Grandma's secret grow garden

420-magazine-mobile2146587224.jpg

Had to go out of town for 5 days and came back and they had drank up pretty much all the water. Grown up to the light and got a little burn. But things are reset and they should recover quick. Going out of town sucked but they quadrupled in size almost.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Should I be clipping these? Just not sure with autos if you remove leaves still or not.

Looking great Grammy , you have a green thumb !

Pulling leaves is really just a personal choice , personally I would start by spreading the plants apart and tying branches to open them up to increase the space .

IMO , its good to remove a few problem leaves that can't be manipulated to let light in and will not tuck out of the way

Its up to you really , I manipulate the plants into a open shape and remove problem shade leaves , others like to strip the plant.

So in summary , I would start by tying them open

TIP

a scrog screen would be of great use with your set up

Farm fencing works great for a scrog or many people make a white pvc pipe tube frame and tie string across it for the screen. Its both tidy and light weight , a good design for your set up.

Looking great Grammy , you have a green thumb !

Pulling leaves is really just a personal choice , personally I would start by spreading the plants apart and tying branches to open them up to increase the space .

IMO , its good to remove a few problem leaves that can't be manipulated to let light in and will not tuck out of the way

Its up to you really , I manipulate the plants into a open shape and remove problem shade leaves , others like to strip the plant.

So in summary , I would start by tying them open

TIP

a scrog screen would be of great use with your set up

Farm fencing works great for a scrog or many people make a white pvc pipe tube frame and tie string across it for the screen. Its both tidy and light weight , a good design for your set up.

Like the pvc idea for sure!

Looking good little jungle in there but I am seeing nitrogen stress

When the nutrients are too strong the nitrogen causes the leaves to claw and tips to droop.

When the leaves start looking like claws its time to adjust the mix.

I suggest to dilute with 25% water and check ph and adjust as necessary.

They are growing like stink though !

Question: Maybe they are not clawing , does it look like to you

its hard for me to see with the lighting

When the nutrients are too strong the nitrogen causes the leaves to claw and tips to droop.

Yes they are and I will do that for sure when I get home!

I'm going to post a pic in normal light when I get home. The charts are good help but I'm not able to figure which it is exactly. Need some help for sure.

420-magazine-mobile870080615.jpg

Removed these leaves as well because lots of buds coming in and being blocked. Lmk if this was a good idea or not.

Well they are a little clawed but not real bad , you could try going longer between nutrient changes or cut it by 25% your call.

In such a situation .. some yellowing some curling , very little leaf tip burn and in generally good health is making a solid decision hard.

Try swapping out the tank less often if that does not help the leaf clawing dilute by 25% , I guess , your call as I am guessing at this point.

Maybe cut it by 10 percent , a compromise I like those , the tank must be too strong it has to be to get clawing.

I suggest dilute by 10 to 25%

Well they are a little clawed but not real bad , you could try going longer between nutrient changes or cut it by 25% your call.

In such a situation .. some yellowing some curling , very little leaf tip burn and in generally good health is making a solid decision hard.

Try swapping out the tank less often if that does not help the leaf clawing dilute by 25% , I guess , your call as I am guessing at this point.

Maybe cut it by 10 percent , a compromise I like those , the tank must be too strong it has to be to get clawing.

I guess dilute by 10 to 25%

I'm thinking you're spot on. I will drop nutes down. Generally I've been doing a nute change every 7 days. What do you think about that schedule?

Not sure , if your nutrients self adjust PH its best to stick to the weekly schedule but if your adjusting it you could stretch it out up to 14 days.

It actually depends how many gallons the reserve is and how many and big the plants are , they could strip what they need the most of fast leaving a weak tank for the duration.

Since you are having some yellowing ( if I see that right) its probably best to refill every week to avoid causing any new problems.

I would stick with just the dilution for now

420-magazine-mobile2087625257.jpg

420-magazine-mobile36947755.jpg

420-magazine-mobile78805106.jpg

420-magazine-mobile772911665.jpg

They're drinking up a lot of water right now. Looking good, water was getting low so I added a pitcher to the res and it ended up panning out to 806 on PPM. PH is good. Water change is on Sunday. Will keep my PPM at 800 or as close as I can get. Will keep y'all updated and any input is greatly appreciated.

Hey grand mama, nice setup you got going. Hope you have better luck then me on the candy cane autos. Planted five last grow and didnt get one to harvest. Was mostly my fault but think 2 were males and read others get a lot of males with that strain despite the seeds being feminized, so watch out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey grand mama, nice setup you got going. Hope you have better luck then me on the candy cane autos. Planted five last grow and didnt get one to harvest. Was mostly my fault but think 2 were males and read others get a lot of males with that strain despite the seeds being feminized, so watch out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thank ya sir!

Nice clean roots , its a jungle down there too !

I still recommend cutting the strength a over-fertilized plant is not a happy plant and won't produce a quality harvest.

I can not tell the color of green of the leaves over the computer But if they are super dark green its not a good sign its another sign of nitrogen toxicity like the curled and clawed leaves.

Try 600 ppm

Many people use 400 ppm

Back
Top Bottom