Gator's Cage

I got this from Advanced Tech.

We Thank You again for Choosing Advanced Technology Solutions, LLC for your Lighting Needs.
(Please Note Extra Ignitor Packs will ship Separately, Tracking will be provided when Shipping

********** IMPORTANT NOTE ***********
2 Important Notes.
We have been working on a product for our Horti customers. that we are going to be going public with in the next weeks.
this product has never been mentioned to any of our customers before our recent decision to go public.
We will be offfering it to all past customers for a 50% off retail price (retail price is what the horti shops will sell it for
(who buy frin ys before before the public release
Keep watching our site for this new product it will be on the home page. aswell we will be creating a new page for it at
www.advancedtechlighting.com/fdcntrl.htm
We have some Horti Enthusiasts out there who have prompted us to do a test grow to show the results from cmh vs hps

Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide HPS-Retro White
VS
1,000 Watt HPS Lamp
Test Grow
we are about to do a test grow

1,000 Watt EYE Hortilux or other Customer Chosen Lamp

In a Single Reflector either one of these below (these are the best options we can figure) other Customer Chosen Reflector.

Sunlight Supply Cool Sun Reflector® - 6" Air-Cooled
Cool Sun Reflector® - 6" Air-Cooled - Sunlight Supply: Hydrogarden Wholesalers
or
Sunlight Supply Blockbuster˙ Reflector - 6 in. Air-Cooled
Blockbuster

Vs

800W CMH (2, Philips CDM400S51/HOR/4K/ALTO)

In two Sunlight Supply Super Sun® Reflector 4" Side Vented (one of our Top Favorite Reflector currently in Horti/Aqua Market)
Super Sun® Reflector - Sunlight Supply: Hydrogarden Wholesalers

Plants,
6 Large Cherry Tomatoes in each grow chamber, All Clones from a Single Mother to ensure Plants are uniform and should perform similar.

Recirculation Deep Water Culture / BIo Bucket System all plants tied to single reservoir (this will ensure the plants are in the same root environment etc, Temps, PH, PPM, Etc

Environment, 3 or 4 x 5 or 6 Hasn't been Determined exactly,

So what we are asking of you is Reply back with your opinions (lets try to stay within the given options unless you have a Far Better Product we should be considering. *(trying not to have Voting sessions. however we are trying to make sure all is fair in the test.
So lamp and reflector needs to be chosen for the 1kw side. This is the only variable in the test grow.
Please reply back with lamp and reflector, Main thoughts above.

Also Please Pass this email around and to the forums we are wanting as much input so no one can say we chose bad components.
Email back to us at ats800cmhvs1kwhps@advancedtechlighting.com
Follow the Test Grow @ Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide HPS-Retro White VS 1,000 Watt HPS Lamp Test Grow
Please Note Site page will be updated very shortly with the start of the test grow.. (im still making sure all else is good)
Email addy for test grow will be gone at the end of the test grow.

How will the results be viewed.
we will harvest the plants at end of life and weigh all plant mater including fruit then fruit alone and photo the fruit side by side to see if there is visible difference then we will do blind taste test. (as we feel cmh will provide more flavor and nutrients in the fruit as its full SPD)

hey Gator,

always a pleasure watching and read your grows. What's next?

i finnaly switched to 12/12 and lowered my scrog net to 10 inches and coverage is widespread. harvest should be round 12/28/10. i'll start the new year out right.

have a question for ya. besides the five scrog girls in the big room, i also have 4 in DWC. 2 girls and 2 boys. is it possible to stop males from forming
pollen/pollinating females?

i might experiment if there is a technique

MBS
9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

Philips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide HPS-Retro White
VS
1,000 Watt HPS Lamp
Test Grow
we are about to do a test grow
Yoiks! Have they been reading our journals?
I will ask them why the kilowatt whoredeluxe bulb; why not 400 v 400.
I have not one tiny turd of concern, which hood they hobble the bulbs with :smokin:
is it possible to stop males from forming
pollen/pollinating females?
You gonna be a farmer, you gotta learn to cull:
000_1495.JPG

Man, I'm feeling sketchier about ever seeing a bulb from them either.

To get the girls out of the tent, and fill in til I get a CMH, I can pick up a 400wMH at a box store, but it's 4000k. I think I remember something about 4000k being worthless on pot. Can't find anything??? Be for vegging... or just run the hps that came with the ballast?

:peace:

Knock yerself out Mr. Gator, these folks don't K.I.S.S. but they are entertaining, maybe they should enroll in the PropaG8rz School of Symplicity.:)

b

W.T.F.

Thats about all I can say after watching that. I can waste time like the best of them, or at least I thought.

:peace:

Marley

PropaG8rz School of Symplicity can't teach teach them a thing. :hmmmm:
The curtains opened, didn't they? Loved the inevitable checkmate!
This is how St Johns prepares young lords & ladies of the priviledged class,
to rule Britannia tomorrow. :cheer:
Polo mallets and violin bows, the alarm has rung: on with the show.

When growers, especially newbies set up complex systems to grow cannabis, I have to ignore it or feel empathetic pain. My own complexities disturb me, but there is generally nothing simple for sale to meet my need as I see it. I build and make do

When growers, especially newbies set up complex systems to grow cannabis, I have to ignore it or feel empathetic pain. My own complexities disturb me, but there is generally nothing simple for sale to meet my need as I see it. I build and make do

I am gradually simplifying, fighting my instinct to experiment every step of the way unless it means less complex. Of course, my yo yo violated that today... darn.

I started out as you say... and I can see how it pains experienced growers who want to save the guy screaming for help... but how do you save someone from themselves?

YES!!!! FLOWER POWER! YOU GOT IT GATOR!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! PUFF (CAUGH, CAUGH)OH BOY THAT HURRT. WHY AM I WRITTING IN ALL capitals. wow! my friends out door smels like Concord grapes. mmmmm. i think his soil indoor of the same is better. maybe better regulated as we all are from time to time.

thanks for stopin by GAtor i'm affected can you tell? wow oh yeah! sorry just feelin craaazy.

MBS

9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

Nice work there, G-man! Some right sticky-icky. Pineapple is my favorite fruit, too. :bravo:

(my favorite flowers are orchids)

Knock yerself out Mr. Gator, these folks don't K.I.S.S. but they are entertaining, maybe they should enroll in the PropaG8rz School of Symplicity.:)

Baynham & Tyers || The Contraption II

One o' my lights used to have an old capacitor that started up pretty much the same way. ;)

Not to be a Rube, but wha' inna hell kinda contrapshun iz thayut?

Some folks have waaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. I see some of the inspiration from that came from several empty bottles of wine, also...a lubrication of the lucubration involved in the R&D, if you will...

There must've been at least one Asian in that household, too - thought I spied a bottle of Ribena on the counter. :hmmmm:

There might not be much electricity involved, but you could still say it kinda runs on blackcurrant.

...A poly(technic) phenol(menon)? :grinjoint:

(I may like to think that there are layers to what I do sometimes, but others might simply say I just like to pile it on. ;) )

I am gradually simplifying, fighting my instinct to experiment every step of the way unless it means less complex.

Don't fight it! Taoists always go with the flow, keeps one from getting tired. Just make the flow work for you. Give in to the Dark Side, OB-1! :adore:

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out what to do with a 2' x 3.5' space and thought I might be able to squeeze in six plants with 2 Vert 250W but it sounds like that would be too tight.

Never try to squeeze a 2 pound salami into a 1 pound bag.

Those girls'll thank you for it. :)

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out what to do with a 2' x 3.5' space and thought I might be able to squeeze in six plants with 2 Vert 250W but it sounds like that would be too tight.

Have you given any thought to hanging one light 3-4 feet above the other and putting in another set of plants 3-4 feet off the floor? Doing a strata thing seems to be one of the advantages of vertical.

I love your yo-yo, OB-1. Especially the wire that deals with the cord :Rasta:
how do you save someone from themselves?
If you save a drowning man's life today,
are you responsible for atrocities he may commit tomorrow? :hmmmm:
Probably not, but...

SS, I too share a desire to set up an auto system but not to lose yield.
Especially if I must spend cash money on gear :)

Pineapple is my favorite fruit
Sticky, stanky goo weed. :yummy:
There's probably as good or better somewhere
but I'll be happy with PX till I find it

Have you given any thought to hanging one light 3-4 feet above the other and putting in another set of plants 3-4 feet off the floor? Doing a strata thing seems to be one of the advantages of vertical.
His space is a closet. Ventilation is a problem. Two stacked bulbs is too much.
Yes, overhead requirements are reduced, but pots or plumbing can get jumboed.
With a first grow, KISS. With nugs cured to smoke, radical planning is easier ;)

The company sells the "auto-valve" from that system for about $20, and some growers just buy that and use it in a tray to set up their own gravity fed system.

All you have to do is weigh it down with something so that it sits securely at the bottom of the tray. Easy peasy.

The "lower yields" isn't something that I'm sure is universal and factual with this system, just a couple of grower's opinions, so you know how that goes ;).

Most report being very happy with them, but you have to work to find marijuana-associated data.

I'm curious, assuming there was a drop in yield, what percentage of loss would you consider an acceptable trade-off for not having to fertigate outside of filling the reservoir every couple of weeks or so?

What's Mr. Gator's price? ;)

I'm still thinking about my answer.

What's Mr. Gator's price?
For you and everyone SS, this question involves different variables. For me, a sideways glance shows reality.
One block from my res is a bodega. Three years ago in boom times, the family started taking Sundays off: not opening. Two months ago, they gave up their day-off. For them, an increase of business is priority. I too have but one income source. If I had capital to set up a big grow, sparcer but reliable and turnkey production could be very desirable. One or less hour daily to mix & pump fertigation is acceptable to me, but I can't not be here everyday.

I wish I had a wife who didn't hate me,
and a dog to guard an open tent from my cat
I wish I was sixteen again, but not to re-learn all that
I made choices years ago, I've had my turns at bat
My dreams now pursued vicariously:
Video games, novels, and internet :peace:

Back
Top Bottom