Glad to be here

Welcome to 420 Magazine @usmcbay

What kind of cannabis do you like?
Have you ever thought about growing your own medication?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Photos Yes. A mix of Strawberry Cough, Blue Dream, and Grandaddy Purple.
I know some things are off. Humidity, Decapitated Seedling, etc.
The little pods are to secure the cups and give me indicators of absorption when I water every 3-4 days or so.
Back three are Str. Cough, Grandaddy Prpl in the middle, and two sprouts are Blue Dream. "Kid Rock" / 9-25 lost his Grddy Prpl head.
My son names them. It does help.

IMG_3003.jpg

New to the Medical Cannabis world. Registered in the Texas Compassionate Use Registry and happy to find Cannabis a relief. Growing as well.

All the best.

Shawn
Welcome.. Many of us find relief from both using cannabis and growing it. It’s really helped me with PTSD personally, as well as multiple fellow veterans I know. You’ve come to the right place for all things related to cannabis and it’s cultivation, in a mature respectful environment.

Welcome.. Many of us find relief from both using cannabis and growing it. It’s really helped me with PTSD personally, as well as multiple fellow veterans I know. You’ve come to the right place for all things related to cannabis and it’s cultivation, in a mature respectful environment.
Thank you for your comment. I recently made the decision to put the bottle down. It was killing me. Physically it did kill me on Nov 3rd, 2021, at 0906 in the morning I was resuscitated.
After that debacle my family Dr talked to me about this and said she had seen improvements in veterans. So, I dropped my pre-programmed "anti-dopehead" position and realized that Marcus Luttrell, Gov. Rick Perry, and my family Dr are probably onto something.
Just the clarity of mind right now... the joy of waking up. The ease of now putting my feet on the floor to meet each day... it's an obvious 180° change in my life. I wasn't certain that I would be around for my kids, but I wanted to be.
The fact that alcohol is legal on most corners in the US yet weed is high centered on a bunch of nonsense.
It's dang near cruel not to let people make their own decisions.
I made mine. Texas isn't there yet but I'm glad I was able to be accepted by the Compassionate Use Registry of Texas. They didn't just throw it at me which I was pleasantly glad to see they were so serious about it.
I mean they had me send in my prescriptions, photos of the prescription bottles, medical records, DD-214 (separation papers) ... they did not ask for the medical records I just had them accompanying the prescriptions. (And I don't do hospitals, medicines, etc.)
All of this to say again, Thank you. I like the maturity you mentioned here. It's a discussion far beyond what I would have imagined a little time back.
Paint me happy. Because life is good again. 👍

Good on you for getting off the sauce-:thumb:
I put the bottle down 10 years ago- would be 20, but ten years ago, I decided to make sure I was still an alcoholic (I am!) and I fell off the wagon for one day. ( That hangover  felt like I died for awhile :))
That "alcohol is legal, but pot isn't" thing is something I've never understood- not that it being illegal ever stopped me from smoking it..

Thank you for your comment. I recently made the decision to put the bottle down. It was killing me. Physically it did kill me on Nov 3rd, 2021, at 0906 in the morning I was resuscitated.
After that debacle my family Dr talked to me about this and said she had seen improvements in veterans. So, I dropped my pre-programmed "anti-dopehead" position and realized that Marcus Luttrell, Gov. Rick Perry, and my family Dr are probably onto something.
Just the clarity of mind right now... the joy of waking up. The ease of now putting my feet on the floor to meet each day... it's an obvious 180° change in my life. I wasn't certain that I would be around for my kids, but I wanted to be.
The fact that alcohol is legal on most corners in the US yet weed is high centered on a bunch of nonsense.
It's dang near cruel not to let people make their own decisions.
I made mine. Texas isn't there yet but I'm glad I was able to be accepted by the Compassionate Use Registry of Texas. They didn't just throw it at me which I was pleasantly glad to see they were so serious about it.
I mean they had me send in my prescriptions, photos of the prescription bottles, medical records, DD-214 (separation papers) ... they did not ask for the medical records I just had them accompanying the prescriptions. (And I don't do hospitals, medicines, etc.)
All of this to say again, Thank you. I like the maturity you mentioned here. It's a discussion far beyond what I would have imagined a little time back.
Paint me happy. Because life is good again. 👍
Alcohol is evil, pure unfiltered evil in my eyes.. It disgusts me and it’s prominence in our culture disgusts me.. I too am an alcoholic, however I think it’s more likely I’m an addict.. I started with alcohol when I got in the Army and it amped up after Afghanistan.. The day I got out I used opiates and benzodiazepines to kick my alcoholism which “worked” but then I just wound up with a 300mg a day opiate and a 20mg a day benzo addiction which both almost killed me. Had to relearn basic stuff like reading an analog clock smh. The VA stepped in but the thousands of pills they wanted me to take also felt like they were slowly killing me so I started using cannabis intentionally for medicinal reasons instead of a good time and it turned everything around for me.

Anyway that’s all past me a few years ago.. had my wake up call when I realized I was surrounded by cops with guns drawn on me and I wasn’t sure how I got there. Next thing I knew I was in withdrawal on a jail cell floor with 11 other addicts also in withdrawal and it hit me that I was at rock bottom. Fast forward to today and I take one pill, I have a part time job, and am semi retired spending time with my kids or my plants. Cannabis saved my life, literally.

Alcohol is evil, pure unfiltered evil in my eyes.. It disgusts me and it’s prominence in our culture disgusts me.. I too am an alcoholic, however I think it’s more likely I’m an addict.. I started with alcohol when I got in the Army and it amped up after Afghanistan.. The day I got out I used opiates and benzodiazepines to kick my alcoholism which “worked” but then I just wound up with a 300mg a day opiate and a 20mg a day benzo addiction which both almost killed me. Had to relearn basic stuff like reading an analog clock smh. The VA stepped in but the thousands of pills they wanted me to take also felt like they were slowly killing me so I started using cannabis intentionally for medicinal reasons instead of a good time and it turned everything around for me.

Anyway that’s all past me a few years ago.. had my wake up call when I realized I was surrounded by cops with guns drawn on me and I wasn’t sure how I got there. Next thing I knew I was in withdrawal on a jail cell floor with 11 other addicts also in withdrawal and it hit me that I was at rock bottom. Fast forward to today and I take one pill, I have a part time job, and am semi retired spending time with my kids or my plants. Cannabis saved my life, literally.
Wow Kefka... Just WOW! Man, I'm glad to hear your report is good these days. Your description of the prescription drugs is exactly what I started going round and round with my Family Dr. about. She wanted to put me on a cocktail of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, anti-dependency drugs which I told her in diplomatic words to shove that idea straight up her hind parts. Where, she shifted gears and talked to me about Medical Marijuana.
It was actually a good excuse to accept the things I believed. That weed was good for veterans and PTSD. As well as many many many other ailments of course.
To me Vets, Kids, and the Elderly get the impactful end of the pharmaceutical machine. That's sick. These pharmacies and politics have created an environment so corrupt I'm certain the pocket stuffers are so crooked at this point they probably screw their shoes on.
Thank you all who have served. Our veterans are leaving us too soon. I just saw my third buddy ended his own life and none of us buddies had a clue. I can't help but think of what the VA did to them...
All the best,
Shawn

Wow Kefka... Just WOW! Man, I'm glad to hear your report is good these days. Your description of the prescription drugs is exactly what I started going round and round with my Family Dr. about. She wanted to put me on a cocktail of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, anti-dependency drugs which I told her in diplomatic words to shove that idea straight up her hind parts. Where, she shifted gears and talked to me about Medical Marijuana.
It was actually a good excuse to accept the things I believed. That weed was good for veterans and PTSD. As well as many many many other ailments of course.
To me Vets, Kids, and the Elderly get the impactful end of the pharmaceutical machine. That's sick. These pharmacies and politics have created an environment so corrupt I'm certain the pocket stuffers are so crooked at this point they probably screw their shoes on.
Thank you all who have served. Our veterans are leaving us too soon. I just saw my third buddy ended his own life and none of us buddies had a clue. I can't help but think of what the VA did to them...
All the best,
Shawn
It’s rough having to accept that you were wrong or held incorrect beliefs/were misinformed, about something, I know this intimately, I’ve looked at all aspects of my life in this light and have changed everything from how I parent to how I approach difficulties. However, if you can manage to accept it, and you can have an open mind moving forward, you can open up so many more routes and so much more of your life. There’s an entire world out there that has been living life successfully for a long time without the way we do things, and we’re never taught about it. We’re kept in a closed ecosystem dependent upon people who don’t have our best interests at heart. Preyed upon by people whose heinous exploitations are dressed up as some sort of personal achievement attained through sacrifice and hard work, it’s a lot to stomach without breaking.

Veterans have seen the blood that greases the wheels. It’s something you cannot unsee. The system is not equipped to deal with what they put us through.

It’s rough having to accept that you were wrong or held incorrect beliefs/were misinformed, about something, I know this intimately, I’ve looked at all aspects of my life in this light and have changed everything from how I parent to how I approach difficulties. However, if you can manage to accept it, and you can have an open mind moving forward, you can open up so many more routes and so much more of your life. There’s an entire world out there that has been living life successfully for a long time without the way we do things, and we’re never taught about it. We’re kept in a closed ecosystem dependent upon people who don’t have our best interests at heart. Preyed upon by people whose heinous exploitations are dressed up as some sort of personal achievement attained through sacrifice and hard work, it’s a lot to stomach without breaking.

Veterans have seen the blood that greases the wheels. It’s something you cannot unsee. The system is not equipped to deal with what they put us through.
Spot on. Even my parents who are in good health at 76 & 84 have recently given this THC alternative their attention. They are tired of the pills and payments.
Man, I was always an oak. In every situation. When this "thing" hit me, I was dealing with things for years I didn't believe in. Words I never used, Depression, Anxiety... get out of here with that weak crap. And then... then it landed and nested on my head. It was years at first of just denial and then when I recognized I had thoughts going through my mind of punching my card I decided then to reluctantly reaching out to "Camp Hope" / "PTSD Foundation of America". A wonderful, amazing, great source for veterans who struggle. Many of them given options by Judges, some have been brought by the HPD in Hou after they had them at gun point. The program has the highest success rate that we know of.
I am certainly glad to be here. I appreciate this.
And I still haven't 'partaken'... ha. Just some gummies from the dispensary / prescription so I still have a lot to look forward to. Haha.

Photos Yes. A mix of Strawberry Cough, Blue Dream, and Grandaddy Purple.
I know some things are off. Humidity, Decapitated Seedling, etc.
The little pods are to secure the cups and give me indicators of absorption when I water every 3-4 days or so.
Back three are Str. Cough, Grandaddy Prpl in the middle, and two sprouts are Blue Dream. "Kid Rock" / 9-25 lost his Grddy Prpl head.
My son names them. It does help.

IMG_3003.jpg
Changing gears, is that floral wire a local or internet purchase?

Walmart floral dept. It was $2- $3. It's really helped my stretch stand up straight and tighten up.
It’s a perfect gauge that I can’t find around here.. I’ll have to check Walmart in the spring since they’ve closed their garden center for the year.

Your seedlings are stretching because they want more light.. either move the light closer or turn up the intensity if you can. It’s an action called “shade avoidance”.. It’s reaching toward the light source to try to absorb more light

It’s a perfect gauge that I can’t find around here.. I’ll have to check Walmart in the spring since they’ve closed their garden center for the year.

Your seedlings are stretching because they want more light.. either move the light closer or turn up the intensity if you can. It’s an action called “shade avoidance”.. It’s reaching toward the light source to try to absorb more light
Correct. I messed up in the gather information stage and kept them in the dark a few days thinking I was diverting growth to the roots however, also learning about this phase of pre-programmed seed genetics. That few days was damaging. I had to replant deeper up the seedling stalk. They went from 0" to 4" in a few days.
Now I know better. Day one I planted seeds... day 4 I started to learn. Haha. I'm certain learning will be forever.
I lowered my light 2" to 26" and turned the dial from 60% up to visible boost and did that a couple times so far. Watching the leaves... reading what I can without being too hands on. There is fun to be found in the fight to do nothing. Haha.
I really want to learn the art of mainlining / manifold method. I like the fact you can make something do something that only makes it better and more concentrated on the real reason for its season. ⚕️...

Correct. I messed up in the gather information stage and kept them in the dark a few days thinking I was diverting growth to the roots however, also learning about this phase of pre-programmed seed genetics. That few days was damaging. I had to replant deeper up the seedling stalk. They went from 0" to 4" in a few days.
Now I know better. Day one I planted seeds... day 4 I started to learn. Haha. I'm certain learning will be forever.
I lowered my light 2" to 26" and turned the dial from 60% up to visible boost and did that a couple times so far. Watching the leaves... reading what I can without being too hands on. There is fun to be found in the fight to do nothing. Haha.
I really want to learn the art of mainlining / manifold method. I like the fact you can make something do something that only makes it better and more concentrated on the real reason for its season. ⚕️...
Right on.. you’re on the right path and already correcting your mistakes.. I’m similar in that, I can only read so much stuff before I just have to put my hands on it to be able to really learn more.

I manifolded (I used the theory and went my own way with it) my plant for the grow I’m in now. It looks really cool, really strong, and looks like it’s about to produce huge symmetrical buds plus my entire plant gets light coverage. It’s satisfying shaping the plant but definitely adds considerable time onto the grow.. I lost a week just in recovery time. I do recommend giving it a try though.. it’s fun tying the plant down.

Next grow I’m gonna run a manifold a mainline, a plant that’s just topped, then one plant that I’m going to start bending after the first true leaves and try to shape it like a bonsai tree to grow. That way I can see what each method produces under the same timeline.

Right on.. you’re on the right path and already correcting your mistakes.. I’m similar in that, I can only read so much stuff before I just have to put my hands on it to be able to really learn more.

I manifolded (I used the theory and went my own way with it) my plant for the grow I’m in now. It looks really cool, really strong, and looks like it’s about to produce huge symmetrical buds plus my entire plant gets light coverage. It’s satisfying shaping the plant but definitely adds considerable time onto the grow.. I lost a week just in recovery time. I do recommend giving it a try though.. it’s fun tying the plant down.

Next grow I’m gonna run a manifold a mainline, a plant that’s just topped, then one plant that I’m going to start bending after the first true leaves and try to shape it like a bonsai tree to grow. That way I can see what each method produces under the same timeline.
That gets me all excited to read someone else is doing it real time. It's a good-looking plant I've always thought that.
And some of the great photos of buds... well that's a whistle and a wave for me some of them look so photogenic.
I look forward to enjoying the fruits of labor. Day to day sure goes by slower than youtube and time-lapse. Ha!

Back
Top Bottom