Gator's Cage

Thanks PG.

It wasn't a value judgment question, just curiosity.

I'm gettin' old and tired, and hauling water around isn't as easy anymore, lol

It's relative.

I guess my answer is that my price is on a sliding scale.

the older and tireder I get, the lower my price becomes, lol

Top reflection

PG,
Judging by your description of the geometry resons for going vert I saw in SS journal I assume you already have thought this out; but the idea just popped in my head so I figured I would share it.
Vert_top_reflector_design.jpg

you could experament with carboard and a reflective film. to tweak the geometry just right then build some nice ones out of sheet metal.

I see myself wanting to try a tall vert grow with a 2 cmh's stacked on up the center with a reflector like this. Would be very fun to try.

I just ran across 44 surplus industrial 400 watt MH fixtures for $10 each and was thinking of doing a couple of 2 bulb gator cages. My question is what diameter to make the cage?
To be most satisfied with a vert grow, one must set it up with a final size in mind. Then hit the mark(s). This chart is helpful for relative radiance, but the specific numbers of lumens are useless.
light_radials.jpg

I use a 40" tent with my 400w CMH. IMO, this could be good with 400w MH, but a little smaller would also be OK. Inner clearance would be about 10" off the bulb.

Top reflection
Yes, I've thought of your configuration and love your drawing; perfect!
Sloth has kept me from making this useful device. Agreed that mylar covered cardboard would work, and 'come in' under budget ;)
I've often dreamed of, and spoken of stacked bulbs for more vertical coverage. Then I think about veg time. My bottom line is 'no plant-count' limiters under 99, and think that two bulbs = two short-veg grows. Time is money.
The cage-grow you've shown here CanaHealer, was 16 plants in a 30" box. I like to stretch rules with exagerations to learn. The yield of that grow was slightly less than I recently pulled from four plants in the same box, but with a better bulb. A 'push' on a Blackjack table :)

Re: Gators' Cage

McGyver in the ghetto equals Gator on call
Status ain't nothin but a high place to fall
Sixteen scented cuties tied up on the wall
Periodic deluge is their bath, food and all

Make the wind blow sweet till their lives are complete
Artful fans and ducts demand a job wrapped neat
This time of year I need to beat the heat
And filter out the stink to a nose on the street

One of your best poems that I've seen:welldone:

A parabola is definately the right shape, but difficult to fabricate with cardboard.
I'm a bit rusty on the math, but this needs doing so I'll brush up. Wiki ;)
Also, I need an automatic butt kicker to harrass my procrastinating ass.

I don't fear localized heat while the inside fan roils everything up.
I can get all the cold air I need through a window till May.
That's when HIDs get a break, and LEDs debut in my garden. Or I move :)

Or you could hang two bulbs
PX stays short enough to be happy with one bulb, but...
I've seven new strains to try. They've been topped, and soon will yield cuttings.
One or more will grow bigger, to grow tall in big buckets. I plan a vert room.

Pet Flora and big john, that piece is one of my faves too.
Thanks for the reprint, and the compliments.
I'm usually just trying to say something, and jazz it up for style :thanks:

To be most satisfied with a vert grow, one must set it up with a final size in mind. Then hit the mark(s). This chart is helpful for relative radiance, but the specific numbers of lumens are useless.

I use a 40" tent with my 400w CMH. IMO, this could be good with 400w MH, but a little smaller would also be OK. Inner clearance would be about 10" off the bulb.

:thanks: Propa Gator I found a nice remote location how does six two bulb gator cages all automated sound.

+reps:ganjamon:

Can we get a bong to go with that bling?!

Damn thats some propa, Gator.

Back
Top Bottom