Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

Thank you for keeping an eye on me Shed.
They are looking better and better, Nev.

And Shed is an excellent eye to have on you.

I'm lurking too. But pay no attention to me. :bongrip:

Wednesday it‘s day32 for #1 and day 22 on the other 3 GG4’s in soil feeding off the GeoFlora veg & bloom.

The yellow has all but disappeared and the light green color has returned to the two stricken plants. The Sickly one has a couple of small rust colored spots on he big fan leaf Other then that it’s all good.

I‘ve decided for today their off feed week I will give them 4 Tbl spoons of their top dressing and a watering to their 5 gallon pots. They are actually 2 weeks behind in feeding due to me not amending their soil before planting.

All plants are looking healthy and even the Runt got some LST yesterday. Now everyone is Bent.
Bad news is yesterday while not paying attention and being grossly overly medicated ( new ingredient measurements) I inadvertently knocked one of the sticks holding the main cola on #1 and it sheared off the top 2 inches. That has to do some damage. Today she is looking just fine.
A07B2648-FD16-4EC3-AE7E-0888DA8011CF.jpeg
The group photo #1 32 days the rest 22 days
E0687280-A9C9-4FCF-8CDC-E1CF2B86E4F1.jpeg
#2 22days
E3A57DA9-FDDB-4ABA-A777-453F345B27F1.jpeg
The Sickly rust spots on fan leaf
96F98EEC-1CC9-4C79-8C12-0098F659163B.jpeg
The Runt
CBDA5142-0DE7-4411-8F13-256AE702D79E.jpeg
#1 32days
0E3C4A27-4908-475E-A735-BE52A8C48629.jpeg
The missing cola

When you said cola I thought you meant flower! Luckily that's a top, otherwise it would be much worse. Looks like you just topped it unintentionally. :)
You are absolutely correct Shed, when I saw it all laid over and wilted I saw an 11 inch cola! Well the picture showed otherwise, as it was a huge 2 inch top.

Im going back for more medication :rollit:

It’s a Friday nite and it’s been absolutely beautiful here the the Pacific North West. I’m so wishing I could do an outdoor grow. But I’m also very happy for what I can do.
I’ve been trying to adjust my dosage of ingested THC and I made it plenty potent this time. I’m trying to cut back on my smoking for awhile. It seems to be working but I’m pretty much worthless all day.

The four GG#4‘s in Organic soil feeding on @GeoFlora Nutrients.
@Mars Hydro 2’x4’ tent & SP3000 led. Led’s are 24” from the soil and running at 87%
Its day 34 for the #1 plant and day 24 for #2, the Runt and Sickly.

Yesterday #1 received a good trimming and tucking the other 3 was very moderate trim. The Sickly one just isn’t showing up. I took 2 low fan leaves off that looked bad with a rusty spot on each. I’m not sure what it’s been with her from the beginning. All the plants received what was probably their last foliar spray of Epson salt. Started treating them with that and some 5-1-1 fish emulsion after a bout of yellow leaves on 2 of the plants.

Today Friday plants looked very good on my morning. I gave a light trim to all plants and 12oz‘s water to three of the plants Sickly hasn’t had the intake the other plants have. Lights out for 6 hours and they’re back up at my 4PM. The 3 plants are all looking healthy with a good color. I like a darker green but maybe it’ correct for this strain and the yellow is gone. The Runt has now taken over Sickly in structure and height and pulling in on #2. She’s becoming a good looking plant.
I’m thinking this might be a run for the Runt. #1 is going into flower so I hope she starts to get some height as a I’ve kept her pretty close to the ground.
12B3DDBD-80D4-41B7-ACD7-EEF4354EE2F9.jpeg
the Runt 24 days old, #1 34 days, #2 24 days and Sickly 24 days

B59E7880-DE6C-446E-A5B2-721933326A93.jpeg

I dunno Nev, looking at the overhead shot they all look pretty healthy to me!

What's the story with the 12 oz of water? Is that to keep the top moist between full waterings?
That is it exactly. 12oz watering was to moisten the top and keep the gf activated. I do not do a large runoff when I do water it’s actually a very very minimal runoff.

Here are a couple pics of leaves with the rust colored spots on them. I had already cut and disposed of the 2 large fan leaves that showed much more damage. I’m not sure what it is but it continues to come on the lower fans.
Help here from anyone would be very appreciative.
804BE119-C03E-4770-A452-BC675EA9D56F.jpeg
Rust spots and they will grow.

9300D12C-4257-4F4F-BE73-FD0321FBF779.jpeg

Sunday morning update.
Day 36 on the #1 GG4 auto and day 26 on the other 3 autos all in soil feeding GF nutes.

I did aggressively hit them all with a defoliation and more LST this morning.
The sickly plant just isn’t wanting to get the growth program growing and has just sputtered out.
All the plants now have good color and the Runt that took almost a month to turn on has really taken off. Without a doubt in my mind she is the cream rising to the top.

A couple pictures of a before and after from this mornings work over. We will see how they shape up after their 6 hours of darkness. “Lights out in 10 min. :peace:
A30C7E9B-04F7-429E-B00D-FBDA8D3F570D.jpeg
Before
ECC222C4-AD29-41C4-BB48-44BB6CC495E6.jpeg
after

542A4D18-B646-4187-8C57-7476499931E2.jpeg

Got any low N cal-mag on hand? Looks more like calcium rather than magnesium or I would just recommend epsom salts.
Sorry but I’m a little confused. I have no cal-mag on hand but I can get it easily Locally. I do have Epson salt that I treated the yellow with a while back. But to understand, do you believe I need to treat for a calcium deficiency or a magnesium? Or is it both? I’m lost.
Thank you

If you can get your hands on a low N cal-mag (like 2-0-0), I'd add that at full strength (since they're autos...no time to mess about!).
I’m on it
A huge Thank You Shed!

It’s been a busy morning in the tent. Watered all 4 plants with a gallon each of tap water until it started runoff. I spent more then a hour slowly watering them with a 12oz condiment bottle. This Friday they will all be treated to their by weekly Geoflora nutes. They will all be on the bloom cycle now.
After another lesson from @InTheShed and his link to Vapor Pressure Deficit & What It Means To You!
I realize I need to keep my temps down and humidity up so I removed the driver and controller from the Marshydro SP 3000 and located it remotely to the outside top of the tent.
I got everything completed now and the lady’s can start their 6 hour nap.
E92AEC64-3AAA-45EE-A5EE-CBB91344DBDC.jpeg

I'm lurking too. But pay no attention to me. :bongrip:
Sitting here looking for my lurker of late. GDB I know you have been just a touch busier then busy and heading back to trim jail. Again after just being released.

I moved on the suggestion of @InTheShed and went to the local hydro warehouse (on 420 and they were jammin the reggae music) picked up some items and a 4 cubic foot bag of perlite $24 with my US issued COVID-19 relief check.

This morning is day 39 for the #1 plant and day 29 for the other three GG autos. The temps and RH is much easier to control now that I’ve moved the Meanwell driver of the SP3000 to the outside of the 2x4 tent.

The #1 has started into the stretch. I’m guessing it’s about time to start releasing her restraints. The #2 is holding her own and looking fine.

They all have a feeding coming up on Friday, the Runt and the Sickly still have very wet bottoms after their watering on Monday which concerns me now as they need a good watering on the GeoFlora feeding In a couple more days. Everyone will be on the bloom from here on out.
7B46729E-2EE9-40FD-9009-86749878E977.jpeg

The Runt, #1, 2 and Sickly

Good work putting that Covid money to work locally! And I don't see any sickly or runty plants in that pic. :high-five:
The #1 has started into the stretch. I’m guessing it’s about time to start releasing her restraints.
I never untie my LST until well into flower, at which point nothing moves. I just do it to make it easier to thin out underneath. But I've seen people do that and wondered what the reason is.

I feel like you still want the uppers tied down as the plant is pumping out the flowering hormones. What's your thinking?
Everyone will be on the bloom from here on out.
Good idea! It seems to take two weeks to get moving, and I'm still waiting for mine to work. :)

I never untie my LST until well into flower, at which point nothing moves. I just do it to make it easier to thin out underneath. But I've seen people do that and wondered what the reason is.

I feel like you still want the uppers tied down as the plant is pumping out the flowering hormones. What's your thinking?
My thinking here was hoping for guidance. And I got what I was looking for. :thanks:

So this morning for me and day 40 on #1 and day 30 on the other 3 autos I went full on Samurai and finished an aggressive defol on the entire bunch. I just kinda wing that also as I had never been big in defoliation or LST in the past.
I started by removing all the sticks then getting in and trimming hard. I then went and readjusted, redirected and pinned all the limbs back down. I think I did fairly well. Took me an hour and 45 minutes to get it to where I thought I’d better quit.

I also picked up a new wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer and RH as I was tired of running to the grow tent all too often to monitor as I was having troubles keeping temps and RH in check. I now have 3 in the tent, two that are indoor/outdoor. They are all keeping consistent and matching results. Best thing is one of the indoor/outdoor is from Radio Shack. Care to guess how old it is? It’s still Working perfectly.

The bottoms of the 2 smaller plants fabric pots finally dried a couple days after their water. They were still very wet yesterday. I took the pans and trays out and they’re just sitting on racks now getting a bit of airflow underneath them. I will put them back on the trays and pans when I water and feed them then remove them again after a day.

Again if you see anything that needs to be corrected or any helpful hints I’m all ears as I’m so new to tents, leds, fabric pots and autos.
WTH am I doing here. :thedoubletake:
4A505F0A-B250-4971-92BC-EA6E7659919D.jpeg
4A505F0A-B250-4971-92BC-EA6E7659919D.jpeg
The Runt, #1, #2 the Sickly
403C47B6-BCF5-43C3-A3E6-15E716634B9F.jpeg
the Runt
5CB52AA5-CA3B-4EFF-AC1A-63906FF0BAFB.jpeg
#2 and some of the Sickly
63B7CC4A-62EE-402D-9D00-1012FC821E16.jpeg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom