Germinating?

AndyOakie

420 Member
having a little issue germinating my morpheus seeds i received from friend, doing the cup of water method and after they crack i put them into peat pods. any advice...
air temp about 85-89
humidity-56%
and keeping them moist is key ik... its day 2 in the pods and still no sprout of any kind:lot-o-toke:

Re: Germinating?!

mine have taken a few days to show in soil, 3-4 sometimes depending on how big the taproot got.

It also depends on how deep you planted in under the soil, the seeds going to be working on getting that root down as an anchor to push it self up and out. Its only 2 days I wouldnt worry yet also avoid digging around to check and look at it you could break the root and kill it.

Re: Germinating?!

Hi AndyOakie,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community.

Just to ensure I'm understanding correctly; your seeds did sprout in the water but once transplanted have not emerged from the peat pods?

If that is correct, you might double checks the temps. I've had the same issue in the past and resolved it by getting a heating mat. I've experienced very few non-sprouting seeds since it's addition. Seems my daytime/ambient temperatures were fine, but the moist soil was slower to warm up during the day and was overall just a little too cool to allow for consistant sprouting.

Be well and happy growing!

What he said ^^ did you see the tap root before planting into your peat pods? I use the water then paper towel method to ensure a decent root emerges befor planting root down in root riot cubes (similar to peat pods I think )

image418.png

100% success rate this way

My tap roots were just poking thru the cracked shell when i put them into the Pods, not any bigger than a .25" temps in the tent are consistent keeping warm with HID lighting but going to switch to CFL for new sprouts until veg stage is underway..
Thanks to Cdog,Tanr, and welshpony, will update in few days with pics

i also put in .3 milliliters of General ponics bio-thrive grow nutes when i watered in the seeds, ive read if its well diluted and an accurate dosage for seedlings it helps the over all young rooting? any ideas comments?

I'm fairly new to this but I didn't add a thing until I repotted from the image I sent in the root riot cubes into there bigger pots then with the first and every other watering I added take root, root growth inhancer (Dutch pro brand but there's alternatives in every brand )
I used this until the end of week 3 seemed to work a treat ! Check out my grow for progress shots week by week

Hopefully it won't cause any issues for you AndyO, but I think the general consensus is that nutrients should be avoided until the plants are pretty firmly established. Most recommendations are nothing until plant has grown to 3 or 4 nodes.

I agree with TanR hold off on nutes a bit from the start it can do more damage than good if not done carefully. Some stuff made to help roots can be beneficial but id hold off in the first few grows

Back
Top Bottom