Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

I believe you can make a plant produce more thc, but not higher thc %.

If your plant produces more THC doesn't it follow that the THC percentage is higher? That's what the THC measurement is, right? A percentage of THC relative to the other volatiles. If it produces more then the tested percentage will be higher. Are you high or am I, Slowpuffer? :)

There is a device to test thc levels we can buy. And it uploads the info to a strain review website thing. I believe it cost about 600

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

You can test THC using thin layer chromatography (TLC) for very cheap. Search THC TLC test kit. It's $100.
Or you can buy the SRI420c Gas chromatograph. I use an older SRI8610c for my work. The 420 is a scaled down, 1 column version with a built in hydrogen generator. Only $5000. You could easily make a lot of money running one for local dispensary's.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not disputing your word, but I been at this for awhile and looks to me like I would have heard of this before now. I don't believe any amount of light is going to make a change in thc %. I believe you can make a plant produce more thc, but not higher thc %. And are you saying that the sun is not good enough light ? I certainly wish I had a way to check thc %s. This would be a great test for someone . And would have to be done using all clones, as there's no two seeds alike. I'm going to feed my ladies and sing to them, so maybe they give me more thc !!:morenutes:

Actually Xobe is correct. There is a direct correlation between the quality of light (PAR spectrum) and the amount (Photon density or PPFD) of light. It's not much but John Burfalo (YouTube) actually tests this comparing LED to HPS to CMH and then tests all 3 samples on a GC. It's only a 1-2% difference (CMH won) but there is an effect. Obviously this doesn't rule out other variables during the Grow.
But, good lighting, nutrients and breeding selections are most likely responsible for the high quality strains we have today compared to strains of the 1930's-60's.

I just want to say i pulled this info from google basically its more in detail of what i was saying in my previous post.

What increases THC levels and overall potency?

These are the most important factors that will affect your THC levels and overall marijuana potency:

Strain & Plant Genetics
Harvest Time
Plant Health & Care
Light Levels
Curing Process

Your plant genetics set the "upper limit" of how much THC and other cannabinoids your plant will ever be able to produce. Although you can use grow methods to maximize the THC within that limit, you will never be able to overcome the limits set by your strain and plant genetics.

So as a really rough example, let's say your strain/plant genetics can only produce 15% THC at most. That means you may get less than 15% THC in your buds if you don't grow the plant right, but no matter what you do you'll never be able to increase it above 15%.

The drier the sample, the higher it will test for THC and other cannabinoids. Labs test for the level of cannabinoids found in a given sample of bud. My understanding is that the sample size is usually 1 gram. A freshly harvested gram is going to contain much more water than a 1 gram bud that is very dry. Water does not contain cannabinoids so the higher the moisture content of the test sample, the lower the THC or other cannabinoids in the test results.

This is a bit tricky to explain, but think about it this way. With a wet sample say 50% water the lab essentially be testing ½ gram of bud and ½ gram of water. The dry sample contains much less water, therefore more of the gram is bud and bud is filled with cannabinoids. This is the same reason that extracts test so highly for THC. Not only has the water been removed, but also most of the plant material that doesn't contain the cannabinoids. This leaves you a sample of mostly trichomes or their oils like is found in bubble hash or kief or hash oil. It's pretty obvious that you're one gram sample of hash is going to test at higher levels of cannabinoids than bud. The same is true of dry bud versus wet bud.

Check this link out for 5 easy ways to increase THC.

5 Brilliant Ways to Increase THC – Growing Marijuana at Home

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

it takes a quantity and quality of light as well as its more then just the light , it takes all angles to bump up the essential oils and amount of thc / trichomes it takes a well run garden with good use of nutrients and supplements.

A trichome covered sticky Bud has a good chance of having high THC levels

look into it I don't want promote anyone product as it seems near every nutrient company has a secret elixir of one type or another.

Youtube has posters with 30% THC results for others to learn from

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

So to add to my previous post.

I will state again that many home grows are never grown to the Max THC or CBD levels of what the plant strain could achieve as it is based upon many factors.

Slowpuffer is also correct about you can never go above what the strain genetics has within in the plant, but i an willing to bet 80% of the people in here never reach the plants potential based upon the way they grow and harvest and cure.

2 seeds are not a like and that is true so u may get 15% on one and 18% on the other grown in same conditions maybe the max is 20% but again u may never achieve this with every seed.

Now clones would be best as long as you had the plant tested before cloning it, hard to do if you gotta bud it first right, so harvest and then test and pray you get a good amount of THC and hope to grow good again or clone it first then of course bud the main plant and test and see if its worth while to keep the clones.

Again optimal grow means many factors need to be the best of best and that includes lighting, medium, nutes and much more.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Actually Xobe is correct. There is a direct correlation between the quality of light (PAR spectrum) and the amount (Photon density or PPFD) of light. It's not much but John Burfalo (YouTube) actually tests this comparing LED to HPS to CMH and then tests all 3 samples on a GC. It's only a 1-2% difference (CMH won) but there is an effect. Obviously this doesn't rule out other variables during the Grow.
But, good lighting, nutrients and breeding selections are most likely responsible for the high quality strains we have today compared to strains of the 1930's-60's.

(High brix and UVB light is the key for bigger and numerous trichomes! :love: :Namaste:)

Basically I got here later.

Damn I should read the thread backwards :)

Fanleaf is right! :thumb:

Good Show..wouldn't 80% be in need nice. Sounds like a dream.
1male x 1female = 10,000 seeds man . I'll be praying for ya "ha

Sent from my 5017A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I believe that to. I also believe that if they used the lighting and nute we have today back in the 60's then those same plants would have tested higher though. And as for the max a strain can produce that is not set in stone either. That is the max amount of thc that they have been able to make that strain produce. However those maxes can change with the developments of nutrients and lighting. Those numbers are the max we were ever able to produce with the technology we have available today. Who knows.....one day scientist could come up with some super formula that will allow strains to produce even more. The skys the limit and records have been broken more and more

I believe that to. I also believe that if they used the lighting and nute we have today back in the 60's then those same plants would have tested higher though. And as for the max a strain can produce that is not set in stone either. That is the max amount of thc that they have been able to make that strain produce. However those maxes can change with the developments of nutrients and lighting. Those numbers are the max we were ever able to produce with the technology we have available today. Who knows.....one day scientist could come up with some super formula that will allow strains to produce even more. The skys the limit and records have been broken more and more

I say you need good shit to grow good shit! Conserve and reuse! Thousand of times.

Hemp is a Herbaceous perennial a member of the Cannabaceae family along with Hops and Hackberries. there are around 170 species grouped into 11 genera. Hops are dioecious (male and female). Female plant produces flowers for use in beer/medical. Hops are not on a schedule one list and have been studied extensively for decades. Percentage (%) of chemical compounds have successfully been manipulated (increased and decreased) throughout the growing cycle to the desired level for optimum quality. So, why cant I through proper research obtain the same results with Cannabis?

420-magazine-mobile449770505.jpg

John B is great at testing facts and fiction. I enjoy watching his videos.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As more States get off their duffs and legalize, I can see a 'Grower's Exchange' becoming quite popular. In fact I can see it's cultivation being offered as a class someday. There is so much that goes into a healthy grow...plenty of material for a semester...or even 2 if you get into seed production and breeding.

I have never taken a dime for my produce, or my clones..well, maybe a bit of the harvest, but no more than a taste. That said, Im hoping there will be a place in the industry for me when the body cant keep with my profession. I repair commercial laundry equipment, and it takes its toll. :)

Some of the local shops have offered growing classes. I don't think anyone is still doing it. I tried to go but they couldn't seem to pull it together.
The growers at the shops are always ready to help with issues as well.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Some of the local shops have offered growing classes. I don't think anyone is still doing it. I tried to go but they couldn't seem to pull it together.
The growers at the shops are always ready to help with issues as well.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Oh they provide classes but probably insist on their products in store to promote sales at the same time lol

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If your plant produces more THC doesn't it follow that the THC percentage is higher? That's what the THC measurement is, right? A percentage of THC relative to the other volatiles. If it produces more then the tested percentage will be higher. Are you high or am I, Slowpuffer? :)
Ryder509, I hope you're high, and I know I am !! So you think if a plant produces more bud, somehow the thc % is gonna be higher, than a plant that produces 1/2 that amount. I don't think it's us being high, I think your stuff must be more potent ??

Back
Top Bottom