GR865's New Irrigation Setup

gr865

Upgraded my irrigation system.
I grow 5 plant vertical as my main and 5 plant horizontal as secondary.
Eco 1056 to a three point drip per plant.
20180926_173405 (2).jpg

Rezm Moved to tote, 20 + gallon usable gallons.
Setup now Pump and rez
Untitled.jpg

This 8 port manifold works well, capped three ports.
20181005_095126 (3).jpg

Rainbird emitter, much better coverage throughout the profil
20181005_095114_LI.jpg

GR

20180923_103603 (2).jpg

Hello that is a great looking set up but 1 question how do you dump and clean that reservoir out once a week or 2 , that looks like a lot of work or am I missing something here , I have a system very similar to yours and I have gone back to hand feeding for just that reason ,looking if there is something I can do to make it easier , thank you !!

Hello that is a great looking set up but 1 question how do you dump and clean that reservoir out once a week or 2 , that looks like a lot of work or am I missing something here , I have a system very similar to yours and I have gone back to hand feeding for just that reason ,looking if there is something I can do to make it easier , thank you !!

I do clean the rez after every two tanks.
I run the last cycle of the night @ 7:30 AM, after that cycle, I run what ever is left in the tank thru the plants, mini flush, which is usually around 1 gallon +/-.
Then I add a little water and some Clorox, a couple of ounces, whip the inside of the tank down, pump the liquid out thru my recirculation line to the drain. Then I add more water to the tank for rinsing and pump it out to drain. I do this twice and after the final rinse I hand wipe the tank and begin refilling.
It is a bit of work but not near as much as hand watering. I can leave my system up to 4 to 5 days with no problems.
Mainly, I wash to prevent bio-slime, which I really do not have but do it as a preventive.

Very Very Nice Job Sir
I will be doing a #$#@$ Ton of research on drip systems and hopefully be incorporating something similar to this with the exception of using submersible micro pumps (one for each plant spot) and also rocking like 4 tanks of various waters) 1 just RO water with SOS injection, 1 with my veg nute mix, 1 with my flowering nute mix , 1 just RO water for flushing . also going to add level sensors / float switch for various tasks . I will be adding plumbing to my main area in the spring and have a large plastic sink with hot and cold H2O always avail
sounds like alot but once all in and implemented I should be able to take a week vac and not worry about finding someone trust worthy to keep watch while I am gone

Very Very Nice Job Sir
I will be doing a #$#@$ Ton of research on drip systems and hopefully be incorporating something similar to this with the exception of using submersible micro pumps (one for each plant spot) and also rocking like 4 tanks of various waters) 1 just RO water with SOS injection, 1 with my veg nute mix, 1 with my flowering nute mix , 1 just RO water for flushing . also going to add level sensors / float switch for various tasks . I will be adding plumbing to my main area in the spring and have a large plastic sink with hot and cold H2O always avail
sounds like alot but once all in and implemented I should be able to take a week vac and not worry about finding someone trust worthy to keep watch while I am gone

Not sure I understand the micro pumps, and it may be over kill to have a pump per plant (consider equal distribution of solution) or I question the need for 4 tanks.
Never flush coco with straight RO, rain water or distilled water, use a minimum of 120 ppm, be it through the addition of Cal/Mag or tap water, then pH it to your desired pH, I go with 5.8 in my coco.
Not knowing your setup I may be totally off base, but with my setup this is my protocol.
Check my latest grow, BB Cheese Part Deux.

GR

LMAO @gr865 PH levels :hmmmm::hmmmm: I dont even own a PH meter LOL yet
I am soo far into this first grow and have never checked PH on anything LOL and they are growing great I think :hmmmm::hmmmm:.
I am in process hope fully this week to get me some black/white plastic to partition off the to in flower and start seeping in some CO2 at night perhaps I dunno
sincerely Lost in NY

the Local lowes has a combo uniot probe type that does PH,soil moisture and temp for 10 bucks so Ill get one this week SIR !!!

do not waste your ten dollars on anything 'probey' not for ph. spend twenty and get a proper,, properish, ph pen.

my two cents

cheers

This is a nice set up. running dtw so watering every day by hand is getting pretty old. I want to make one the same with a big beer cooler for the res so i can drain it out the bottom. maybe it'll help keep the temps stable too.

Roger that , I am limited funding right now so will get the best one I can afford at the ponics store this week. Might still get the lowes one just for the moisture meter though. Right now I basically wait till they are rather light in weight then water , I check on them 2 a day and spray mist them only watering as weight determines
This is good ? No? I hope

Nice grow Bro will def be following this to the end , I've wondered how to do SOG and also how quickly you are switching them over, I did my first veg like 3 months Oooppppsss LOL
Slightly larger than anticipated LOL

the way you check the pots for weight to water them is the correct way,, no meters involved for moisture,, that is not the way to go.

lift method,, as you are doing

let dry near to wilt stage,, then water till excess runs out the bottom,, then water a bit more to make sure,, then let dry to near wilt,, then water,, etc,,

Roger that , I am limited funding right now so will get the best one I can afford at the ponics store this week. Might still get the lowes one just for the moisture meter though. Right now I basically wait till they are rather light in weight then water , I check on them 2 a day and spray mist them only watering as weight determines
This is good ? No? I hope

Back
Top Bottom