Gigabane's Journal - 1st Ever Grow

ok its been a while since i last updated but here we go my 2 girls ;)
GEDC00921.JPG
this is the main cola for my natural plant. Think even i can tell this is female =/
GEDC00931.JPG
she is bending over under her own weight, this helps prop her up
GEDC0094.JPG
just a few more random pics for your enjoyment =)
GEDC0095.JPG
GEDC0096.JPG
GEDC0097.JPG

GEDC0098.JPG

Hey Gigabane, it's been a while! :) Your plants look good - albeit pretty stretched (I guess they're sativa dominants as well).

Taking clones during flowering puts a lot of stress on the clones, so don't expect full success and take shoots from as far down as you can (i.e. where there is more rooting hormone present). I would take clones that look at least like this:

IMG_23863.JPG

It's a bit on the small side, but you basically want two nodes with leaves and a long enough stem to bury in whatever medium you use.

I also "cheated" (read: maximised my chance of success) by dipping the scarified (i.e. scraped off the outer layer on the bottom 2cm of the stem to increase the rooting surface) stems into rooting hormone and then placing the clones into an aeroponic cloner. :)

Good luck, mate!

sounds good, ill definatly be getting rooting powder and ill take all the bottom stems. ill try that scarrification on a few of them to compare results.

im not gonna complain about them being sativa biased =D
plus a lot of the streching will be from the fact im only using an ultra low energy, 60 watts total for lighting, and 1 of my bulbs is blow so only 40 watts atm.

think mine will definatly be one of the cheapest indoor grows on the site ;)

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom