about the GWS and I think your right, more good light would have helped the yield.
Truthfully, your an out of the box thinker and do things others spend a fortune on to do the same thing. I say congratulations for showing us what can be done with out breaking the bank. Thank you!.

Loved your take on the movies! :peace:

What's to say? You explain and back up what you do with your grow and that's important to me.
I guess I was fishing, and caught some good ones. Thankyou OMM, this^ line is much more than complimentary; it's flattering. I like being read by silent 'fans', but once in a while my ego wants to 'count coup'.
I've just been too busy.
Mr Sun, you carry a load that I can hardly imagine. A full-time profession, a family, grow projects and a couple of threads. Probably more, but who's counting? I think that you should more often just catch a nice buzz, then go for a long ride. We all should.

My next new project will be more mainstream: a SOG under T5s. No veg time rooted cuttings, to finish 18" @ 7 to 10g each (I hope). 16 of them in 4 sq feet. Yes, I know that LEDs would do better, but I have T5s
Small personal medicine grows are and should be the main point of grow journals on 420Magazine, and I want to learn and share these.
Large commercial grows make the Masters of the Universe nervous. I don't want to piss them off, I want them destroyed. This can happen only through widespread non-violent civil disobediance and boycott, but I haven't a clue how to boycott DuPont or Monsanto. If everyone grows or knows someone who does, that's a start.

This can happen only through widespread non-violent civil disobediance and boycott

Kinetic bombardment with a few (well, less than 25000, certainly) coordinated small-mass asteroids launched from the Oort cloud and accelerated to ~.8c would do the trick. Make for a real pretty night sky show, too. Properly set up by someone who didn't snooze all the way through Interstellar Physics 204, the collateral damage should be limited to a 2.2-mile radius around each and every chemical factory, political office/residence, hospital/doctor owned by HMOs - and the HMOs themselves - and Wal*Mart store on the planet.

And if the person charged with setting up the strike did goof and drop a zero somewhere in his calculations, well... Intelligent(sic) life did manage to crawl out of the oceans once. If it happens again, the resultant species ought to have a better absolute chance of getting it right - or at least of not getting it horribly wrong - than we as a species do right now.

Kinetic bombardment with a few (well, less than 25000, certainly) coordinated small-mass asteroids launched from the Oort cloud and accelerated to ~.8c would do the trick. Make for a real pretty night sky show, too. Properly set up by someone who didn't snooze all the way through Interstellar Physics 204, the collateral damage should be limited to a 2.2-mile radius around each and every chemical factory, political office/residence, hospital/doctor owned by HMOs - and the HMOs themselves - and Wal*Mart store on the planet.

And if the person charged with setting up the strike did goof and drop a zero somewhere in his calculations, well... Intelligent(sic) life did manage to crawl out of the oceans once. If it happens again, the resultant species ought to have a better absolute chance of getting it right - or at least of not getting it horribly wrong - than we as a species do right now.

Dude, I knew you were up there... somewhere... but really... leave Wal*Mart alone. Put my town on the map it did... yeah... :cheer:

But take out all the insurance salesmen... we'll figure it out somehow without them. :)

Goot Got Gator, can't wait to see what the cage yields. :popcorn:

Your disciples shall go forth,
growing round cages of green
with a bulb in between...

And come back with questions
like Where do you like your bulb?
Should the tops always get some light?
Or let them think they've grown into shade?

I'm worried I'm going to have to switch to my 600 HPS to get the coverage I need for five larger plants.
Growing weed and speaking like me, didn't you know vacinations are free?

I bring the bulb down on it's yo-yo hanger till the top of filament(sic) is just below tops of colas. Now stretch is done at four weeks, and I'll raise it one inch - even with top of mainstem colas.

Can you run both, 400 CMH and 600 HPS? Grow five trees in an X in a 6 or 7' space. Kick butt with two bare vert bulbs.
Kinetic bombardment with a few (well, less than 25000, certainly) coordinated small-mass asteroids launched from the Oort cloud and accelerated to ~.8c would do the trick.
Maybe the "non-violent" part was bombastic.

Here's PX @30 days, each of four colas with more sparkle than the entire grow of eight I recently cut
000_1436.JPG

Here's a mistake, a GWS that I thought was PX in the 400 tent of eight. It's beefier but useless: absolute proof positive that you can't feed for trichomes. A healthy plant produces them if genetically inclined. I'll get trichomes on the shaded side of PX, but there will be reduced flower mass for them to form on.
An old horseman once told me: a slow horse eats as much as a champion.

000_1432.JPG

I provide her with a nice cage to live in, happy light to bask in, and good juice to stew in. Why won't she wear bling for me? Big biotch ain't getting me out the ghetto with no dam bling. :smokin:

How long did you flower the GWS for? Green House states "Most growers harvest after 65 days. A week longer will give extra resin and a special sweet taste."

The last three photos on the GWS page on their site look reasonably snowy. Then again, one assumes that the breeder will use the BEST example that they can find for photos - not the average. Who knows? Shame that they didn't turn out the way you had hoped.

The Fiskars did it! I asked for a light trim and got whacked. The fat budded, useless GWS got hit really hard.
I don't think she'll survive round 2. She will not be shading any PX buds :smokin:
000_1440.JPG

000_1442.JPG

Defoliation. If they want fan leaves, they'll grow more. Shaded buds don't develop,
and they won't be making seed to need those storehouses.
They don't need anymore roots, either. Everthing they need is served up pre-digested ;)
"A la carte minerals please, and a glass of water." :yummy:

tripped out by the Gator! Just read 30 pages during the wee morning hours and the little brain cell gears are spinning.

Thought I had the logistics of my just started grow all figured out when a new possibility comes along. Now I only have a small clue.

Love the light. Just need to figure if I want to go horizontal or vertical. Maybe the answer will arrive during my sleep break.

Thanx a million buds Gator. :roorrip:

The Fiskars did it! I asked for a light trim and got whacked. The fat budded, useless GWS got hit really hard.
I don't think she'll survive round 2. She will not be shading any PX buds :smokin:
Defoliation. If they want fan leaves, they'll grow more. Shaded buds don't develop,
and they won't be making seed to need those storehouses.
They don't need anymore roots, either. Everthing they need is served up pre-digested ;)
"A la carte minerals please, and a glass of water." :yummy:

I totally agree - one thing I noticed in my last grow was shaded buds looking pale and shrunken like a guy who just got out of solitary... I'm going to follow your lead and fiskar them suckers.

Back
Top Bottom