Gator's Cage

tripped out by the Gator! Just read 30 pages during the wee morning hours and the little brain cell gears are spinning.

Thought I had the logistics of my just started grow all figured out when a new possibility comes along. Now I only have a small clue.

Love the light. Just need to figure if I want to go horizontal or vertical. Maybe the answer will arrive during my sleep break.

Thanx a million buds Gator. :roorrip:

Gator definitely thinks out of the box even though he grows in one...

I'm trying out the vertical bulb this time, and there are some definite points in it's favor - simplicity being among the first.

Defoliation. If they want fan leaves, they'll grow more. Shaded buds don't develop,
and they won't be making seed to need those storehouses.
They don't need anymore roots, either. Everthing they need is served up pre-digested ;)
"A la carte minerals please, and a glass of water." :yummy:

Different outdoors....trim like that and you'll get a shocked out plant....they just freeze up...or die. Sunlight penetrates better I guess....I never remove a leaf that is green and working...The budz under and inside seem to ripen without issue

Different outdoors....trim like that and you'll get a shocked out plant....they just freeze up...or die. Sunlight penetrates better I guess....I never remove a leaf that is green and working...The budz under and inside seem to ripen without issue

Yeah, outdoors the sun moves around so it's less likely any bud will be in constant shade. Part of the reason I like using a light mover... but trying out this vertical thing, I might as well do as Gator does.

Gator definitely thinks out of the box even though he grows in one...

I'm trying out the vertical bulb this time, and there are some definite points in it's favor - simplicity being among the first.

Yep, it is the simplicity. Put a hole in a damn bucket and hang the light by its tail. Time to go start my journal. :thanks:

I never pruned so radically before. Maybe lights-on next peek and I'm going to be in shock...or dead; "This is the big one, Elizabeth".
Yeah, outdoors the sun moves around so it's less likely any bud will be in constant shade. Part of the reason I like using a light mover...
Though a vertical yo-yo light-mover is possible if inspired like McGyver, my KISS rule would definately be violated. Another mechanical contraption to mess up at the most inconvenient time and inflict collateral damage; like a snafu'd watering system that not only doesn't feed the girls, but floods me and my neighbors out. Stacking two bulbs for trees or tiered 'seating' in the gallery appeals to my dream-scheme grandiose upgrade fantasies.
Yep, it is the simplicity. Put a hole in a damn bucket and hang the light by its tail.

I never pruned so radically before. Maybe lights-on next peek and I'm going to be in shock...or dead; "This is the big one, Elizabeth".

Though a vertical yo-yo light-mover is possible if inspired like McGyver, my KISS rule would definately be violated. Another mechanical contraption to mess up at the most inconvenient time and inflict collateral damage; like a snafu'd watering system that not only doesn't feed the girls, but floods me and my neighbors out. Stacking two bulbs for trees or tiered 'seating' in the gallery appeals to my dream-scheme grandiose upgrade fantasies.

I guess it would mostly depend on the strain hardiness to whether or not they'll get shocked and slow down... but they always seem to grow like weeds to me, and every weed I pluck incompletely comes back stronger...

I'm going to have to rig up my light mover and put the plants in two lines... I must keep fixing until broken!!

they always seem to grow like weeds
Aye laddie they're tough, and now stripped down for action.
I would prefer my girls to wear only diamonds.
"If you got the money Honey, I got the time"

But I also want them fast, so I looked up Colin Chapman who said:
"To add speed, add lightness." and "Any car which holds together for more than a race is too heavy."
In a month, these girls go a round with the grin reaper - that's me.
Only ideas have a shot at eternal life, only if shared.

A Lotus blossom however lovely, will certainly soon be but a memory.
I must keep fixing until broken!!
That's the spirit, 110%

Kinetic bombardment with a few (well, less than 25000, certainly) coordinated small-mass asteroids launched from the Oort cloud and accelerated to ~.8c would do the trick. Make for a real pretty night sky show, too. Properly set up by someone who didn't snooze all the way through Interstellar Physics 204, the collateral damage should be limited to a 2.2-mile radius around each and every chemical factory, political office/residence, hospital/doctor owned by HMOs - and the HMOs themselves - and Wal*Mart store on the planet.

And if the person charged with setting up the strike did goof and drop a zero somewhere in his calculations, well... Intelligent(sic) life did manage to crawl out of the oceans once. If it happens again, the resultant species ought to have a better absolute chance of getting it right - or at least of not getting it horribly wrong - than we as a species do right now.

Does it make me a :geek: if I understand what you mean? :hmmmm:

Mr Sun, you carry a load that I can hardly imagine. A full-time profession, a family, grow projects and a couple of threads. Probably more, but who's counting? I think that you should more often just catch a nice buzz, then go for a long ride. We all should.

I've never been bored for a minute my whole life.

Can't relate to or understand that emotion.

but yes, more sleep, and more long rides ;)

My next new project will be more mainstream: a SOG under T5s. No veg time rooted cuttings, to finish 18" @ 7 to 10g each (I hope). 16 of them in 4 sq feet. Yes, I know that LEDs would do better, but I have T5s

I'm *really* looking forward to seeing this one, *particularly* with your T5's.

Small personal medicine grows are and should be the main point of grow journals on 420Magazine, and I want to learn and share these.

I completely agree, and commend you on doing and sharing these kinds of grows.

Large commercial grows make the Masters of the Universe nervous. I don't want to piss them off, I want them destroyed. This can happen only through widespread non-violent civil disobediance and boycott, but I haven't a clue how to boycott DuPont or Monsanto. If everyone grows or knows someone who does, that's a start.

They will be destroyed.

One closet at a time.

:peace:

quite the display of ESS there, Mr. Gator, lol

I think this is one of the "myths" in the mythbusters thread, so I'm way interested to see how these naked ladies do.

like I said, you're doing a lot of cool stuff here, and I'm following very closely, even if I don't check in as often as I'd like to.

So glad you decided to journal ;).

The Fiskars did it! I asked for a light trim and got whacked. The fat budded, useless GWS got hit really hard.
I don't think she'll survive round 2. She will not be shading any PX buds :smokin:
000_1440.JPG

000_1442.JPG

Defoliation. If they want fan leaves, they'll grow more. Shaded buds don't develop,
and they won't be making seed to need those storehouses.
They don't need anymore roots, either. Everthing they need is served up pre-digested ;)
"A la carte minerals please, and a glass of water." :yummy:

IDK bro, remember how i was telling you for this method to work ur suppose to do this in veg, to it to work good, i really want to see how this works? i agree shadded buds dont produce shit, ive always had better yield from trimming when my plants were tall. but never went has hard core as u did, but its worked for tons of other people as ive showed u.:goodluck:

I've never been bored for a minute my whole life.

THAT'S good. Boredom is the gateway to hard drugs. That may be why, statistically, you see lower addiction rates in subjects that have a significantly lower IQ than the general population - those subjects do not seem to have the capacity for boredom that others do. (No, I'm NOT calling you stupid, lol.)

Yup, even if you missed the era of the slide rule for calculations.
I think a car-sized chunk of ice @.8 c = asteroid belt on Earths' orbit.
E= M(.8Csq)

Err... No. You're fudging a formula there. E=MC² defines the amount of energy contained within a given mass. There is no ".8c," because in that equation, c is a constant - not a variable. You don't want to maul Einstein's mass-energy equivalence equation because the objects would not be at rest. You're dealing with kinetic energy, but Newton's formula for kinetic energy, 1/2 mv², doesn't work at speeds approaching c. You'd need to use Einstein's formula for relativistic kinetic energy. Kind of hard to write out here.

E_k = γ m c² - mc² where γ is the Lorentz factor, 1 divided by the square root of (1 - v²/c²). Written out, it would be... Ugh, I'm not really in a "place" where I can think properly right now...

E_k = mc² ( (1 / √ (1 - v²/c²) ) -1)

Now, as you can plainly see, that's still a "shit-ton" of energy. Let's see, you mentioned an object having the mass of a car? A ~2200 pound car (because this stuff is easier using metrics - and because weight (pounds) changes but mass (kilograms) doesn't - so I'm going with a 1000 kg mass, lol) traveling at .8c. Hmm...

It's a lot.

You'll need to check my math (long day, heavy meds), but it looks like 59,917,011,915,787,842,666.666666667 joules. That's the equivilent (again check my math) of ~14,320.51 megatons of TNT.

But it's not enough to turn Terra into an asteroid field. Here are some events for the sake of comparison (some are estimated):

• Little Boy (Hiroshima) 13 kilotons
  • Fat Boy (Nagasaki) 20 kilotons
  • Tanguska Event (1908 comet impact in Tanguska, Russia) 10 megatons
  • Ivy Mike (1952 US first test of fusion device ("dirty," 77% from fast fusion)) 10.4-12 megatons
  • Castle Bravo (1954 first US dry-fuel thermonuclear hydrogen bomb test ("dirty," poisoned lots of innocent people) 15 megatons¹
  • One pound of antimatter exploding 19.2 megatons
  • Mount St. Helen (May 18, 1980) 24 megatons
  • Tsar Bomba (1961, Soviet, largest & most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated ("clean") 50 megatons²
  • Third eruption of Krakatoa (1883, "loudest sound since man evolved as a species" 150 megatons
  • Simultaneous explosion of all nuclear devices currently known to exist 10,000 megatons
  • 1970 Ford Pinto impacting at .8c 14,320.51 megatons
  • "Dinosaur-killer" (10-15 km asteroid impacting at "only" 20 kps) 100,000,000 megatons
  • Supernova 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons
Btw, I was thinking of something significantly smaller than something that had a mass equal to a car.

¹ Was supposed to be 4-6MT but the process was misunderstood (and so it was the most significant radiological contamination ever caused by the USA).
² The Tsar Bomba was actually a detuned 100 megaton device. It was detuned to reduce fallout, which was a success - it was one of the cleanest hydrogen bombs ever tested (yield for yield).

Whoops, I typed WAY more than I meant to. Sorry about that, Propa Gator! Guess I should have just typed that a c-fractional car wouldn't shatter the planet.

Referencing Colin Chapman in a Cannabis growing journal, is like using the word Czechoslovakia in a song.
Unexpected to say the least:welldone:
HAHAHAHAHA

THAT'S good. Boredom is the gateway to hard drugs. That may be why, statistically, you see lower addiction rates in subjects that have a significantly lower IQ than the general population - those subjects do not seem to have the capacity for boredom that others do. (No, I'm NOT calling you stupid, lol.)

Err... No. You're fudging a formula there. E=MC² defines the amount of energy contained within a given mass. There is no ".8c," because in that equation, c is a constant - not a variable. You don't want to maul Einstein's mass-energy equivalence equation because the objects would not be at rest. You're dealing with kinetic energy, but Newton's formula for kinetic energy, 1/2 mv², doesn't work at speeds approaching c. You'd need to use Einstein's formula for relativistic kinetic energy. Kind of hard to write out here.

E_k = γ m c² - mc² where γ is the Lorentz factor, 1 divided by the square root of (1 - v²/c²). Written out, it would be... Ugh, I'm not really in a "place" where I can think properly right now...

E_k = mc² ( (1 / √ (1 - v²/c²) ) -1)

Now, as you can plainly see, that's still a "shit-ton" of energy. Let's see, you mentioned an object having the mass of a car? A ~2200 pound car (because this stuff is easier using metrics - and because weight (pounds) changes but mass (kilograms) doesn't - so I'm going with a 1000 kg mass, lol) traveling at .8c. Hmm...

It's a lot.

You'll need to check my math (long day, heavy meds), but it looks like 59,917,011,915,787,842,666.666666667 joules. That's the equivilent (again check my math) of ~14,320.51 megatons of TNT.

But it's not enough to turn Terra into an asteroid field. Here are some events for the sake of comparison (some are estimated):

• Little Boy (Hiroshima) 13 kilotons
  • Fat Boy (Nagasaki) 20 kilotons
  • Tanguska Event (1908 comet impact in Tanguska, Russia) 10 megatons
  • Ivy Mike (1952 US first test of fusion device ("dirty," 77% from fast fusion)) 10.4-12 megatons
  • Castle Bravo (1954 first US dry-fuel thermonuclear hydrogen bomb test ("dirty," poisoned lots of innocent people) 15 megatons¹
  • One pound of antimatter exploding 19.2 megatons
  • Mount St. Helen (May 18, 1980) 24 megatons
  • Tsar Bomba (1961, Soviet, largest & most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated ("clean") 50 megatons²
  • Third eruption of Krakatoa (1883, "loudest sound since man evolved as a species" 150 megatons
  • Simultaneous explosion of all nuclear devices currently known to exist 10,000 megatons
  • 1970 Ford Pinto impacting at .8c 14,320.51 megatons
  • "Dinosaur-killer" (10-15 km asteroid impacting at "only" 20 kps) 100,000,000 megatons
  • Supernova 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megatons
Btw, I was thinking of something significantly smaller than something that had a mass equal to a car.

¹ Was supposed to be 4-6MT but the process was misunderstood (and so it was the most significant radiological contamination ever caused by the USA).
² The Tsar Bomba was actually a detuned 100 megaton device. It was detuned to reduce fallout, which was a success - it was one of the cleanest hydrogen bombs ever tested (yield for yield).

Whoops, I typed WAY more than I meant to. Sorry about that, Propa Gator! Guess I should have just typed that a c-fractional car wouldn't shatter the planet.

Well that is all well and good TS, but you missed the one very important aspect that is relevant here.

100 Megatons = 420 Peta Joules of energy. The Russians had to use the lead damper instead of the U-238 one because the fallout would have gotten the citizenry all STONED! ;)

Back
Top Bottom