Germination question

Nuke Em High

Hello all. I have a question on color and size of seeds. I recently received 5 Automazar that I had soaked for 20 hours in room temp water and now have them sitting in paper towel. The smallest one has the smallest split and I can see a bit of white showing through the crack. Temperatures have been between 70 and 85 and they have been sitting in my tent over a heat mat that I picked up on day 3. In the beginning they were a light color and have now turned almost black after introducing them to the heat mat. I'm concerned these seeds are possibly immature and may just require more time. I have attached a picture of what the seeds looked like before and after.

I believe the darkening is because they’ve absorbed moisture. I wouldn’t sweat it. Both pictures looks like perfect specimens of seed. If you have cracked seed with white showing, plant them crack down (there’s a little flat side that you want to point straight up). I don’t personally bury them, I leave the flat side showing. That way I can see growth before they stand up and pop their shells.

Cracking seeds in water is outdated mate. By puting them in a paper towel you're damaging the roots too. Only a little but I promise you you are.
Root riots are the best way to start them. They come in the packet wet enough so that all you need to do is put the seed in and leave them anywhere that isn't cold.
Light, dark doesn't matter. 15*c and they'll pop after a couple days.
No water, no nutes, no ph'ing anything or trying not to damage anything. Just put the seed in and they work every time. £5 for 24 and a well worth it investment.

Picked these up at the local hydroponics store. The guy at the counter suggested adding kelp to the water to moisten the plugs a bit, what is your guys take on this? For now they're just sitting in a ph of 7.0 dampened plug and at a temp of 77 with a dome over them. Will be continuing my progress in my grow journal once I get that set up. Thanks all for the help!

Back
Top Bottom