Giovanni831 — Aeroponic / CFL Constant Grows

Gio...How tall are they when you're putting them into flower?

Hash, this round was at about 16-18in when I put them into flower. The taller ones are at 28+ inches. The plant only gets up to 32 inches in prime conditions, so I think that I did okay on these ones.

Nice looking plants!
Those girls 50 days into flowering look awesome and defently some resin/thc bulding up,haha...great job,

Thank you sir. I am just happy that they all seem to get better and better every grow, so I am obviously learning.

I am still trying to find a better way to dry right now, as I think that it is the drying method that is effing up my taste and harshness. I was using a rubbermaid tub with a low power laptop cooler in it for circulation. I am thinking that I will build a little 2'w x 2'd x 6'h closet out of pvc and b&w poly film. That way there is more room for the humidity to dissipate into. Plus swap out the fan for a small pc fan to exhaust air. That is about as close to a closet as I can get. All of the closets in the house are used frequently or in kids rooms. I dont think drying in the kids closet is a good idea. I could hear the call from the school now =).

Re: Giovanni831 – Aeroponic / CFL Constant Grows

How much stretch are you getting when you move into flower? I got zero stretch with this first run but they were sick and full of bugs. I may start vegging longer if I don't get my desired results on the second batch.

How much stretch are you getting when you move into flower? I got zero stretch with this first run but they were sick and full of bugs. I may start vegging longer if I don't get my desired results on the second batch.

Im not too sure what you are referring to as "stretch" in this instance. Im not sure if you mean overall height or internode spacing. If it is the standard height often referred to as such, they just mean the difference in height from veg to flower. A majority of this growth occurs in the first 2wks of flower. Then in will taper off to slow upward growth, usually just the height of the buds stacking up which usually gives you a few to several more inches over weeks 3-finish.

Like I said though, after the first two weeks of flower, you wont get much growth upward out of them. This particular strain is supposed to achieve 32inches in optimal conditions, so I am not too dissatisfied with 28inches.

How long are you vegging for currently? You shouldnt NEED more than 3-6 weeks depending on strain. Ususally it is about a month of veg. They dont have to be huge to flower. Only about a foot tall, and after that it doesnt matter. Also, another important thing to consider is the other variables of your grow. You need to look at PPM or EC, PH of water, nutes, supplements, growing media, light intensity, light color, relative humidity, temps, etc.

I am in the reply screen so I cant see if there is a link to a current grow for you that I can take a look at, but I will check it out when i post this. I will try to take a look and see what you have going on. Im not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but I think that pests will be easier to get rid of than mold or mildews. I had one set of plants that grew mold, and unknowingly, I cut clones from it, that were also infected with mold spores. It was a pain in the ass to refine the plants back to healthy as well as sanitize my grow room. I think that I have gotten in in check now though. I changed strains, and got rid of all the BS associated with the first strain that I had. The last group of them is finishing now. I have been very vigilant about spraying them with a natural organic pesticide, an fungicide regularly to control the mold and attempt to clean the plants over time. I am not sure that I can refine them back to clean and healthy so that is why i abandoned that strain.

The problem with molds is as such....

When you actually SEE the mold, its too late to try to fix it. It is systemically in the plant now. That means that any cuttings that you take will also have it in them. I have been told that with proper control and precautionary measures, you can clean them over the course of a few generations of clones. I am not sure if that info is accurate as it pertains to cannabis. I only know what I have been told about plant biology in general. There is a huge ag community here in the central coast. I leaned on some acquaintances for information. Additionally, I did hazmat cleanup for a few years and they taught about mold/fungus, and bacteria, so I am drawing on some of that knowledge as well.

I have been using the SNS (Sierra Natural Sciences) insecticide, and fungicide on them weekly up til about 2 weeks from finish. The product is designed to work on contact, as well as let some of the product be absorbed systemically into the plant to make them more resistant to mold. So my thought is that over time it was able to slowly eliminate it.

It seems to have been working as my first harvest of these was packed with mold and non usable, the second harvest had a very small amount and was isolated to a few small portions of the bigger colas, which was probably from oversights more so than systemic mold and fungus. This last grow, has had no visible mold or other issues of that nature in its life so far. So I think that I may have fixed it over time

By stretch I meant how much vertical growth are you seeing from the time you put them into flower until they finished. 28" - 16" = 12" of stretch

Yeah, that is what I figured, and based my answer on. You should see a significant growth between veg/flower with the rare exception of the auto flower strains, but again, I have no experience with those. For the most part, you should be looking for the height to double, unless you veg them for so long that they have already hit their genetic potential as far as height goes.

if you are having pest and or mold issues, consider sulfur evaporation. I think that you had asked me about it before, but it may have been someone else. I have recently undertaken the chore of a good DIY sulfur burner. I have been successful in locating various parts and will order them when cash allows.

For right now I am using a wax warmer that my chick had for leg wax. It seems to work pretty well. You can also use an old coffee pot too. You only need a few minutes a few times a week.

From what I have read, you cut off all of your ventilation, during night cycle. Fire up the sulfur burner and let it smoke for a few minutes. Then wait for it to dissapate, fire up your ventilation, and go to bed =).

I can say that since using it, I havent seen any issues. It also killed the ants that were in the garage too. I will accept that as evidence that it actually works.

Re: Giovanni831 – Aeroponic / CFL Constant Grows

No mold issues here just mites. They should all be dead though. My ventilation runs continuous and the heater kicks on during the night cycle.

I just wanted to see the DIY out of curiosity and in the event I ever needed a sulfur burner.

No mold issues here just mites. They should all be dead though. My ventilation runs continuous and the heater kicks on during the night cycle.

I just wanted to see the DIY out of curiosity and in the event I ever needed a sulfur burner.

For sure. When I get around to building it, I will post a tut for sure. Until then, if you get in a pinch you can use the wax warmer or coffee pot as I have said. Also the SNS spidermite spray is pretty cheap and uses mostly rosemary oil i think. If you go on their website, they are giving free samples to anyone that asks for them. They mailed me a bottle of each of their 3 products for free for samples. The fungicide and spidermite ones were in the RTU I think 6oz spray bottle. The pesticide drench that they sent me was about 20 oz of concentrate. You only use 2oz/gallon, so I thought that was pretty cool that they maild a full sized bottle. I havent used that one on the plants yet though. Havent had a need for it. I did mix up a gallon of it and lightly misted my garage, and outside the garage with it. I dont ANY forms of life in there except plant and myself that I am aware of =).

Let me guess????

The big bottle is SNS203 Right? They sent you about $40 worth of sample!

Great heads up brother:thumb:

That would be correct sir. I thought that it was pretty cool for them to hook it up like that. I am pretty happy with their products.

Haha...I just bought a bottle of the 203 for a slight case of thrips. As soon as I cut my two oldest down I will treat the remaining girls with the spray. I have heard nothing but good about SNS, but I'm a lil paranoid about spraying the flowering girls. Did you request the samples through email??? I wouldn't mind having a few thing stocked up in the arsenal for the future.

I also hit up my hydro store for samples, last couple times I got rooting gel, moab, and roots organics.

:peace:

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have been sick and really busy. Building a few websites to pull a little money together for my grow.

Yeah, the SNS samples were from their website. Just click on the sample link and it will pull up an email. Just let them know that you are interested in buying some, and would like samples of all 3 products. They will send them out to you pretty quick. If youre in Cali, you will get them like 3-4 days later.

My hydro guy hooks me up too. He was the one to turn me onto the FloraDuo. He got a few cases before they start distributing them. He gave me a quart of each for Xmas.

Well, Im out to wrap up a website, and then I will put up pics from last weeks harvest. My best one yet, a little over 8oz dry from 6 plants. Now I am waiting for the Lavender to finish in about another 5wks. Smells killer already..

I have been sick over the last week, as well as working, so I have been MIA. I am still busy as hell, but will be updating images later on today. The last harvest was a pretty good one IMO. 783g(27.96oz) wet and 240g(8.57oz) dry.

I changed my drying method slightly as well as cut the colas down to about golf ball sized or smaller to beat the humidity here. Seems like every time I harvest, the crappy weather comes. Outdoor humidity was up in the 90% range all week until today. Its already in jars, and no mold, or mildew issues thus far, so I am thinking it will be fine.

Off to do some work, then I will be back with an update.

Here are the pictures from the last harvest. I was having issues getting them from my phone to laptop.

WP_0001891.jpg
WP_0001901.jpg
WP_0001911.jpg
WP_0001921.jpg
WP_000235.jpg
WP_000225.jpg
WP_000227.jpg
WP_000218.jpg
WP_000217.jpg
WP_000210.jpg

This is the piece that I built that goes inside of the rubbermaid tub for drying. I didnt get a picture of it in there though. Im sure everyone is familiar with the similar commercial ones with the mini-scrubber in them. Mine has no scrubber because I dont give a shit if it smells:bongrip:

WP_000229.jpg

Love the drying rack. Might have to make one of those.

It worked great. I am going to put a different power supply on it though. I will use one of the ones that is adjustable so that I can use it as a speed control for the fan. I would have liked to have left it in there a little longer on a lower speed but they were pretty dry by day 3.

I did cut all the buds down to a smaller size too so I am sure that contributed to it.

Back
Top Bottom