Grateful new member - beginner

Welcome to 420mag! Looking forward to you getting a journal going someday, hopefully sooner than later. If you ever need help, feel free to pop on over to the Perpetual Playground, lots of good people there and it's a fun place to chat.

Re: Grateful new member. beginner

An absolute pleasure! :welcome:

You are most welcome here, and I hope to see you around!

:high-five: :yummy:

thanks Peyton. I like that you say the only stupid question is one not asked....I might make u regret saying that....lol. can you give me some advice on where to begin and end with soil? I want to keep it relatively simple (cheap) but of course want a good yield and an enjoyable grow. I ordered 5 Big Buds and want to get a couple soil grows under my belt before I move into hydroponic. ( I'm slowly building my hydro system) . what is the best soil to start with? what do I add, and at what stages do I add them during my grow?? I'm using 400 watt MH for veg, and 500 HPS for flowering. thank you.

You bet, however you choose to grow there are plenty of skilled folks sharing their knowledge here. I'd help you out with sustainable organics, if you feel like getting your fingers dirty. ;)

for sure! I'm a sponge brother. lay it on me. where do I start? what are the benefits of organic growing and most importantly, how much is it gonna cost me to get started? thank you for your time! it's appreciated. :thanks:

Well what organic growing really means is certainly a topic of much debate. To each their own, but I don't use a single bottled product and could skate by just fine with a water only grow. There are other things like sprouted seed teas, botanical teas, compost teas, and other fun stuff to play around with. The idea in a sentence is, we (I didn't make this stuff up, it's called LivingOrganicSoil, or LOS) make a complete soil mix rich in humic material and rely on the soil food web (SFW) to grow the plants for us. It's simply using nature as a model for our gardens. Think of the redwood forest or the Olympic peninsula (mick dodge tv show, lol). No one is putting any sort of fertilizers on the soil there, yet it is rich, lush and grows amazing and huge plants.

Why grow organic? It's sustainable, responsible and the product is amazing. There are many myths surrounding the cultivation of cannabis, you can spend a lot of money setting up and maintaining a synthetic grow, or you can put your energy on the front end and build soil, use it forever, never throw anything away, and it gets better with time.

It's kinda crazy to think about at first, but it's definitely a life changing deal. You could buy all the composts and things, but what you wanna do is build a worm bin, start a compost pile using the compost calculator, start a leaf mold pile... Hope you have a yard, lol. You will be waking around the forest seeking out dynamic accumulator plants and gathering free fertilizer. (Right now you think I'm nuts ;))

I have the whole schebang documented in my no till journal. Soil mix, links galore, discussion, pictures. Check it out if you feel like it. Most growers find LOS after trying other methods and wanting more. You would be one lucky dog to start out in living organic soil.

Hello COoranics# this is axcatly what I'm looking for a way to make my own compost tea do you know a good and cheap recipe?

Hello COoranics# this is axcatly what I'm looking for a way to make my own compost tea do you know a good and cheap recipe?
I HIGHLY recommend you read through as much of @Emilya Green posts as you can. Especially her sticky’s, tutorials, and journals. I’ve learned a lot of different stuff from a lot of different places, but I’ve learned easily the most critical stuff from her posts, and have benefitted the most from her journals. There is massive amounts of knowledge floating around within her journals from her and multiple other sources that you just can’t form a search term to find.

I HIGHLY recommend you read through as much of @Emilya Green posts as you can. Especially her sticky’s, tutorials, and journals. I’ve learned a lot of different stuff from a lot of different places, but I’ve learned easily the most critical stuff from her posts, and have benefitted the most from her journals. There is massive amounts of knowledge floating around within her journals from her and multiple other sources that you just can’t form a search term to find.
Thank you for the info ,I really appreciate it and we'll definitely read up on it

Back
Top Bottom