Greetings! From a new grower

OldHippyMan

I am a 64-year-old retired clinical psychologist. I started smoking the weed in 1965, and have been going strong ever since, although I did cut down on my usage during graduate school! That made life easier!:thumb:

I was in college during the 70s, and embraced the counterculture with both arms. Boy, those were the days!

Although I was raised a Congregationalist in the Northeast, about five years ago I discovered the Dharma and now regard myself as a lay Buddhist.

I'm a real Woodstock generation hippy, and proud of it! I love the music from that era and listen to it regularly. When I look back on my life I don't have many regrets, except for Woodstock, and therein lies a story.

I distinctly remember where I was when five of us had a discussion about the upcoming concert in New York. We talked for quite some time about attending, the price of the tickets, and how we would get there. Unfortunately the majority of us decided Woodstock would be "no big deal." One of us attended, and four of us watched from afar as our judgment was proved catastrophically wrong! Talk about kick yourself in the ass!

I have tried to grow marijuana outside at least four different times since the 70s. I managed to harvest one plant; everything else was ripped off! I started my first indoor grow, in soil, 35 days ago. So far things have gone well, other than a magnesium deficiency that occurred before I realized my tap water has very little magnesium in it. Some Epson Salts solved that problem.

I love hot sauce, and make my own every year from superhot peppers which I grow myself. I have recently been asked if I would like to sell my sauce, for premium prices, at several local venues.

I am also a fan of military history, and have plenty of time to pursue that interest since I retired.

I'm very excited about joining this forum, and learning how to grow marijuana with the best of them. If I can do okay with this soil grow, I think my next grow will be a modified deep water culture. I'm technically inclined, and believe I can make a go out of that.

I sincerely wish you all well with your various endeavors.

Peace

:Namaste:

The photo is a 35 day old bud from my current soil grow.

Fast_Vast_-_35_Days_Old.JPG

:welcome::welcome::welcome:, OHM

What a nice intro. You certainly won't regret joining 420. It's full of highly experienced growers who are amazingly generous with their knowledge. Starting a journal, as I was advised to do, is the best way to get advice and support. Mind you, from that photo it looks as if you're doing just fine and dandy.

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding, eh?
:circle-of-love:

G'day oldhippman,welcome aboard.

around here,ya aint that old hahahaha

im a fan/builder of hot sauce and salsa myself,this year i changed my xxx hot and included some carolina reapers,ive never eaten peppers like this before,wowzers hottest pepper on the planet.

:thumb:Thanks for all the kind words and the welcoming responses. I'm known for my skill in cultivating tropical superhot peppers... so I hope this soil grow is not just beginners luck. We will see. I look at that bud and think, "Man, I have got to get this strain (Fast and Vast) into a good hydro setup!" AND what a great idea SolMJ, ...420 hot sauce special!!:high-five:

Welcome OldHippyMan!

I hope you'll start a grow journal. I'd like to follow along.

This site is probably the most mature on the internet. Like anything it's a microcosm of society. But this is a very nice neighborhood to hang out in... :welcome: to :420:

Thanks for your interest and kind words drcannabi. I have already learned much during my first grow; mainly about my water, which is a good 85 ppm and a little basic. If things go OK, I think my next grow will be in a DIY hybrid RDWC. I love building stuff! Peace.

:Namaste:

:cheesygrinsmiley::blunt::volcano-smiley:RDWC is ridiculous OHM. I've seen some amazing results from members on this forum. Some of the best have been organic. If you start building things, please let me know. I'm always interested in DIY projects. Gets the old synapse firing.

I hope you don't mind me calling you OHM but dang -- It's hard to type OldHippyMan on a phone (It also reminds me to meditate - OHM) :Namaste:

I also meditate, and collect antique Tibetan singing bowls. I have one which was hand made in the 16 hundreds! I'll keep you posted on the build. Peace.

"Behold the jewel in the lotus."

Mind body and spirit! If one of those is out of whack, l go sideways for few days until I can hey it all back in line. Right now the body is not playing nice, but the Rick Simpson oil I made is a wonderful pain reliever. Those bowls sound cool OHM!

Back
Top Bottom