Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Looking good! "Its flower time!" Now the fun will really begin.
Im definitely still tagging along for the ride. šŸ˜šŸ‘
Hey Sparks! Yea I'm stoked about this 88G1HP! I wish I had more females but had a hard time germing them in hot soil. 3 males though on 1 female should offer some good variety in the genes and the crosses its going to make with my "mothers" i'm really stoked about too :) Hope that I get the grape pheno, but the way she smells, it might be straight 80s skunky dank :) Have a great day!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Well here is a very quick update but here are a few of my own breeding creations... brought to you by "Muddy Genes" aka Icemud the pollenchucker :)

I figure its finally time to get to see what all my work has go to offer. So here are a few creations I made in their early stages of veg.

Ogiesel x 79 Xmas Bud:

(GDP x Deep Chunk) x DJ short Blueberry F4

Have a great weekend everyone!

Both of those crosses sound really great! But i really think that the O'Geisel Ɨ X-mas bud is going to be something special, or at least something that id probably enjoy.
Im looking forward to see how these turn out.
Enjoy your Friday and the rest of your weekend Icemud! šŸ˜šŸ‘
I agree... I really want to focus on the kushses, pines and the blend of the 2 as I love that old pine flavor but love the pungency of kushes... so really hoping that it amazes me...

A buddy of mine grew out my birthday cake x chocolate thai and he is absolutely in awe of how insanely elite it is... so I think the mix of new genetics x old classics really is something special so hopefully it plays out in the ogiesel x xmas bud cross :)

I was hoping to have some Christmas bud to smoke by christmas, but doesn't look like I will be able to have that happen but still going to enjoy it anyhow :)

Have a great weekend yourself Sparks!

I co
I agree... I really want to focus on the kushses, pines and the blend of the 2 as I love that old pine flavor but love the pungency of kushes... so really hoping that it amazes me...

A buddy of mine grew out my birthday cake x chocolate thai and he is absolutely in awe of how insanely elite it is... so I think the mix of new genetics x old classics really is something special so hopefully it plays out in the ogiesel x xmas bud cross :)

I was hoping to have some Christmas bud to smoke by christmas, but doesn't look like I will be able to have that happen but still going to enjoy it anyhow :)

Have a great weekend yourself Spark

Have a great weekend yourself Sparks!
I totally agree with your description of that old school pine flavor with something a little more funky maybe even skunky mixed in with the kush. But then the O'geisel has some skunk in it too. So yeah, got me drooling over here already just thinking about it! Lol! šŸ¤£
That Chocolate Thai Ɨ Wedding Cake sounds delicious too. And i agree that by mixing the newer genetic crosses back to something a little older or a little more muddied up per say, should make for something special. Just my opinion so it dont mean much but im glad to see that you were kinda thinking along the same lines.
I will continue to be watching this one closely. šŸ˜šŸ‘

Today makes day 9 of flowering on my 88G13HP open pollination and seed pollenchucking project!

All of the plants are looking really good since I've slightly changed my watering method. Instead of using PH up to raise the pH of the feedings, I add plain tap water to to the R/O water and nutrients until the pH comes up.

Not sure if its the calcium, or the micronutrients, or maybe the chloramines/chlorine that is helping my plant be healthier but so far this method is working quite well. I also wasn't using a fan in previous flowering runs and I turned my fan back on which is most likely another huge factor.

The stem rub on these girls smells a ton!!! I'm getting baby poo, match sulfur, skunk and very very potent terps so far! All of the plants are very similar smelling but each has its own slight variation...

Not much else to report at this time so how about some pics!!!

The 3 on the right are males, and the 1 single female is on the left.

Here is the female:

Today makes day 9 of flowering on my 88G13HP open pollination and seed pollenchucking project!

All of the plants are looking really good since I've slightly changed my watering method. Instead of using PH up to raise the pH of the feedings, I add plain tap water to to the R/O water and nutrients until the pH comes up.

Not sure if its the calcium, or the micronutrients, or maybe the chloramines/chlorine that is helping my plant be healthier but so far this method is working quite well. I also wasn't using a fan in previous flowering runs and I turned my fan back on which is most likely another huge factor.

The stem rub on these girls smells a ton!!! I'm getting baby poo, match sulfur, skunk and very very potent terps so far! All of the plants are very similar smelling but each has its own slight variation...

Not much else to report at this time so how about some pics!!!

The 3 on the right are males, and the 1 single female is on the left.

Here is the female:

Shouldnt be too much longer for this girl to show her afro tops and then soon after she'll be impregnated for sure. šŸ˜šŸ‘

Shouldnt be too much longer for this girl to show her afro tops and then soon after she'll be impregnated for sure. šŸ˜šŸ‘
As of about 2 days ago they really have started to shed their pollen. So thankful I'm not as allergic to this pollen as the Chocolate thai.. :) lol

Already have signs of the females taking on some pollen :) I will update some more pics hopefully later tonight.

Have a great day!

As of about 2 days ago they really have started to shed their pollen. So thankful I'm not as allergic to this pollen as the Chocolate thai.. :) lol

Already have signs of the females taking on some pollen :) I will update some more pics hopefully later tonight.

Have a great day!
You allergic too? I got some in an eye once! Don't do that! It's hard to describe what happens! :hookah:

You allergic too? I got some in an eye once! Don't do that! It's hard to describe what happens! :hookah:
I think its mostly Thai pollen that I'm allergic too... man when I did my chocolate thai, and even my blueberry (which has thai in it) even wearing an N-95 mask the pollen would get in and I would have sneeze fits for 30 minutes, my eyes would itch and my throat would feel closed up and itchy...... but with most other strains, it hardly bothers me other than 1 or 2 sneezes.... and thats without a mask... So If I ever do thai males again, or males with thai in them, I need to wear a tyvek suit and scuba mask..LOL.

That right there made also confirmed what I already knew that masks, even n95 were worthless against the "co-vid" as its about 1/10th to 1/100th the particle size of pollen... :)

Quick photo update: Day 14 flowering (from the flip)

The males are really dropping pollen now by the clouds! The females are all showing signs they are receiving the pollen.

Female:

Males:

Quick photo update: Day 14 flowering (from the flip)

The males are really dropping pollen now by the clouds! The females are all showing signs they are receiving the pollen.

Female:

Males:
Wow! Did you putthe males and females into flower at the same time? Or did you start the males a bit sooner? Just trying to learn something in case i ever feel like "intentionally" making seeds.

Wow! Did you putthe males and females into flower at the same time? Or did you start the males a bit sooner? Just trying to learn something in case i ever feel like "intentionally" making seeds.
Generally I always put them into flower at the same time but depending on the strains sometimes the males will already show pollen sacks in late veg, like the 88g13HP did. On some grows i've even had where some of the males show in veg and the others wait until flowering. Generally though I put them all in together at the same time.

I've heard different things from breeder podcasts on the topic. Some say don't use the early flowering males... Some say to cut back the early flowering males pollen sacks so that you don't get an abundance of the early pollen impregnating the females where the later flowering pollen sacks don't really get any "love"

I try to rotate every few days which male I "shake" over the females to help spread the variety, so usually every few days I will go into the tent and grab a different male first and shake it over the females, just to help spread the different males evenly.

When I flower both at the same time, the males almost always are ready to drop pollen a few days to almost a week or more before the females and seem to have enough pollen to keep spreading it for about 3-4 weeks into flowering which usually is where I will pull the males out and let the females then just do their thing.

I also found out that I'm quite allergic to 88g13hp pollen too.... so either i'm just becomming more sensitive to all strains pollen, or there is thai in this strains lineage... man last night I was doing some defolation and put up my trellis net as the girls were flopping.. my eyes were so itchy, arms itchy, nose was running and sneeze attacks... LOL. Love making seeds but the pollen part not so much.. lol

Hey everyone!

Today is day 19 flowering (from the flip) in my 88G13HP open pollen seed project. The girls are all looking really healthy. The other day I did a mild defoliation to remove a lot of the fan leaves that were crowding the canopy and blocking light. I also added my trellis which is nice for the larger more lanky plants to keep them in their place and from falling all over the tent.

Other than that, pollen is falling by the cloud, so I managed to shake all 3 plants the last couple days over the girls and definitely all of the strains are showing they are receiving pollen.

Well not to much else to report today! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

A RARE photo of my entire tent...

88G13HP

Hey everyone! Today is day 25 of flowering (From the flip) in my 88G13HP (hashplant) open pollen and seed project grow. Everything is going well and the plants seem to really be taking off. The pollen is flying off the males in clouds and it definitely affirmed that my allergies are bad to cannabis pollen. Wow.. I had to pick up some antihistomines to take each time I go into the tent until I cull the males which will probably be in 2 weeks.

I am very very impressed with the trichome development so far on the 88G13HP, as it shows not only the buds but the leaves are just getting coated with tricomes this early in flowering, which is a great sign.

The other strains in the project are also looking really good and it seems my new watering technique and the added circulation fan is helping a lot.

not much else to report on today, so how about some pics!

88G13HP:

Harlequin:

Trainwreck:

Chocolate Thai:

Hey everyone! Today is day 25 of flowering (From the flip) in my 88G13HP (hashplant) open pollen and seed project grow. Everything is going well and the plants seem to really be taking off. The pollen is flying off the males in clouds and it definitely affirmed that my allergies are bad to cannabis pollen. Wow.. I had to pick up some antihistomines to take each time I go into the tent until I cull the males which will probably be in 2 weeks.

I am very very impressed with the trichome development so far on the 88G13HP, as it shows not only the buds but the leaves are just getting coated with tricomes this early in flowering, which is a great sign.

The other strains in the project are also looking really good and it seems my new watering technique and the added circulation fan is helping a lot.

not much else to report on today, so how about some pics!

88G13HP:

Harlequin:

Trainwreck:

Chocolate Thai:

Looking REALLY GOOD in there Icemud! Everything looks good, green n' healthy! Sorry to hear that the pollen is aggravating the sinuses and getting your eyes itchy and all that. Kind of a bummer because i know how much that you enjoy your breeding projects and preserving your genetics and crosses. It really makes me wish that i had a little separate area and tent to make some seeds. Like right now ive got 4 females, 2 males- 1 is Nag Champa f-2 by @terp_fi3nd, and the other is a 33 Grand (Gelato33 Ɨ Hooliganz) Hooliganz (GDP Ɨ Runtz) by Savage Genetics.
And still have 1 of each of the above mentioned that still haven't showed sex. Its why i usually run fems. I hate raising them and caring for them all just to end up chucking approximately half of them, or more into the trash! Not to mention the amount of money spent on seeds! Sheesh! We wont even get started on that one.
I dont know. Maybe ill set something up in my garage later in the week. Have to put some more thought to it.
Anywho- thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated and informed my brother! And in case i dont talk to you in the next couple of days....i want to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! Have some smoke and enjoy the food and family! ā˜ŗļøāœŒ

...couple shots of my first successful reversal and crossing...KillerA5 reversed and Gwaui, Bubba Hash along for the fun...

...also learned one has to be very careful in containing the pollen to the seed making area...the girlz in the other shed all have seeds to varying degrees...no biggie tho', as it's all personal, so a lil' more work in rolling a joint, but more seeds...glass half full... ;) ...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom