GDP Leaf Problem - 2 Pics

You have serious ph problems. Then you hit with flush what was the ph of the flush if your plant was in low 5's and you hit it with 7.0. You shocked them and the ph problem has caused a nutrient lock out that caused a nitrogen run away. Now your nitrogen Toxic. Also it's compounded by not enough light as is to stretched out. Never use both ph up and down in the same batch of water if you miss the ph with down then start over.

Looking at my GDP this morning I was surprised to see almost all of the trichomes are cloudy (like 95%) but I do not see any amber at all ..... I just feed her 3 days ago as I figured harvest was a couple weeks out yet. I am 2 days short of 7 weeks in flower. This is the one that I had the problems with a few weeks ago. Suggestions please...and....thank you.

Looking at my GDP this morning I was surprised to see almost all of the trichomes are cloudy (like 95%) but I do not see any amber at all ..... I just feed her 3 days ago as I figured harvest was a couple weeks out yet. I am 2 days short of 7 weeks in flower. This is the one that I had the problems with a few weeks ago. Suggestions please...and....thank you.

patience... she will let you know. weeks in flower mean very little at this point, considering that she was sitting there stunned and confused for at least a couple of those weeks. Watch for your buds to almost double in size in that last two weeks... watch also for your pistils at the very top to turn color and fold back... as long as you see white/yellow pistils at the top, she is still trying to flower. And then, keep watching those trichomes... 5% amber is the magic spot. You could pull her right now with all cloudy, but the high would not be all that she is capable of. Patience... her time is coming soon.

patience... she will let you know. weeks in flower mean very little at this point, considering that she was sitting there stunned and confused for at least a couple of those weeks. Watch for your buds to almost double in size in that last two weeks... watch also for your pistils at the very top to turn color and fold back... as long as you see white/yellow pistils at the top, she is still trying to flower. And then, keep watching those trichomes... 5% amber is the magic spot. You could pull her right now with all cloudy, but the high would not be all that she is capable of. Patience... her time is coming soon.
Thank you Emilya, that is what i needed.
I will follow up with a picture in a few minutes.

Here she is.
GDPF1.jpg
GDPF2.jpg
GDPF3.jpg

Updated pics - 6 days later. Still no amber but very little clear left, everything is at the milky stage. The buds are getting a little chubbier but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them get a ~lil bigger (I know, now I'm getting greedy :)
I had to run a vent to an outside window to control the humidity. It is down from 55-60% to 30-35%. Right now I'm at 35% and 80 degrees. Somewhere I read that the last couple days you should try to get the humidity down as low as possible so now I am in a position to do just that if I need to.
4GPD.jpg
3GPD.jpg
1GPD.jpg
2GDP.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Updated pics - 6 days later. Still no amber but very little clear left, everything is at the milky stage. The buds are getting a little chubbier but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them get a ~lil bigger (I know, now I'm getting greedy :)
I had to run a vent to an outside window to control the humidity. It is down from 55-60% to 30-35%. Right now I'm at 35% and 80 degrees. Somewhere I read that the last couple days you should try to get the humidity down as low as possible so now I am in a position to do just that if I need to.

Thanks for looking.

I am very pleased to see her making you proud!

Good morning to all. I checked the trichomes on the GDP before I even had coffee this morning.....I'm sooooo close. I am seeing some amber on the trichomes off a calyx, I don't think I would say they are 5%, but that seems like it would be pretty hard to determine exactly. Here are some pics from this morning, naturally I wish I could show you the trichomes but that'll have to wait for another grow. Yesterday when I checked there was no amber so I went ahead and fed them....now I am wondering if that was bad timing. Here are the pics, please tell me what you think.

g610.jpg
g510.jpg
g413.jpg
g315.jpg
g217.jpg
g120.jpg

When exactly did you switch to 12/12? These plants do not look like they are in the 5th week of flower at all... and because of that you still have plenty of time to give them nutes.

Then, since you have opened up a can of worms and I will give my 2c. I do not believe in withholding nutes at the end... and I think it is counterproductive to say the least, to not give nutes during the last two weeks of flower, when buds typically double in size and triple in weight. Logic tells me that this is when they need the most nutes, not a starvation diet.

Then consider what happens with us organic growers. I never give nutes, but then again, the organic nutes that are in my soil never go away either, and I could not flush them out of there if I wanted to. And, weigh in along with that consideration, that they say that organic grows end up with the most natural flavors and best potency of any other method. hmmm... could it be the full time nutes?

When I used commercial soils and synthetic nutes, I would still nute right up to the end... and only when I saw the first amber trichomes and knew that harvest was within one wet/dry cycle, that is when I flushed and then went with just water after that if I actually needed to water one more time. Over time I got much better at picking this end time, and usually I only flush as a final watering at the end, and harvest at the point that they would need to be watered again.
Emilya, do you think I should flush her seems how how I just fed her just yesterday?

is it me :jawdropper: or does the mother plant look like theres buds on the plant should be normal veg ?? i must be seeing things you need to flush everything there!!! even mother plant. for sure root lock a good flush and feed half strength feeding you'll be good

do you feel like you will be harvesting her when she dries out this next time? If so, yes. If you are still not sure, I say continue on and plan on flushing as your plain watering next time.

Now that is the 64 million dollar question. I don't have enough experience to know how fast the trichomes will change once they start. If it is a slow gradual process I'll be OK for awhile, on the other hand... if they turn fast I'd rather not get caught unprepared.

Thank you for the reply:thumb:

Now that is the 64 million dollar question. I don't have enough experience to know how fast the trichomes will change once they start. If it is a slow gradual process I'll be OK for awhile, on the other hand... if they turn fast I'd rather not get caught unprepared.

Thank you for the reply:thumb:

Once they start turning, it is usually pretty fast after that. Keep in mind too that the trichomes continue to mature all the way through drying and really dont stabilize until sometime during the curing process. I would bet that you are closer to the end than you think you are.

I just gave her a final flush so will see what tomorrow brings, but if she's ready, so am I:thumb:
Tomorrow she will be 19 weeks since sprouting, and 8 weeks of 12/12.
Flush22.jpg

I was able to put it off for another 2 days but decided to give myself a ~lil B-Day present and whacked her this morning. I mentioned earlier that I'd be happy if I could roll one big fat one when it was all in and done, so you know I am extremely happy with how much she gave up.
I gave her the bud wash treatment and hung by the shower with care :)
It is drying in a separate bathroom with a small space heater to keep it at 70F, lights off, and I will try to keep the humidity between 45-55%.
So here is a big thank you to everyone who helped me get her back on track, and a special thanks to Emilya who went the extra mile with me.
ChopDay.jpg

I was able to put it off for another 2 days but decided to give myself a ~lil B-Day present and whacked her this morning. I mentioned earlier that I'd be happy if I could roll one big fat one when it was all in and done, so you know I am extremely happy with how much she gave up.
I gave her the bud wash treatment and hung by the shower with care :)
It is drying in a separate bathroom with a small space heater to keep it at 70F, lights off, and I will try to keep the humidity between 45-55%.

So here is a big thank you to everyone who helped me get her back on track, and a special thanks to Emilya who went the extra mile with me.
ChopDay.jpg

Nice job its good to see things work out for you now what are you going to grow next lol

Nice job its good to see things work out for you now what are you going to grow next lol

I have a PainKiller-Xl that has a week or two to go and a Blue Blood in flower that's coming along nicely.

Then there is a Durga Mata ll CBD and a GDP clone, both have been in flower a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom