Grandma's secret grow garden

420-magazine-mobile1953798462.jpg

What does this mean!? I only put one seed in the rock wool but today just saw this little guy pop up!? These are Tyron special auto flowers and I've never seen a random top pop up like that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile248023055.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1424701623.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1717795640.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1257853075.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1316321789.jpg

This is 4 weeks and 1 day... I feel as if they're not any where that they should be... .

How often should I be feeding them? Running dwc

those little guys need to put on at least a 1/2 strength nutrient dose if your not now

The growth rate tells me you have the light much too high

Move the light to 12 inches and at least 1/2 strength nutrients

To be honest your going to have to study more on DWC and get a grip on the steps to follow , they matter.

You need to be aware of your plants surroundings both in the air and water , those surroundings must become your priority.

Heat light humidity wind aeration water temperature must be controlled and well

next is food and supplements read up on and fix them

Light distance to plants , read a journal by a seasoned grower here on the site you will see how important light distance is.

For reference a seasoned grower who grows 1 lb plants not 4 ounce plants.

The closer the light the better it is to a point , you need to know what that point is and use it ( 12 to 18 inches )

You should be able to find all the info in 6 or 8 hours of internet searches spread over a few days.

Hit the books and you will no longer be stunting plants - Word

those little guys need to put on at least a 1/2 strength nutrient dose if your not now

The growth rate tells me you have the light much too high

Move the light to 12 inches and at least 1/2 strength nutrients

To be honest your going to have to study more on DWC and get a grip on the steps to follow , they matter.

You need to be aware of your plants surroundings both in the air and water , those surroundings must become your priority.

Heat light humidity wind aeration water temperature must be controlled and well

next is food and supplements read up on and fix them

Light distance to plants , read a journal by a seasoned grower here on the site you will see how important light distance is.

For reference a seasoned grower who grows 1 lb plants not 4 ounce plants.

The closer the light the better it is to a point , you need to know what that point is and use it ( 12 to 18 inches )

You should be able to find all the info in 6 or 8 hours of internet searches spread over a few days.

Hit the books and you will no longer be stunting plants - Word

Took your advice went from 450 ppm to 803 is what it settled at and dropped light to about 10 inches. It's only 150 watt led so not too much power but as you can see they are blooming bigger in a fast matter it seems.
420-magazine-mobile887985011.jpg

That's really nice to hear , They did grow and certainly look a lot happier

A secret to using the light low like that is the stronger nutrient solution the plants need it to keep up with the growth.

In flower mode if the plants are doing well the ppm's could go as high as 1400 ppm if the system is working well and the plants are in a growth spurt or otherwise doing very well.

Although you need strong aeration to run nutes that strong or the plants may not like it much at all. This is with the light down low ..

That's really nice to hear , They did grow and certainly look a lot happier

A secret to using the light low like that is the stronger nutrient solution the plants need it to keep up with the growth.

In flower mode if the plants are doing well the ppm's could go as high as 1400 ppm if the system is working well and the plants are in a growth spurt or otherwise doing very well.

Although you need strong aeration to run nutes that strong or the plants may not like it much at all. This is with the light down low ..

By aeration do you mean as in a air stone or a fan blowing on them?

The aeration

Not so much having enough stones but enough air going threw the stones.

The larger the bucket / reservoir sizes the larger the air pump you should use.

Small aquarium pumps should be avoided but do work , instead use a larger multi outlet pump.

Aerators are measured in lpm (liters per minute) imo 20 gallons of nutrients volume needs about a 20 lpm air pump

I can suggest these aerators I own them

ActiveAqua AAPA15L - 4 outlet 15 lpm pump cost $35 ( quieter then the GH pump )

General hydroponics dual diaphragm - 20 lpm pump cost $80

They will aerate about 20 gallons of nutrients with a theoretical 1.75 LPM of air per gallon , less in practice due to pressure losses.

I will be using 2000w of lights in flower mode with 4 buckets and a reservoir so I want plenty of air.

But for you because the pump is quiet cheap and effective I suggest the 15 lpm ActiveAqua pump. Its a bargain of pump and has adjustable air volume control.

Curious what air pump your using ?

420-magazine-mobile2144435331.jpg

420-magazine-mobile898401307.jpg

Things are looking way better this grow appreciate all the input and as for my pump it says it's a 40 gph (gallons per hour) pump. Just did a nute change and bumped PPM all the way to 1,010. Will be heading out of town this week so hopefully they stay strong until I get back.

Also we're in a water ban right now so I used galloned water. The ppm on it was 7 so I went all the way too 1,010. Normally I use the faucet water which is at 400-430. So will bumping the PPM to its current level be over feeding? I used 2 gallons total

They are doing great aren't they !

Normally I would say leave the PPM's where they were as the plants liked it so much but as the water is 400 ppm you will be fine at 1000 imo.

The nutrient strength is still reasonable , personally I subtract the waters base ppm from the nutrient ppm measurement so I know what I have added.

Tip

If your not using Cal Mag now , get some the plants need it big time when using LED's

It's originally at 400 with faucet water I used drinking ore galloned water with a starting PPM of 7. Adding nutes put me up to 1010. Is that too much? Yes using cal mag for sure! Went kind of heavy with the cal mag.

I think you should go back to where you were before this nutrient change , there is no reason to add more strength although the twisted leaves makes me think there is a reason to add cal mag

Ok so pull some water out add un nutrient touched water? Back to 800?

Yes indeed water that back down to 800 , it appears to be a sweet spot with the plants , right now there is no reason to change anything *yet*

This was them just nine days ago , you don't want to adjust the nutrients with this type of growth

420-magazine-mobile157719040.jpg

Today
420-magazine-mobile2144435331.jpg

Its better then good its great

its about where you had it before the plants will surely appreciate it !

If leaves are still curling to day when I get home and check what do you think could be causing that? I added a good amount of calmag.

I don't want take all the fun out of learning and discovery from you so left some helpful links that will get you started on the issue.

You will be able to narrow the problem down I have full faith , if you don't from this info keep searching for more information

Its time to fly !

Plant Abuse Chart

this is good too Identifying Nutrient deficiencies with Chart - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/leavedeficiencies5.jpg

leavedeficiencies5.jpg

If leaves are still curling to day when I get home and check what do you think could be causing that? I added a good amount of calmag.

Back
Top Bottom