Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Wow! You've got enough seeds to last a lifetime there @dr.h00k !
I did the same thing last year, or maybe longer ago, but i was running 4 "feminized" seed varieties and had a ChemDD end up being a reg seed and full on male by mistake. Oops! Ended up getting pollen on my Sweet Pink Stink (Bubblegum × Purple Urkle) by CSI Humboldt, my Ethos Cookies, and Manderin Sunset (Herijuana × Orange Skunk) also by Ethos. I may need to try to run a few of them. But for now i just have them put away for a rainy day. ☺️👍

Looking REALLY GOOD in there Icemud! Everything looks good, green n' healthy! Sorry to hear that the pollen is aggravating the sinuses and getting your eyes itchy and all that. Kind of a bummer because i know how much that you enjoy your breeding projects and preserving your genetics and crosses. It really makes me wish that i had a little separate area and tent to make some seeds. Like right now ive got 4 females, 2 males- 1 is Nag Champa f-2 by @terp_fi3nd, and the other is a 33 Grand (Gelato33 × Hooliganz) Hooliganz (GDP × Runtz) by Savage Genetics.
And still have 1 of each of the above mentioned that still haven't showed sex. Its why i usually run fems. I hate raising them and caring for them all just to end up chucking approximately half of them, or more into the trash! Not to mention the amount of money spent on seeds! Sheesh! We wont even get started on that one.
I dont know. Maybe ill set something up in my garage later in the week. Have to put some more thought to it.
Anywho- thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated and informed my brother! And in case i dont talk to you in the next couple of days....i want to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! Have some smoke and enjoy the food and family! ☺️
I'll tell you what, you definitely could do 1 seed run and have enough seeds off 1 or 2 plants to never have to buy seeds again :) lol. depending on the plant size generally I get anywhere from 50 to a few hundred seeds or more per plant. The only thing with breeding/pollen chucking is its extremely addictive and a gateway to strain hoarding.. LOL.

I know the feeling of culling plants.. I hate doing it, even when they are males. Especially when you put a few months veg into it only to find out its male and now you have an open spot in the garden.. definitely know that feeling :)

I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving and enjoyed some family and festivities. Mine was relaxing and I made some delicious foods :) Now I have plenty of leftovers to last for a while :)

...couple shots of my first successful reversal and crossing...KillerA5 reversed and Gwaui, Bubba Hash along for the fun...

...also learned one has to be very careful in containing the pollen to the seed making area...the girlz in the other shed all have seeds to varying degrees...no biggie tho', as it's all personal, so a lil' more work in rolling a joint, but more seeds...glass half full... ;) ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...
What an amazing yield Dr Hook!!! Bravo my friend! You definitely have a ton of seeds now to have fun with :) the best things about making seeds I think is having options to pop a seed anytime you want to spin the genetic wheel and see what traits come through :)

Very very nicely done Dr Hook! Yea the Pollen gets everywhere...I've had to clean pretty much every surface within my growtent including the lights, fans, ducting, roof.. everything...LOL.

Well I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!!! very nice job on the seed harvest!

Well this 4 day holiday break went far too fast!!!! Great food, and lots of that thing that I like to do but never get enough of... relaxing.. yep.. thats it... did plenty of relaxing which felt great!

Well not much to report on other than the girls are looking good on day 31 of flowering from the flip. About half way to harvest time, meaning that right around the first or 2nd week of the new year will be harvest time :) hopefully I can maintain the plants health and have a strong finish on this grow :)

I did a little bud rub tonight on the 88g13hp and right now, although really early still, the strain did have some nice nose/smell to it, nothing particularly stood out but overall reminded me of how most 90's weed smelled, just a mix of skunky, dank, weed smell which was nice change of what currently is on the market. The terpenes weren't extremely strong or pungent, and nothing exotic but definitely a good familiar nostolgeic smell that reminded me of being young again :) lol.

I'm sure it will get stronger as the flowering continues, but even if it didn't, I'm pretty excited to see how frost this lady gets as its already showing very strong trichome production on the larger leaves :)

Well not much else to report on, so here are some pics :)

Looking good Icemud! Your description of the 88g13 hashplant sounds wonderful. I sooo miss those old school terps smells and flavors. I used to love the sticky green pine smelling weed with that really dank funky skunky smell and flavor! Please keep us updated on their progress. I for one am very interested in this grow and curious about what you end up with. I need to start trying to pop some beans and run something like that. Ive been running alot of newer stuff lately.

Hey Everyone, day 33 of flowering is here. I want to give a special Happy Birthday to my Dad today, who has been reading my journals for many years and shares the enthusiasm of my grows! Love ya Dad! Happy Birthday!

So the 88g13HP is doing rather well, and the buds are continuing to swell and trichomes continue to build up. I gave both females another brief rub and smell and I can definitely say the terpenes are becomming much more complex with a skunky/dank smell up front but with a slight sweet berry or artificial sweet smell to them as well. The small and much younger female smells even sweeter than the larger/older female.

Not much else to report on today but here are some pics :)

88G13HP:

Just wanted to send Birthday wishes to your dad Icemud. Happy Birthday to you sir! *tips hat*
Thank you Sparks!!! I know seeing the birthday wishes definitely made him smile :) Many times he sees everyone's posts before I get around to it!

Thank you everyone who wished my Dad a happy birthday! He checks my journal pretty much every day and many times lets me know you guys/gals posted something even before I get around to it :) I am so happy he shares my love for the cannabis plant! Thank you all for helping make his birthday special! I know he appreciates all of you for it :)

Looking good Icemud! Your description of the 88g13 hashplant sounds wonderful. I sooo miss those old school terps smells and flavors. I used to love the sticky green pine smelling weed with that really dank funky skunky smell and flavor! Please keep us updated on their progress. I for one am very interested in this grow and curious about what you end up with. I need to start trying to pop some beans and run something like that. Ive been running alot of newer stuff lately.
Hey Sparks! I definitely will try to keep frequent updates going with these :) I'm spending a lot more time this run caring for the plants and I think it shows. I've literally been waiting for 3+ years to pop these 88G13HP beans and so happy I did. I can't believe how frosty they are getting and how they are stacking and they still have half a flowering cycle to go still.

All of my plants actually are looking pretty good this run so I think my care, and better watering practices seem to be helping... lets hope the 2nd half of flowering goes as good as this one.

Yea I've been really loving exploring these old classics... I mean dont get me wrong, cookies, og kushes and cherry pie derivitave are very strong and I love them too, but something about these old school legendary plants and terpenes just intrigues me... I think this g13/hp project really will make for some nice crosses with the modern genetics I have in the tent like my Birthday Cake, Roasted Garlic Margy and Alien Antifreezes.... Hopefully it makes them stack more and adds frost to them :) lol

Hope you are having a great week my friend!

Hey everyone and happy Friday! Well today is day 36 of flowering (from the flip) in my 88G13HP (88' G13 x Hashplant) open pollen and seed breeding project aka pollen chucking party!

Hope everyone had a great week getting back into the swing of things after Turkey indulgence and all.... My old 2004 car decided to give me the middle finger today so I've been looking around at all the cars I can't afford today trying to determine if I should just get a unicycle and juggling balls to add to this clown world...LOL.. Kidding (sort of). LOL. Anyhow I needed a break from looking an decided.... lets do another update :)

So things are going really good this run so far and I have really tried to be careful with my feedings, not straying from the program (which I almost always do every grow) and just following the strict feeding schedule. This run I've been using Jacks Nutrients in the 3-2-1 program which I've seen a lot of growers recently using.

Since powdered ferts seem to be much better value than watered down bottled nutrients I picked up Jacks a while back and so far I really like how easy they are to use. Basically there are 2 parts, the general fertilizer which is part 1, calcium nitrate which is part 2, and the 3rd part is just drugstore epsom salt. I measured out the volume per gallon and use a 1 TSP measuring spoon, and its as simple is 3 TSP of part 1, 2 TSP of part 2, and 1 TSP of epsom salt.. and thats it.. In veg I was adding some superthrive, some enzymes and some bacteria/mycos but in flower I've only been using the 321, with 2 additional feedings (one on day 7 roughly, and 1 around day 30 of the jacks bloom booster which is a 10-30-20) and thats it. Instead of using pH up, I've been using my tap water which is a 8.6pH and usually I will add about 1 gallon of tap water to the 4 gallons of R/O water with nutrients and it almost perfectly balences out to right at around 6.5 (or so since I use the drops... its in the tan/green area..LOL).

Other than that I haven't even shaken the males lately, probably haven't since day 20 or so, mostly out of fear of my allergies and severe stuffy noses, sneezing attacks and miserable sinus but the girls are showing plenty of seeds forming so I think I will be culling the males very soon. (carefully with an N95 mask, safety glasses and a plastic bag to dispose of them) lol. I still will get allergies, but it helps minimize them a bit.

Well not much else to report on! Wish me luck in finding a good deal in this overpriced, super inflation driven recession for a new car... Or a shiny new unicycle :) LOL.

How about some pics!

88G13HP

Alien Antifreeze #3

Ogiesel

DJ Short Blueberry F4

Chocolate Thai #5

Harlequin

Roasted Garlic Margy

Black Cherry Soda

Trainwreck

Hey everyone and happy Friday! Well today is day 36 of flowering (from the flip) in my 88G13HP (88' G13 x Hashplant) open pollen and seed breeding project aka pollen chucking party!

Hope everyone had a great week getting back into the swing of things after Turkey indulgence and all.... My old 2004 car decided to give me the middle finger today so I've been looking around at all the cars I can't afford today trying to determine if I should just get a unicycle and juggling balls to add to this clown world...LOL.. Kidding (sort of). LOL. Anyhow I needed a break from looking an decided.... lets do another update :)

So things are going really good this run so far and I have really tried to be careful with my feedings, not straying from the program (which I almost always do every grow) and just following the strict feeding schedule. This run I've been using Jacks Nutrients in the 3-2-1 program which I've seen a lot of growers recently using.

Since powdered ferts seem to be much better value than watered down bottled nutrients I picked up Jacks a while back and so far I really like how easy they are to use. Basically there are 2 parts, the general fertilizer which is part 1, calcium nitrate which is part 2, and the 3rd part is just drugstore epsom salt. I measured out the volume per gallon and use a 1 TSP measuring spoon, and its as simple is 3 TSP of part 1, 2 TSP of part 2, and 1 TSP of epsom salt.. and thats it.. In veg I was adding some superthrive, some enzymes and some bacteria/mycos but in flower I've only been using the 321, with 2 additional feedings (one on day 7 roughly, and 1 around day 30 of the jacks bloom booster which is a 10-30-20) and thats it. Instead of using pH up, I've been using my tap water which is a 8.6pH and usually I will add about 1 gallon of tap water to the 4 gallons of R/O water with nutrients and it almost perfectly balences out to right at around 6.5 (or so since I use the drops... its in the tan/green area..LOL).

Other than that I haven't even shaken the males lately, probably haven't since day 20 or so, mostly out of fear of my allergies and severe stuffy noses, sneezing attacks and miserable sinus but the girls are showing plenty of seeds forming so I think I will be culling the males very soon. (carefully with an N95 mask, safety glasses and a plastic bag to dispose of them) lol. I still will get allergies, but it helps minimize them a bit.

Well not much else to report on! Wish me luck in finding a good deal in this overpriced, super inflation driven recession for a new car... Or a shiny new unicycle :) LOL.

How about some pics!

88G13HP

Alien Antifreeze #3

Ogiesel

DJ Short Blueberry F4

Chocolate Thai #5

Harlequin

Roasted Garlic Margy

Black Cherry Soda

Trainwreck
Sorry to hear about your car taking a crap on ya bud. That really friggin sucks. I still drive a little old 1998 Ford Ranger to my construction jobs everyday, well, when i have a job to go to. Lol! Shits been rough lately for me. Been laid off from my main gig for a more than a couple of months now and have been just doing 1-3 day side jobs of whatever i can get. And if anything ever happened to my old beater of a work truck id be straight up shit creek without a paddle for sure. So i definitely feel your pain. My wife is always telling me to get rid of it before it takes a shit on me and leaves me stranded one day but honestly i dont want a payment and definitely cant afford anything outright at the moment, because believe me ive looked around a lil bit and did not like what i had seen. For prices, that is. Hope fully something within your budget and price range pops up for you.
Your plants on the other hand really do look great! You can already see the tops have taken the pollen, as you've said, and the calyxes are already swelling with seeds. Very nice selection by the way. I always forget that you've still got that O'geisel, and Black Cherry Soda still. You've been running them for a good handful of years now. That 88G13 Hashplant should marry well with either of those, or the Chocolate Thai, or with anything for that matter! Lol! Looks killer so far! Got me wanting to look through my own seed stash to see if i cant find something of a little older in nature, yet still exotic (at least in my book) to run next!
But ive got so many other newer "hype" strains and crosses that i want to go through too...so....well you know. Same old story we all have. Not enough room...not enough time. Lol! 😁👍
Keep up the good fight Icemud!
Whether you know it or not...you're inspiring us other "homegrowers" to start make our own seed and preserve these genetics for future growers and smokers. Might as well while we can. Because i know you're at least old enough to remember the of totally illegal like i do, and who knows if we'll be able to get our hands on seeds and genetics in the future, as easily as we do now. Hopefully thats not the case and big pharma and the feds stay out of everyone's business. But i have a hunch that they're not getting patents and storing genetics just for shits and giggles.
Anywho- sorry for going off the reservation there. Lol! 😂 My mind goes to weird places when im smoking sometimes. I wish you the best of luck in your future automobile adventures. And worse case scenario ill put you in touch with a friend of a friend who's got a uni-cycle! 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

I, uh, I er, I um, OMIGAWD! I am trying to click my ruby shoes together to get back home to Toto and Auntie Em, but I don't really want to leave. Is this really today? Is Icemud a reincarnation of my dreams while I am still alive? Or is my tongue tied instead of my shoe laces? Holy fucking shit! This must be the land of Oz. How, how, how did this wonderful garden happen behind my back? I have been trudging through this community for the first time after a decade, sniffling a little (just my sensitive nature), thinking I am soooo out of step, thinking I am still an imposter, thinking the early,eager, desperate (ok, ok, yeah I am being slightly dramatic) newbie I used to be is kinda redundant and maybe even pathetic. :: trying my best to look forlorn:: Ad now? Here I am, smack dab in the center of a paradise my poor little newbie self didn't know enough to dream of! Congratulations, Icemud! Sucks about your car, for real, but...more tongue tied shoe laces ... what a ride you have!

Sorry to hear about your car taking a crap on ya bud. That really friggin sucks. I still drive a little old 1998 Ford Ranger to my construction jobs everyday, well, when i have a job to go to. Lol! Shits been rough lately for me. Been laid off from my main gig for a more than a couple of months now and have been just doing 1-3 day side jobs of whatever i can get. And if anything ever happened to my old beater of a work truck id be straight up shit creek without a paddle for sure. So i definitely feel your pain. My wife is always telling me to get rid of it before it takes a shit on me and leaves me stranded one day but honestly i dont want a payment and definitely cant afford anything outright at the moment, because believe me ive looked around a lil bit and did not like what i had seen. For prices, that is. Hope fully something within your budget and price range pops up for you.
Your plants on the other hand really do look great! You can already see the tops have taken the pollen, as you've said, and the calyxes are already swelling with seeds. Very nice selection by the way. I always forget that you've still got that O'geisel, and Black Cherry Soda still. You've been running them for a good handful of years now. That 88G13 Hashplant should marry well with either of those, or the Chocolate Thai, or with anything for that matter! Lol! Looks killer so far! Got me wanting to look through my own seed stash to see if i cant find something of a little older in nature, yet still exotic (at least in my book) to run next!
But ive got so many other newer "hype" strains and crosses that i want to go through too...so....well you know. Same old story we all have. Not enough room...not enough time. Lol! 😁👍
Keep up the good fight Icemud!
Whether you know it or not...you're inspiring us other "homegrowers" to start make our own seed and preserve these genetics for future growers and smokers. Might as well while we can. Because i know you're at least old enough to remember the of totally illegal like i do, and who knows if we'll be able to get our hands on seeds and genetics in the future, as easily as we do now. Hopefully thats not the case and big pharma and the feds stay out of everyone's business. But i have a hunch that they're not getting patents and storing genetics just for shits and giggles.
Anywho- sorry for going off the reservation there. Lol! 😂 My mind goes to weird places when im smoking sometimes. I wish you the best of luck in your future automobile adventures. And worse case scenario ill put you in touch with a friend of a friend who's got a uni-cycle! 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍
Hey Sparks... Yea I completely feel you with the state of the used car market right now... It absolutely horrid how much used cars cost right now. Like I'm trying to find a reliable car under 20k and one would think thats and easy task, but right now its really not... like I'm seeing 6 year old cars with over 100k miles and they still want 20k+ for them.... like wtf! and the cars with lower mileage under 20k are the cars with horrible reliability ratings... I was even looking to see If I can find a beater that just runs for now that will get me through the next year or 2 until hopefully the car market swings back to normal but even beaters people want like 12K for... crazy times! Its hard to say with your old truck which way I personally would go... I mean it runs right now so IMO I would wait until the used car market comes down a bit... but at the same time, if it were to break, you would be in my situation where you are without a ride... Hard call on that one... I was trying to have my car hold off on me for another 3 to 6 months as car prices are starting to come down, but unfortunately my car didn't have the same idea...LOL. oh well, I will figure it out. At least there is uber and luckilly I work from home half of the week so not too bad... I was reading that Pre-Covid the used car market had on average like 3.5 to 4.5 million cars at any given time, and right now, its only around 1.5 million so the demand is so much higher... that with the chip shortage, inflation and the world still recovering from supply chain issues and the rona... the used car prices come with a free enema and vasoline it seems like.

I'll figure it out... fingers crossed :)

Thanks for the compliments on the plants... I've really tried to not screw this grow up so hopefully now that we are getting to the final laps, I really am being careful with my watering and feedings and making sure to say on track :) Yea old strains definitely have some magic to them, but so do a lot of the new "hype" strains like the cookies and cherry pie deriivatives that seem to be the main focus right now... and for good reason.. they are so frosty, heavy and dense :)

Yea I agree with you on the making seeds and availability of these genetics.. The whole reason I started making seeds was really because I had strains like Black Cherry Soda that I just couldn't get rid of and was so special that I wanted to at least somewhat preserve the genetics for either my own personal use, or just to pull out 10 years down the road or more, when the industry has gone a different direction. Also with the commercialization of the market, and geneticists and greedy companies like monsanto gettting into the business, I expect that an entirely new world of cannabis genetics is coming soon... GMO, plant genetics patents, etc... and I wanted to reach out and find the legendary genetics bridging across multiple generations to preserve, cross and hold for future... I guess i could look at it as my 420k plan...my retirment investment. LOL>.

Well my friend! Have a wonderful day. Gotta sign off and get ready to catch an Uber :)

Back
Top Bottom