Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Noice color on those plants! :thumb:

And congrats on the new position. Office eh? As long as they can tear themselves away from their phones long enough to hear other people speak ... :confused: I hear way too many huh?s. Huh? Huh?

I miss the 20th Century.

Noice color on those plants! :thumb:

And congrats on the new position. Office eh? As long as they can tear themselves away from their phones long enough to hear other people speak ... :confused: I hear way too many huh?s. Huh? Huh?

I miss the 20th Century.
Thanks Graytail!!! Yea the plants really do look beautiful color... I think its a result of the all blue LED's I was using in my veg tent which seems to give the plants an almost neon vibrant green color as well as the Jacks 3-2-1 nutrients I recently switched over to.

I would use the all blue LED's for all of my veg, but the only problem is it causes a lot of stretch, which can be good or bad. I currently was using them to accelerate the slower growing plants to become taller which did seem to work well. They really do an amazing job on veg (minus the stretch factor).

Also the Jacks 3-2-1 I really am liking a lot... I measured out the dosing to a 5 gallon feeding, and its 3 tsp of part 1, 2tsp of part 2 and 1 tsp of epsom salt and thats it... super easy. I do still add my enzymes, microbes/mycos and superthrive (in veg), but wow the Jacks is pretty incredible.

Thanks for the congrats!!! Yea its going to be different going back into an office, but I definitely have spent a LOT of money kind of coasting over the past 2 years so glad to be back to having income streams come in other than my dividends...lol

I too miss the 20th centry... I feel really sad for the youth and kids that have to grow up in todays world. Everything is so vastly different now and "cold" and impersonal compared to 25+ years ago...

I hope all is going well with you Graytail!!! Thanks for stopping by as always and for the congrats.. Very much appreciated!

Quick update time...

So out of the 7 candidates, looking for the next male pollen donor I had:
1 Pine Tar Kush (CSI)
3 Roasted Garlic Margy (cannarado)
3 Alien Antifreeze (mycotek)

The Pine tar Kush as of today showed it was a male, so I decided since it wasn't the main focus (looking for a kush/chem BX) then it was not going to make the cut, so the PTK was culled today.

I also found out that 1 of the Alien Antifreeze is a for sure male, and the other 2 look to be female but no definitive signs yet... So being that I really wanted the Alien Antifreeze to be the male donor as I am looking for a Gassy/Fuel terps chem or OG, then the male donor for the next seed project will be Alien Antifreeze. This will cross really nice with my other gassy strains such as GG4, Private Reserve OG and Ogiesel.

So far 1 of the Roasted Garlic Margy was a male for sure, and it looks like a 2nd one also might be a male... I decided to cull the for sure male and I will keep a watchful eye on the other 2 to make sure no males make the cut. I decided against the Roasted Garlic Margy being a pollen donor as there was too many crosses in its lineage and it has cookies in it, and I really don't want any cookies in my garden at this time. I like cookies, don't get me wrong, but everything is saturated with cookies in the market so I want something else.

All of the remaining "mothers" were cloned tonight and moved over to the flowering tent, and I will be going directly into flowering with them, since the Alien Antifreeze and Roasted Garlic margy are already about 1 week into flowering, since I flipped them early to show sex.

Also a new edition to my tent this run is a nice 2x4 bungie trellis.... forever I've struggled with my taller strains flopping all over my shorter strains so hopefully this will help to give them support as they get larger into flowering.

Well thats all, no photos with this update.

Hope everyone has an excellent holiday weekend!

Quick update on my Alien Antifreeze seed project.

So as flowering progressed, Roasted Garlic Margy (pheno 2) ended up being a hermie... On some nodes it was showing white pistils and on other branches the nodes were showing balls/pollen sacks. Because of this I destroyed pheno 2 as no hermies allowed in my garden! lol

So as of now I have:
1 Roasted Garlic Margy female
2 Alien Antifreeze females
1 Alien Antifreeze male

This will work well as I'm happy the hermi showed itself early and saved a wasted project if i would have missed it.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but this project will also be the end of the line for 2 of my mother plants.... Quite honestly I really don't want to get rid of any of the strains, but I have too many and I really want to focus on the elites... So, this will be the end of the line for my GDP and my Deep Chunk x GDP that I made. The main reason I am getting rid of these is that the GDP and cross, both grow extremely slow and are very very tempermental.. Too much water, too little water, too many nutrients, too little nutrients... never happy and about 1/4 the size of all of my other plants. I LOVE the norcal "purps" terps and flavor, which really makes me not want to get rid of these, but I have to make room and only can keep strains that are elite in ALL ways and are producers as well as easy to grow... So the GDP and GDP x Deep Chunk will be pollinated by the alien Antifreeze and I did not take clones of them to continue forward....

I've made enough crosses with both that I can always bring them back (somewhat) in the future. I am definitely proud of the GDP x deep chunk I made as it's terpenes are some of the most pungent and best tasting I've ever made... (think Purps with extreme fruit punch flavor)

Well Cheers to thinning out the herd...

And now... we present... on day 10 flowering (except the Roasted Garlic Margy and Alien antifreeze which are on day 13) +3 days... (they were started early)

So the Alien Antifreeze male is just starting to drop pollen. its defintely not releasing as much pollen as other strains that I have grown, but it is still early. Once good thing I noticed is that when I shook the plant, I didn't sneeze or itch... so I'm hoping that my allergy is just to Thai Strains, but only time will tell.

Roasted Garlic Margy and Alien Antifreeze:
The RGM and AA are now showing full flowering and looking beautiful.

• AA pheno 3 definitely has much larger and fuller flowers than AA pheno 2, but pheno 2 also has more branches which would make sense on why the flowers are less full.
  • RGM also looks very full for flowering and I can tell its going to have some nice buds on it the way it is stacking up.
  • I haven't done a stem rub in a while so I'm probably going to wait about a week or so and then see what kind of terps they are developing early off in flowering. When I brush them they defintiely smell kushy/skunky/gassy which is exactly what I am looking for... I want it smelling like Pepe Le Pew ran through a kerosine factory.

Other Mothers:
All of the other "mothers" are just starting to show signs of flowering since they are about 3 days behind the others, but all are looking really good. I'm having 2nd thoughts on getting rid of my GDP on this grow, so I may decide to take a single clone of it before it gets too far along in flowering, but I am still waiting on it... those norcal purps terps are so hard to find, it would be a shame to lose them... so we will see.

The plants in the photos look a little droopy as they are needing their next feeding which i will give them tonight.

Roasted Garlic Margy:

Alien Antifreeze: Pheno 3

Alien Antifreeze Pheno 2

Alien Antifreeze male:

Blueberry A3 pheno (blueberry syrup terps):

Hey Everyone!!! good morning! Well today I'm up early as I start my new job in the aerospace industry.... Kind of excited, a slight bit nervous and overall not thrilled to be going back to an office after 3 1/2 years from working at home and such... BUT... it means $$$$ coming in again which is good :) Wish me luck!!!

Anyhow... Today is day 15 of flowering for my mothers and day 18 for the Alien Antifreeze and Roasted Garlic Margy. The RGM and AA are now in full flowering and already are showing signs of the seeds starting to form as the male has been putting out clouds of pollen now when I shake it. The good news is that I am only very very slightly allergic to the pollen this run, so i think that I must be allergic to Thai strains particularly as they are the only ones that have caused intense allergic reactions (blueberry included).

The Roasted Garlic Margy really is forming up nicely and the trichome formation looks like it is going to be excellent. The Alien Antifreeze is also really looking good, one pheno has less tops so the bud formation is much larger on that pheno, and the pheno with more tops is also filling in quite nicely.

Very oddly the other day after shaking the plants I was on my phone and saw a bug come off my finger and start crawling on the screen. Well after inspecting it with my 30 lupe, it looks like a spider mite... CRAP! I've only had them 1x before so immediately I hit the girls with a neem oil and spinosad spray, as well as put some spinosad in the watering/feeding and did a root drench. Spinosad (although not allowed in the legal market) works really well for spider mites, is organic, and can be uptaken through the roots (in experiments with tomatos) so hopefully it works well here. I didn't seen any leaf spots or signs of any infestation so I am hoping that it came off of me from walking outside near some bushes or something, but I didn't want to take any risks so I will be using some rotations of insecticidal soap, neem, mite spray and spinosad as its best to approach it in a multi part process. Shouldn't be bad but just want to make sure they are all gone quickly.

Other than that... Here are some photos:

Roasted Garlic Margy:

Alien Antifreeze Male:

Alien Antifreeze

Alien Antifreeze.

Good Luck with the new job(and the pests)...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:
Thank you Dr. Hook! first day was... well very long but I made it through.. LOL.

Yea hopefully those nasty spider mites ate a ton of spinosad :) lol

Hope all is well with you!!!

Happy Fathers Day to all the Amazing Fathers out there!!!!! Yep Dad!!! I love you and I'm extremely proud to be your son and happy you share a love of cannabis with me!!!

So here is to all the amazing fathers out there! Thank you for your sacrifice, dedication, and for everything you do!!!

So quick update,

Today Makes day 25 flowering (for the alien and roasted garlic margy) and day 22 for the other mothers in my tent. Things are moving along quite nicely so far. All of the plants now are in full flowering with the Alien Antifreeze and Roasted Garlic margy really showing off some nice bud formation and seed formation, as well as some really nice trichomes!

The roasted garlic margy has a very traditional OG kush terps, with a nice skunky backend on the smell. One of the Alien Antifreeze also is very classic OG Kush terps while the other has more of a kerosene/fuel terps mixed with classic OG... really nice smelling and great plants so far!!!

The male alien antifreeze is really starting to let off some pollen now. About every 2-3 day I will pick the male up and shake it over the females, making sure to rotate the heaviest pollen drops over each section of the tent. All of the females are showing lots of seeds already forming. This should be a rather epic project! I'm really happy how things are turning out.

For IPM I gave the girls a foliar spray of some very dilluted nutrients, along with some spinosad and insecticidal soap making sure to coat the plants from soil to tops and cover all leaves best I could. I have not seen any other spider mites or damage at all, so I'm almost certain I caught it early enough but I will continue to monitor the plants for any signs of pests.

I gave the girls a full strenght feeding of Jacks 321 yesterday as they were looking a little saggy, unfortunately I must have overwatered a few of them on the previous feeding as I do see some slight leaf discoloration on some of the more finicky mothers, but its ok as they will be fine as long as I quit rushing feedings...

Well not much else to report today! Happy Fathers day to all the amazing dads out there!!! Including mine!!!

Roasted Garlic Margy

Alien Antifreeze

Alien Antifreeze

Your nute mix is definitely on point. Beautiful shine and turgidity!

:thumb:

Your nute mix is definitely on point. Beautiful shine and turgidity!

:thumb:
Thank you Graytail!!! I've been using this Jacks 321 and it's amazing. Also I have tried to pay more attention to the volume of water I am feeding. I always would "drench" the soil each feeding and always was running into issues. Now I give much less volume, and watch the plants to see when they need water and its definitely improved the plant health.

Also I do a full strength feeding, usually this drains half of my 5 gallon bucket so then I fill it back up with R/O water but don't add any nutrients, so its been full strength, half strength, full strength..etc...

Still learning with the watering... its tough to keep so many strains happy all at once as each one has different needs and water usage.

Thanks for the compliments!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!

Well... I did it again.... I popped 5 seeds last night into water to get them cracked open.....

Any guesses what seeds I popped?

Here are some clues:
The strain is very hard to find
It was released with the intent that nobody profited off the strain itself
Mostly indica if not pure indica
One of the parents has a mysterious history....

Any guesses?

Well due to the overwhelming amount of guesses..... :laugh::laugh: We will reveal the next strain up for a seed project.

This one I have been wanting to do for a long long time, and I think this will be one of my final seed projects for a while until I thin out some strains, as well as do another flower run.. as I'm sick of overpriced, undergrown dispensary bud...

Well... the next seed project will be.... drumroll please!!!!

88 G13 Hasplant!!! yep.. the myth, the legend, the elite... the one and only 88 G13HP..!!!!

Every single photo of this strain I look at shows huge buds, dense colas, frost everywhere and because of its legendary status, I couldn't wait any longer. This will be the cross upon crosses :)

Super excited about this one!

Well I popped 5 beans into water the other day (will pop more once my current project finishes up and I can select phenos from the alien antifreeze, but all 5 seeds cracked in water overnight and as of last night are in soil :) Generally for a strain like this I would want to have more variety, so I have to look over what strains I have (Mothers) and decided which ones I'm going to keep and which I may get rid of. I decided to keep my GDP for a little longer as its just very rare, and the purps terps are one of my favorites.

Well happy Friday everyone!!!! and BTW.. hooray for 2A! and the recent supreme court decision!

Quick photo update: Day 28 flowering (from 12/12 flip)

The girls are looking really nice so far, very impressed with both the alien antifreeze and the roasted garlic margy. All of them have the familiar OG Kush terps with one of the alien antifreeze phenos having a slightly more chem leaning terps with a sweeter fuel. The roasted garlic margy is mostly a old school og kush smell with hints of dough and sweet behind it. The other alien antifreeze smells like traditional og kush.

They all are looking quite frosty for mid flowering and are in like with my frostier strains like trainwreck and gg4. Definitely impressed with both of them and exited to see how they finish out the 2nd half of flowering. Gave them a little bit of a hot dose of nutrients the other day and foliar spray as well but they all remained rather uneffected where some of my other strains definitely showed stress. A good sign :)

Well here are the pics:

Roasted Garlic Margy

Alien Antifreeze

Alien Antifreeze:

Hey all, sorry I haven't updated in a while.... started my new job a few weeks ago so getting adjusted to the hours and work life again... which I actually enjoy quiet a bit! Unfortunately the evil Rona got me... so I've been fighting it since Friday and although I am getting better each day, havent had much energy to do anything but watch movies and let my body heal. I'm ok though and slowly getting better so hopefully the healing continues in that direction :) feels like an extremely bad hangover with a super high fever. The headache and brain fog were the worst but that seems to be over now and I just have this lingering fever and body temp regulation is still all funky...

The alien antifreeze project is looking really good and getting close to finish. We are currently on day 47 of flowering so about another 3 weeks I think and they should be ready to harvest, but really will depend on when the seeds are ripe.

I will try to get some photos once I am back to 100% healthy again... which hopefully will be soon :) I found a "hookup" for those "forbidden" rona perscips so I think I may get those going tomorrow to speed up the process. :)

Get Well Soon...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k
Thank you Dr. Hook! Everyday has been good progress towards fully recovered :) appreciate the good wishes :)

Just a very quick update... Well I whooped that Rona's azz! lol. symptoms only lasted about 3-4 days but slight fever lasted about 1 week and took me almost 2 weeks to test negative, even though most of it I had no symptoms... Anyhow, back to life, work and feeling 100% again! Lots of vitamins, liquids and sleep was key... Vitamins C and D3 (high doses), Quercetin, Zinc, Andrographis, EGCG and Tribulus Terresteris were my go-to supplments (each with peer reviewed research backing their use) and lots of green/black tea, orange juice and water.... ibproffin for headaches and fever was magical...

So anyhow, back to the regular scheduled program....

The alien antifreeze grow: Well we are now swinging into day 56 of flowering (from the flip) and I hate to say it, but the plants look awful... I don't know what has been going on with my last few grows, but it seems like late flowering, the leaves want to turn brown and die and some of the buds too... So far just my ogiesel got hit really hard, as well as my Roasted Garlic Margy but all of the seeds should be ok...

I am beginning to think that maybe I should wash and sterilize my pots inbetween grows, as I think maybe its some kind of root rot or root disease that hits them, and spreads plant to plant. I've checked for pests and didn't find any so I don't think its pest related. I think it has to do with my watering schedule, as well as the roots maybe not getting enough airflow so I think I am going to pick up some plant risers to help keep the pots off the bottoms of the saucers which will help with drainage and airflow.

Also I haven't had a circulation fan worth a crap in my tent for a while so I will be picking up a nice fan for the next run to really help the girls transpire as that also may be a big issue with poor airflow.

Either way, the seeds themselves will be fine but the plants definitely don't look very good at all... and its happened to the last 3 or 4 grows or more... so I really think its a combo of poor airflow, wet roots and possibly a root pathogen...

Other than that the plants are bulking up quite a bit and there are a ton of seeds forming.

Well hope all is well with everyone!!!! Have a great weekend!

I am beginning to think that maybe I should wash and sterilize my pots inbetween grows, as I think maybe its some kind of root rot or root disease that hits them, and spreads plant to plant. I've checked for pests and didn't find any so I don't think its pest related. I think it has to do with my watering schedule, as well as the roots maybe not getting enough airflow so I think I am going to pick up some plant risers to help keep the pots off the bottoms of the saucers which will help with drainage and airflow.

Also I haven't had a circulation fan worth a crap in my tent for a while so I will be picking up a nice fan for the next run to really help the girls transpire as that also may be a big issue with poor airflow.
Yeah, odd how we get all casual and lazy about some of the basics, right? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had a similar problem on my last couple grows. They'd get dry and scraggly, even though the buds were great. I think mine was a ph shift in the soil - salts n stuff building up.

But I had lousy upper canopy circulation too, and I wasn't very good about timing the waterings, and I couldn't control humidity ... etc.

Buds kept turning out great though, so ... *shrug*

:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom