A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

Hey Grouch,
Things are looking good in your garden my friend!! And I'm glad you're feeling better.

I can't wait to see the results of your back-building; I was wanting to try that experiment as well, but I'm a bit too far along in flower IMO.

Hey what is that "device" hanging on your Northern Lights ring? Is it just a temp/RH gauge?

Hope all is well!

What's up my brother from another mother!?

That device is a wireless thermometer and humidity monitor. It reports back to this little screen I have sitting next to my bed with an alarm that goes off if it exceeds a certain temperature. I love it.

Backbuilding is supposed to be done when it's a lot closer to harvest but I did it early just out of curiosity. Maybe you should try doing one cola. It honestly wouldn't hurt and you'd have your comparison for next time. "They" say backbuilding causes zero stress to the bud with a zero chance of turning hermie.

How long til your harvest?

Dang that sounds like an awesome device! What did that run you grouchy? I too am anxious to see your review on back building grouch

That was about $50 man. Not bad. At target I think. Yeah I'll definitely be posting the comparison of the backbuilt ones vs the non. I'm curious. I've actually accidentally done backbuilding before when one of my buds touched the CFL light and burnt the end up. It ended up nice and fat and very different from the others. I am barely now talking that it was an accidental bud backbuilding. :rofl:

Yo,
I'm about 2 weeks out (from harvest) including flush. I may snip one cola just to see (if I remember); nothing to loose really.

Ah, thanks for the description of the wireless thermometer. I was looking at one on Amazon that had multiple remote "probes" which sent data to an app and you could graph and manipulate the data... Looks cool for a geek like me, but in reality not sure what I would do with all that data :)

I'd love to have an automated system, including auto PH adjust!

Yo,
I'm about 2 weeks out (from harvest) including flush. I may snip one cola just to see (if I remember); nothing to loose really.

Ah, thanks for the description of the wireless thermometer. I was looking at one on Amazon that had multiple remote "probes" which sent data to an app and you could graph and manipulate the data... Looks cool for a geek like me, but in reality not sure what I would do with all that data :)

I'd love to have an automated system, including auto PH adjust!

All that data would be awesome man... Like you said, I'm not sure what id do with it all but i guess you can see trends and abnormalities... Lol not sure how that would help but cool nonetheless.

The automated grow setup always sounded cool to me. I'd have to do a feasibility analysis on everything involved to see if it's worth it. I sometimes enjoy tending to my plants though. I'm home a lot during the days and it gives me something to do. But there are those days when I'm like, "fuck my life, I don't want to conduct maintenance on my plants today unless it consists of a lighter and dried bud."

Yeah I would love to have it completely automated too. That'll be my plan someday for sure. When I can have a big nice dedicated room to my grow! For now it's just gonna be a tent in the closet haha.

A dedicated room would be nice... I think CoGreen has his in his basement if I remember correctly. Arizona doesn't really have basements so I don't think that will be an option in my house-choosing, unfortunately. I would like to build my own house too and if I did, a basement would be there for sure...

Nice set up looking good so far I'll be watching the progress:thumb:
Thanks Wifey!

Glad to have you aboard! Got any grow's under your belt?

Here is 2 days after first root popped.

image4025.jpeg

Yup! I put all 3 in the fogger. Taking flowering clones is tougher because they have to revert back to veg state while trying to put out roots. From what I've seen, it takes about twice as long to get roots (if they even survive) so it will be a little while before we get results. Unless they die in 2 days haha!

Those are some sexy plants grouchy! What's the nirvana mystery smelling like? Anything special

Camo! How was your gobble gobble day my friend?

I'm so glad you asked about smell! I forgot to talk about it!

So the Nirvana mystery smells probably the sweetest plant I've smelt but that's during flower. ive smoked the Birvana Mystery before and I loved it. Very sativa high.
The northern Lights smells good but very neutral and bland for the most part. I guess that's an attribute that NL has that makes it so popular with indoor grows. I've also grown it before and liked it but was very couch-lock-like but I liked it nonetheless. great strain in my opinion.
The Mystery though... Man she blows my socks off with her smell. All I can describe her as is 'sweet'.

:rofl:

Everything looks soo good

Thank you man! I appreciate you stopping in! Stick around. Hopefully I can make it worth while (no I'm not coming onto you :rofl: )

Hi, Grouchy! Both of them are really stunning. Do they smell as good as I think they do? Outstanding work.

Hey! My Canadian neighbor! How's the winter treating you?

Oh boy oh boy, that smell is awesome. Glad I have that giant oversized filter! Overkill... But I'm sure it'll last a while.
I got my eye on your grow too. Gotta pop on in tomorrow for sure, eh? :winkyface:

Stay frosty everybody! Hope you all are enjoying your holidays! Be safe please!

Hey Grouch,
Hope you had a nice thanksgiving brother.

Your ladies are looking very nice + healthy as far as I can see :) Hats off!

What's up with your LED hanging at an angle -- is that to accommodate the different plant heights?

Hey man! Mine was great!
First, I ate a large turkey dinner with all the fixings at my mother in laws house, then it was on to my parents house for another dinner! I had to of gained about a babys worth of weight... On second thought... Maybe I ate a baby... Anyway, it was great.

I hope you all had a great one as well filled with family, friends, and Mary Jane!

Thanks man. The mystery has a minor nute deficiency but i gave up trying to fix it. The genetics are just too unknown to cater to the plants every need. Got rid of the N tox but I'm left with very small discoloration or yellowing but it doesn't seem to affect much at all. She's trucking on like a trooper.

Yeah man, I angled the light because it gave me better coverage of both my plants since they are each only about 1sq ft each.

UPDATE:

So my mystery has a small nute deficiency but it has not affected the growth negatively that I can tell thus far. For now, I will leave it be.

The Northern Lights is growing strong and bulky in regards to the bud growth. Th NL once again, has almost no smell which is good I used. The Mystery is so freakin stinky like sweetness I can't take it. I want to burn her up so bad!

Funny/not so funny side note. I accidentally turned off my inline fan for about 1 hour and noticed it when my downstairs smelled like stinky stinky bud. I'm talking bad... I walk upstairs and the smell grows stronger and stronger as I get closer. When I opened my bedroom door, I almost got smacked down the stairs from the smell hitting me in the face. I looked at the temperature display by my bedside and it said 91F so I go into full on freak out mode but it smelled so... Sooo good. All I smelled was the Mystery as if I threw the plant in a Giants pipe and lit it up! I won't be touching the inline fan anymore needless to say.

Below is Nirvana Mystery
image4593.jpeg
image4594.jpeg

Below is Nirvana Northern Lights
image4595.jpeg
image4597.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom