GreenGenez 4x8 Raised Bed No Till ROLS, 6k Full Spectrum LED, Multi Strain Perpetual Grow, High Pressure Blumat Blusoak Pump System

GreenGenez

Hello again, I'm back after taking some time off. This journal is going to show a new setup, new lights and new strains. But as always, strictly VEGANIC. The strains I'll be running this year are:
MENDO PURPS /S3
GELATO OG /S2
MIDDLEFORK /S1
CHOCOLOPE /S3
GORILLA GLUE auto /S1
These seeds were gifted to me by a dear friend and fellow breeder in N. California.

Ive been growing cannabis for about 20 years now..and I've cultivated crop after crop of grade A gage using every grow style in existence. Everything from high pressure hydroponics that atomize the nutrient solution to 20 micron droplets to recirculating under current DWC. In my experience Alot of other growers will spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on their nutrient and all the gear to monitor it and then have a major failure. Or everything goes well but not ideal as first planned. I've been there, I've failed, I've prevailed, I've spend thousands of dollars on gear, trying to find the best and grow the absolute highest quality imaginable. I've had to settle for a trade-off quality over quality, and for being a private personal grower, quality is all that truly matters to me. The choice was simple and right in front of my face. Clean, pure, simple and all natural, the solution was No Till Recycled Organic Living Soil. But nothing about my media is soil at all. In fact it's soiless. Zero earth is used and it's all responsibly sourced and recyclable ♻️

Everything I used is OMRI listed or RHB certified. It is of the highest quality and guaranteed. I dont cut corners anymore and have had to learn the hard way in that regard. Not saying that one can't crop out decent bud if cutting corners, but the difference is very clear in the finished product. In this journal I will show you my methods and explain why and back it all with evidence. You will not find any BRO-SCIENCE here. There is a reason why mother nature works all on her own and there are certain materials that she works best with. You will find that and then some here.

I'm also very big on automation of my watering however you don't have to, I just have found that consistency of hydrostatic pressure within the substrate is key for microbiology and CEC of cations and anions.

I will start in the morning. Good night

1st I want to apologise for the delay I said I was gonna get to this Journal the following morning I had some family issues pop up unexpectedly. So with that said, let kick this off!!

As my thread reads This is a 4' by 8' No Till recycled organic living soil. This is a newly purchased fabric bed from sustainable village, and consequently Is new in conception. The media I used is and favor is coconut coir dominant. I prefer coir to peat for a couple reasons. 1, because it's responsibly produced and has minimal impact on the land as its a by- product of harvesting coconuts. 2, because it has outstanding aeration even when used alone without perlite or any aeration additive and its CEC is ideal essentially as is without organic ammendment and Trichoderma fungi naturally colonize this media. I'll explain the extreme importance of 3 Trichoderma strains later.

Cations are positively charged elements in a solution, while anions are the negatively charged elements. Cation exchange capacity is a calculated value that is an estimate of a substrate’s ability to attract, retain, and exchange cation elements. This is an important factor in plant health, as higher CEC will provide more available nutrients to plants. The major cations associated with CEC are potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium.

CEC is reported in millequivalents per 100 grams of soil (meq/100g). The higher the organic matter in a substrate, the higher the CEC. For example, sand has a CEC of approximately of 2 meq/100 g., while organic matter will have a CEC range of 250-400 meq/100 g. Coco coir has a CEC range of 30-100 meq/100 g. Substrates with very low CEC are more likely to develop deficiencies of the major cations, while higher CEC substrates will have less leaching of nutrients.

The one major downside to coir is its natural sodium content and its insistence on robbing calcium and magnesium unless otherwise buffered. BUFFERING IS A MUST AS IS RINSING THE SODIUM OUT! There are alot of reputable coir suppliers and also alot of frauds. For my convenience I purchase ultra low sodium and pre buffered 11kg mega blocks from Australia. The brand is Nutrifield and comes backed with a RHP certification. I highly recommend.

Their is peat also in my substrate witch has a slightly higher CEC than coir. But I like to keep the peat value at or less than 20% so I will never have a peat dominant substrate.

And the aeration media I prefer to used is par boiled rice hulls, hydroton, #4 perlite, crushed limestone, silica grit, granite, biochar and basic playground sand.

You'll notice in the pictures that i have a mulch layer. This is a 3" deep layer of cocao bean hulls. This is a powerhouse media in terms of housing and feeding Trichoderma. It will literally colonize solid just under the surface and have a nice spongy like mat feel. Bonus, it makes the whole room reek like chocolate and I just love it for that reason alone.

20210426_052314.jpg

20210426_052036.jpg

First in.

can’t wait to see you run TLO, and your genetic picks are stellar!
I’ll be watching very carefully as I’m intrigued with your take on TLO Methodology.

:popcorn:
I do appreciate that bro, ill do my best to not miss anything.

Watered in the substrate and mulch media with fresh Aloe vera, yucca, EWC, Microbial Innoculant, Humic and Fulvic acid, lactobacillus serum and Trichoderma.

Building the double ended soaker manifold later today. Can't dial it in yet because the H20 sensor isn't within my target range for automated irrigation cycles. Once it is, then I'll purge the system and calibrate the sensors.
Currently at 22 mbar, ideal is 100. Also it's way to soon to put in plants. The soil needs to cook for another 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom