Good Or Bad?

My bad Wilky. Think industrial, not aromatherapy. I get this gallon jug from Amazon. Medina makes a quart size, also on Amazon. Also unlike Neem, orange oil does not degrade, diluted or not. Next grow use as a preventative and nip the problem in the bud, so to speak. Or as I like to say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound at cure. Good luck.
So a ‘cleaning/ degreaser’. Type.
Trouble is most of them contain shit that would probably kill the plant.
Have to find an Organic one, which seems non existent in England

The ingredient that you are looking for in orange oil is D-limonene. Most 100% orange oil and essential orange oils that are cold pressed contain D-limonene. You don't need/want to buy orange cleaners. You want to buy the concentrated, pure oils. You want to mix it in water with something like Castile soap, similar to how you use Neem oil.

The ingredient that you are looking for in orange oil is D-limonene. Most 100% orange oil and essential orange oils that are cold pressed contain D-limonene. You don't need/want to buy orange cleaners. You want to buy the concentrated, pure oils. You want to mix it in water with something like Castile soap, similar to how you use Neem oil.

post a pic of what you are talking about.

the poisonous orange cleaners are cold pressed orange pure concentrated oils.
the only ingredient listed on the product is d-limonene, staring at my bottle right now
common brand names here are orange-a-peel, and tko, both listed as poisonous

i'm sure it would kill the mites. i sure wouldn't apply it in flower

Seriously man... get the Agro stuff. I fought an insane infestation and tried everything. This stuff works and is like conditioner for your plant.
You can get it in Amazon. You won’t be disappointed. Forget the other stuff.

Seriously man... get the Agro stuff. I fought an insane infestation and tried everything. This stuff works and is like conditioner for your plant.

You can get it in Amazon. You won’t be disappointed. Forget the other stuff.

safe for beneficial insects and ships to canada.
if they can ship it must have been approved.

not available on amazon.ca but does ship direct from supplier.

gonna note this for future use. thanks @AdaminCO

@bluter: I think the difference may be how each county classifies it. I went to the Orange TKO website. They have a link to their MSDS for Orange TKO (see below). Section II of the MSDS deals with Hazardous Ingredients. It states: "This product contains no ingredients which are considered to represent a health hazard as currently defined by 29 CFR 1920. 1200".

I don't know if Canada has something similar to the U.S. CFR's or MSDS. :Namaste:

@bluter: I think the difference may be how each county classifies it. I went to the Orange TKO website. They have a link to their MSDS for Orange TKO (see below). Section II of the MSDS deals with Hazardous Ingredients. It states: "This product contains no ingredients which are considered to represent a health hazard as currently defined by 29 CFR 1920. 1200".

I don't know if Canada has something similar to the U.S. CFR's or MSDS. :Namaste:

i work with msds here.

it's gotta be regulatory. i checked the US tko site and the labeling is different.
the other product is produced here so nothing to compare.

canada

img_3285.jpg

US

TK001.jpg

i found the issue health canada has with it :

This product contains a level of D-limonene that can pose a danger to human health, especially to children, if aspiration occurs.

D-limonene is extracted from citrus fruit (such as orange peel), and is commonly used as an ingredient in cleaners and other household chemical products to provide a citrus smell. Aspiration occurs when the product is coughed up or vomited after being ingested. This coughing/vomiting causes small particles of the product to travel into the lungs and may result in severe health effects including pulmonary injury, chemical pneumonia or death.

you can find it here

the coughing part is especially relevant to cannabis use.

i love the stuff. it is the only cleaner i have in my place. i make an engine degreaser with the orange oil and liquid laundry detergent. would not believe how well that works.

not trying to bust you up. just want everyone to make informed choices.

Thanks for the info. Interesting about the inhalation/aspiration hazard. I wonder if bud washing removes the orange oil if it's still present. I'm all for informed choices. It's all good.

Thanks for the info. Interesting about the inhalation/aspiration hazard. I wonder if bud washing removes the orange oil if it's still present. I'm all for informed choices. It's all good.

i believe orange oil is hydrophillic / oleophobic - dissolves in water / repels oils

Supposedly the orange oil in the cutting agent from these vape cartridges is what’s causing all the health issues in the US.

Supposedly the orange oil in the cutting agent from these vape cartridges is what’s causing all the health issues in the US.

i was going to go there but was hoping to avoid further controversy.

it's true, d-limonene is closely being looked at.

Back
Top Bottom