Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Sounds like a lovely dream and something that i think you'd not only be good at, but it'd be something that i know you would truly enjoy!
Very True! mixing music and growing/smoking cannabis are to things my heart truly loves.

Nice to see ya still at it my old friend. I'm back for good on here now with a new journal. My old ways (tiny space, low budget and I'll be training em hard.
Here to learn all I can from an old hand at this game. :passitleft:
So glad to you still around Light Addict! I havent been too active over here lately but i am still definitely doing my thing. Good to see some of the older members and people that ive followed for years still chiming in.
😊🙏

Hope everyone is well!

Not much to update since I've been procrastinating on getting the next project going...

Well, my Birthday Cake S1 died... I had a very unhealthy clone that never really took off and so that strain will no longer be in my future projects (for now). I do have 2 more fem seeds of it. I made plenty of amazing crosses with it though so happy that I was able to really get some good use of it. I'm really a fan of the cake strains. Potent and extremely frosty, and the sweet batter terps are kind of nice too :)

1 of 2 of my Xmas Bud x Ogiesels started to shows some early balls while still in veg, so I culled it. Normally if I was doing a seed project I would have kept it but since the next run is a flower run, I culled it. I have to say though... HOLY MOLEY what a stinky plant it was. It smelled like Pepe Le Pew ate Taco Bell and exploded in a field of kush.

Other than that... debating what strains will be kept moving forward and which may get final run. I think the black cherry and harlequin might be on their final stretch. I've had them for almost 8 years I think and they have produced many offspring. I also have S-1s of the Black Cherry.

Also considering letting go of the GDP. I love GDP, but GDP doesn't love me. It the worst strain I have in my grow for health, its always probematic, yields shitty, but those terps are something else....

Still deciding but just over having so many strains to keep up with.

Hey everyone, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you all had some spirit of the Irish in ya, or at least had a great meal or good get togethers. I made some really amazing corned beef, cabbage, potatos and rolls and it was delicious!

I think this good hearty dinner gave me energy to get some cloning done, clean up the plants and get them into the flowering tent.

I set the lights to 14d10Night right now in the flowering tent. Since I cloned some of the plants I want to give them a good week before I flip into flowering.

So I was looking on cutting some genetics out of the garden. As I mentioned I lost the Birthday Cake S1 as the clone I took never really was healthy and it struggled. It was a dank strain and I made a to of crosses with it, so its progeny will be in the mix in the near future.

I also decided this was the last run for my GDP (Granddaddy Purple) I love this strain and searched high and low back in 2014 and 2015 to find a real cut of it. Well I've had it since then and its been an amazing strain to cross things into as the GDP x Deep chunk had the "purple" terps and flavor so it carried its genes well. The only thing I really hate about this plant is it always is not happy. Too much water, too little water, too hot of nutes, to weak of nutes.. it never really wants to take off, especially after I top it. So after much deliberation, this flowering run will be the last for this one.

The 88G13HP pheno that I ran in the flowering run was good, but it wasn't amazing and I know there is more magic within those seeds I will have to hunt. So this pheno will be the last run for it. I do have another pheno which I also used in the seed run and it was much more frosty, sticky and the terps were amazing so I kept that one. This pheno will get flowered out. I really do like the structure of this plant though. It really looks like something you would see in Afghanistan or surrounding regions. Definitely has that hashplant look.

I was also debating weather or not to keep the GG4, Black Cherry Soda, and Harlequin. I did end up cloning them for now but may decide later that this is the last run.

The harelequin was a hard decision for me, But I made clones for now. Something about having a CBD strain in the garden I really like. It truly works for pain and is a mild medicinal high so I don't really want to part with it yet. Plus it has those tennis ball, new shoes, asphalt terps which are just so incredible.

The black cherry soda I might make the last run since I have a bunch of S1 seeds I made of it. The only think that made me clone it is the absolutely amazing terps. Even just pruining it tonight, my hands reaked like cherry pez candy. I just can't get rid of this one.... LOL. I've had it probably since 2012 or 2013 and there is nothing like its terps.

Gorilla Glue 4 was also a potential that I was thinking about parting with, but I kept for now. Its just an incredible strain all around. Its easy to grow, its very greasy/terpy and delicious, its frosty as all heck. The only reason I was considering getting rid of it was that I've had it for a long time and bred a lot with it... but I know its the original cut by the leaf curl in the fans so I can't part with the original cut just yet.

I also will be keeping OGiesel, Chocolate Thai #5, DJ Short Blueberry #A3 which is the one with the blueberry waffel syrup terps. I also am keeining for now the Alien Antifreeze #2 ant definitely Trainwreck is staying around for longer.

Alien Antifreeze #2 (Mycotek)
This plant is really a nice easy to grow plant. It has nice internode lengths, good node spacing, and not too lanky but a good overall size and structure. I ran it in a previous BX seed project as well as hit it with 88G13HP pollen last project. #2 really had a good traditional OG kush funk to it, mixed with a really sweet Chem and Gas terps that was very potent. I want to keep this around for a while to make some more future crosses (If I like how it smokes) so this is a test to see how I like the flower. If I like it, it may stay around for a while.

OGiesel:
Ogiesel I have had since probably 2012 or so and its my go to strain if I want to take 2 hits and wake up 4 hours later from a deep fetal position with drool everywhere. Its a very heavy hitter and shares a nice terpene blend of West Coast OG Kush,, and Skunk of the 90s.

Durban Poison: I popped a single Durban Poison seed that I got from Hazeman. I believe these are F2's he made. This is just a test run to see what I can get out of a single seed and what kind of attributes it has. I haven't had durban poison in many years, and never have grown it but I have seen so many talk highly of it, I wanted to see how it smokes as I hear its very potent and almost trippy but uplifting.

So the all new Icemud. "Muddy Genes Beans" Genetics that will be tested this round are:

(GDP x Deep Chunk) x DJ Short Blueberry F4 (my selected pheno of Blueberry Syrup terps)

So this started as a random seed popped of my GDP x Deep Chunk to test it out and it ended up being a very stout, slower growing indica looking plant with a very fat stalky bud that was extremely dense and it had the most amazing Nocral "purple" terps mixed with a deep velvety sweet orange terps. The high was so complex and almost trippy and dreamlike I knew I had to clone it and keep it. I used it in a few open pollen projects and with the blueberry phenos all being very good in all perspectives, I really think this cross will be very terpy, delicious and I think the Thai influence in the blueberry will blend nice with the trippy indica high.

OGiesel x 79 Xmas Bud
What Can I say other than I'm extremely excited about this one. I really think the pine terps from the 79 Xmas Bud will really enhance the Ogiesel and with the less "worked" Xmas Bud there might be some genetic goodies hiding in the depths of it. One of 2 seeds I popped ended up being a male so I culled it. It stunk up my entire house, and smelled of a skunks butt in a field of kush. Just amazing. So I really think this could have great potential.

Well I will be giving the plant about 1 week under 14/10 lighting and then will be flipping them over to flowering. Hopefully I cleaned up all the pollen good enough so I don't get any seeds but i guess it will be a good test also to see how sterile I have been keeping it :) I think I've been doing wonders with everything getting washed with bleach water each grow.

Well cheers everyone and feel free to follow along as I do my 1st flower run in a while. Normally when I do flower runs I use 5 gallon pots but I don't have room right now for that so the 2 gallon one will have to do :) I will try to do my best this run and keep them healthy :) I gave them an organic bloom booster today with their normal grow nutrients to start edging them in that direction.

I also decided this was the last run for my GDP (Granddaddy Purple) I love this strain and searched high and low back in 2014 and 2015 to find a real cut of it. Well I've had it since then and its been an amazing strain to cross things into as the GDP x Deep chunk had the "purple" terps and flavor so it carried its genes well. The only thing I really hate about this plant is it always is not happy. Too much water, too little water, too hot of nutes, to weak of nutes.. it never really wants to take off, especially after I top it. So after much deliberation, this flowering run will be the last for this one.
Maybe try one more run in a SIP. Automatic watering since the plant waters itself. If you really love that cut, maybe try a different approach?

Thanks Ice! Love it!
I plan on some sex reversals later this year to preserve some special African sativas.
This is my guide ala @InTheShed via @Virgin Ground:

Here are his mixing instructions:
Part A: 1g Silver Nitrate in 1000 ml of water (.1% solution)
Part B: 5g Sodium Thiosulfate in 1000ml water (.5% solution)
Mix part A into Part B.
Add 2000ml water, which cuts it by 50%.
Add 6-12 drops of dish soap from the container.
Start applying 3 days before flip, and continue every 3 days.

Do you do anything different? I've tried other ways and failed so far. The upcoming project is important to me to be successful so I want to get it right.

Lovely post Icemud, and a nice run down of your favourite pollen chucking candidates!
Thank you Stunger! Definitey a wide variety touching all the boxes. Should be a fun flower run this time :)

Maybe try one more run in a SIP. Automatic watering since the plant waters itself. If you really love that cut, maybe try a different approach?
Good suggestion Azimuth. I normally would give it another go, but I don't feel too bad getting rid of it because I made a lot of crosses with it so hopefully its magic will breed over to the new genetics :) So it lives on :) It was definitely a great strain and a legendary one too. Well see though, I flowered it last run saying the same thing and ended up revegging it last minute... so who knows. LOL

Thanks Ice! Love it!
I plan on some sex reversals later this year to preserve some special African sativas.
This is my guide ala @InTheShed via @Virgin Ground:

Here are his mixing instructions:
Part A: 1g Silver Nitrate in 1000 ml of water (.1% solution)
Part B: 5g Sodium Thiosulfate in 1000ml water (.5% solution)
Mix part A into Part B.
Add 2000ml water, which cuts it by 50%.
Add 6-12 drops of dish soap from the container.
Start applying 3 days before flip, and continue every 3 days.

Do you do anything different? I've tried other ways and failed so far. The upcoming project is important to me to be successful so I want to get it right.
Hey StoneOtter!

Yea I've been reading a lot about sativas in general lately, listing to podcasts on legendary breeders and south american and african sativas and it sounds like there is a lot of magic to unlock in them. Great Choice to breed with :)

Here is an older post I did about STS>
ey Everyone.....

So in my side project I have going on, I decided to stop using Colloidal silver and to try using Silver Thiosulfate instead which seems to be the best way to reverse a female plant and to force it to produce male pollen. Thanks to Dr. Ziggy and a few others here at 420 Magazine they have convinced me to give it a try with their successes with it so last night I mixed some up.

I've been rather hesitant to make STS, because one of the 2 ingredients, Silver Nitrate is not the nicest stuff, espeically when it comes with a statement on it saying "Danger" which usually isn't a good thing. Its extremely harmful to fish and wildlife, humans skin, eyes, lungs and bodies, its extremely caustic, its a catalyst for fire and explosions and a number of not so nice things so EXTREME Caution needs to be taken when using it. Also it will stain just about everything it comes into contact with black so be very very careful and always wear PPE (personal protective equipment) when doing things with chemicals like this...

After having only 2 of 5 colloidal silver attempts work in makings seeds, I decided to try STS as it seems that everyone likes it much better and it works much better as well so I made the switch. I have to say that for around $50 in chemicals, and also including all the lab supplies (beakers, graduated cylinders, niosh masks, gloves, safety glasses ect.... I can make enough of this spray to probably reverse at least 5-10 plants or more... it makes a ton!

Here is the process for making STS, thanks to Dr. Ziggy and a few others on the feminized seed thread here at 420 mag:
Here is the thread:
Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit

Silver Nitrate
Sodium Thiosulfate
Water

1 gm Silver Nitrate in 60ml H2O
6.25 gms Sodium Thiosulfate in 240ml H2O

Mix 10 ml of the Silver Nitrate and 40ml Sodium Thiosulfate;
mix above mixed 50ml into 250 ml H2O

This is the Ag-Thio

Silver Thiosulfate ingredients

I didn't add the dishsoap to mine though, just Straight STS.

STS I think I only applied 2 or 3 times total if I remember correctly. I'd have to look back at my journal when I used it because I can't remember the details. It worked really well at getting the plants to reverse. Way better than using Colloidal Silver.

I also used Colloidal Silver with success, however because it needed to be applied so frequently, I remember it really roasting the crap out of my leaves. But it did work, which is how I made my Black Cherry Soda S1's and Some feminized Trainwreck crosses.

The reason though I stopped doing feminized seeds was that I wasn't having good luck with getting pollen. All of my projects I successfully reversed the female to growing pollen sacks, however for whatever reason, most of the feminized attemps I did resulted in either sterile pollen or no pollen. So overall I think I tried like 3 or 4 different strains at least on multiple attempts and only really had one very successful one which was the Black Cherry Soda and managed to get maybe 100 seeds from the trainwreck which gave virtually no pollen.

I think though for your purpose of preserving some landrace genetics I would do the same. I've really been hearing so much about how cannabis geneticits and scientists are fearing that the constant inbreeding that the industry is doing chasing only THC is really doing damage to the genepool and locking out some amazing and undiscovered rarities in the current landraces and untapped potentials.

Sounds like an awesome project! I would definitely would stick to the STS as it works very well with little application. Just be careful of that silver nitrate. It pretty much is very hazardous to your health, and even very dilluted it stains very very easily. I almost stained my white sink with it so be careful with it.

Hey StoneOtter!

Yea I've been reading a lot about sativas in general lately, listing to podcasts on legendary breeders and south american and african sativas and it sounds like there is a lot of magic to unlock in them. Great Choice to breed with :)

Here is an older post I did about STS>

I didn't add the dishsoap to mine though, just Straight STS. I think the formula I used also called for distilled and deionized water and I just used deionized R/O water in mine.

STS I think I only applied 2 or 3 times total if I remember correctly. I'd have to look back at my journal when I used it because I can't remember the details. It worked really well at getting the plants to reverse. Way better than using Colloidal Silver.

I also used Colloidal Silver with success, however because it needed to be applied so frequently, I remember it really roasting the crap out of my leaves. But it did work, which is how I made my Black Cherry Soda S1's and Some feminized Trainwreck crosses.

The reason though I stopped doing feminized seeds was that I wasn't having good luck with getting pollen. All of my projects I successfully reversed the female to growing pollen sacks, however for whatever reason, most of the feminized attemps I did resulted in either sterile pollen or no pollen. So overall I think I tried like 3 or 4 different strains at least on multiple attempts and only really had one very successful one which was the Black Cherry Soda and managed to get maybe 100 seeds from the trainwreck which gave virtually no pollen.

I think though for your purpose of preserving some landrace genetics I would do the same. I've really been hearing so much about how cannabis geneticits and scientists are fearing that the constant inbreeding that the industry is doing chasing only THC is really doing damage to the genepool and locking out some amazing and undiscovered rarities in the current landraces and untapped potentials.

Sounds like an awesome project! I would definitely would stick to the STS as it works very well with little application. Just be careful of that silver nitrate. It pretty much is very hazardous to your health, and even very dilluted it stains very very easily. I almost stained my white sink with it so be careful with it.
Thanks Ice, It's a balancing act at best I think. I've made dud male flowers with colloidal silver and no male flowers with it but never good male flowers with it! This may help in the quest.
That Black Cherry Soda! I had a few bones of it a few years ago and it blew my mind!

Thanks Ice, It's a balancing act at best I think. I've made dud male flowers with colloidal silver and no male flowers with it but never good male flowers with it! This may help in the quest.
That Black Cherry Soda! I had a few bones of it a few years ago and it blew my mind!
Yea the Black Cherry Soda is special. I've gotten so many compliments from others who have smoked it from young people to old, from average joes to famous geneticists and everyone was like... wow, it tastes so good. The high too is very different than you would expect from a thin leaf plant because it hits hard and gets me really stoned. Plus its easy to grow, and never fails to produce tons of seeds.

I've been reading more into the cut i have as there is still question of what exactly it was as it was the result of a clone delivery mistake many years ago.

I think it actually might be the strain made by a person named SunyCheba. I was looking at his social media and saw a picture of his black cherry and it looks identical to what i have. The only other "black cherry soda" I have found to look like it is a cut that a company called Annunaki Genetics has, which they say the genetics are unknown behind it.

There is another cut of "black Cherry soda" and seeds as well going around which is more fat indica type leaves and turns purple where the leaves hit the plant and stem but its different than the one I have. I think the mystery behind what i have really adds to the uniqueness of it :)

I'm glad you have had a chance to try it, its definitely special. Flavor is similar to purple punch in a way but the high is much much different. I'm really curious about the black cherry soda x chocolate thai crosses I made. Chocolate covered cherries :) mmmm

Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday!

I only have a couple minutes before I have to clock in to work... so I wanted to drop a quick update.

Today makes Day 1 of flowering. I've had the girls on a 14/10 light schedule for the past week to prep them for floweirng and a few strains are already showing flowering as of today, however last night I officially turned the schedule to 12/12 and let the flowering begin.

All is going well and excited about this grow.

I had to cull 1 of the GDP x Deep Chunk X DJ Short blueberrys as about 1 week ago it was showing balls. So as far as my personal creations I have 1 (GDPxDeep Chunk) x DJ short Blueberry F4 and 1 Ogiesel x 79 Xmas Bud in the garden.

All of the clones are still rooting but they should be ready to hit soil by the end of next week at the latest.

Other than that I gave them a dose of some 10-30-20 bloom booster to jump start them into flowering along with their last "veg" feeding last night and the girls were very perked up and ready to say hello when I opened the tent this morning.

Anyhow have to clock in, enjoy your day everyone!

Full Tent view:

(GDP x Deep Chunk) x DJ short blueberry F4

Ogiesel x 79 Xmas Bud

8813HP

Hey Everyone, a very quick update.

Today makes Day 7 flowering (from the flip) and here are some of the girls...

Durban Poison

Ogiesel x 79 Xmas Bud

(GDP x Deep Chunk) x DJ Short Blueberry F4

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! Mine was well, chill, and relaxing which is exactly how the weekend should be :)

Quick update here... today marks day 13 of flowering (from the flip) and so far the girls are looking really good. All of the plants now are in full flowering.

Not a whole bunch of update worthy news, so here are some pics!

88G13HP

Durban Poison

Ogiesel x 79 Xmas bud

(GDP x Deep Chunk) x Dj Short Blueberry F4

That Durban sure looks nice. :love: Where'd it come from?

I had a Durban x Bushmans that had the characteristic flavor, but I understand that it's hard to find a good Durban. The cross wasn't anything to brag about.

Back
Top Bottom