Granulated nutrients for outdoor?

Newguyhere

This will be my first year going outdoor with my crops and i was curious as to what type of nutrients to use. i heard from a few of my buddy that i should go with a granulated nutrient for out doors to best feed the plants so i was thinking on using the happy frog tomato and grow and bloom granulated nutrients...any experience with the granulated stuff verses liquid outdoors?

I've used granulated, liquid, and powdered-type nutrients (organic);

The granulated work essentially no different, especially when compared to the powdered type for making brewed teas. The best way to use granulated nutrients (organics) is to brew it as a tea for 24 hours (let it sit in water) and then strain the solids. Serve the tea and then mix in the solids to the top soil.

Of course check the directions and ingredients to make sure it's something you want to use. Essentially there is not a difference if you are brewing it because the granules get broken down.

I'm sorry, the happy frog products i was wanting to use is a powder form and not a granulated form. i just heard that using the powder won't be washed away by the rain and stays more in than the soil rather than draining out through the bottom while feeding. What is your take on this?

The powder should either be 1) solution grade, or 2) needs to be brewed. You won't be sprinkling powder on the top soil, you could mix it in, but it will just end up moderately dissolving when you water. The best way to feed is in the liquid form, either by dissolving it or brewing it as a tea. Remaining solids from the brew bucket (if there is any) can be mixed into the top soil for extra effect.

i just heard that using the powder won't be washed away by the rain and stays more in than the soil rather than draining out through the bottom while feeding

This part is not really something to be concerned about.

:goodluck:

I use Aptus BaseBoost which is a time release Guerilla growing nutrient which lasts up to 3-4 months. Also Jacks Classicote tike release is also a good one that's time release for Guerilla growing. These are great for plants that you want to put in the ground and walk away. You only need to show up once or twice more to add blooms nutrients when flowering starts and water if there is a few weeks without rain.

Back
Top Bottom