Got an idea to help with heat issues

Nuggy Bear

Hello good folks....summers here in Holland and my temps are getting too high! I`ve got a small garden-4 plants 1metre sqaure 1x 400hps but plenty space around and adequate ventilation.My question is...can I switch between hps and cfl?...say 2hours hps and 1hour cfl alternately.I was gonna do red spectrum hps and blue cfl coz they`re on wk7 flower...what do you think?

Ok well I`m gonna try it anyway coz my temps are rising with each passing day.If anyone can see a flaw with what I`m doing please let me know.

You can do that but you are going to decrease your production greatly unless you have massive amounts of CFLs. CFLs actually produce more heat watt for watt in comparison to HPS. This leaves you with either a lot less light or a lot more heat by changing to CFLs. I'm not sure what your humidity level is, but here in the great American desert, using a variation on the swamp cooler works well. Place a wash cloth over your intake tube and have the bottom of it sitting in a small dish of water. As the are is passed through the wash cloth it will add moister to the air and reduce the temp. Just make sure you humidity stays under control.

Thanks for the reply Hosebomber...it`s actually cooled down here thankfully so I held off doing that.My humidity has been 45-60%. I`ll try the wet cloth idea too and just keep an eye on humidity.Anyway I`m gonna just continue on my hps and scrap the cfl idea,Ive only got 4 plants so don`t want to lose and yield.Thanks again for the info :thumb:

What about changing the cycle of light to night hours when it is cooler? I like Hosebomber’s washcloth solution that will work very well (make sure air is moving fast enough, if not experiment with different types of cloth)

Thanks Buckshot..I`m already running my lights through the night 21.00-09.00 is the coolest and cheapest.It`s when we get hot days the brickwork of the house retains the heat for hours and so it`s already warm 22-23centigrade when the light comes on.I`m gonna hang a wet bed sheet up and see how it effects humidity...week 8 flower so gotta be careful.

Back
Top Bottom