Greetings from Grow for Broke

the singular led at the current stage is not an issue, but it will be an big issue down the line.
how far is the led strip from the seedlings?
What are the environments that the plants are in. temp/humidity?
i've never used espoma organic plant food, but seeing how much it was in there for a seedling stage didn't seem right.
Seedlings don't need any feeding for the first few weeks and water would be fine.
What kind of soil are you using?
You're gonna judge me, but i don't have any temp/humidity readings. My grow environment is not closed off yet either. Watered yesterday, won't water again for the next 3 days. Growth is slow but the plants look...healthy? Y'all be the judge.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.34.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.33.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.32.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.32.25 AM.png

@grow4broke they do not look healthy mate. They seem to be pushing away from the light and burns from the heat.
how far is the led strip from the plants?

I find having a thermometer that gives me the temps and humidity is important. at the seedling stage its the plants critical timing and you want to make sure that everything goes well here and that you have a strong seedling.

@grow4broke they do not look healthy mate. They seem to be pushing away from the light

Look more like the poor SOBs aren't receiving enough light. Tall, skinny, stretched stem - and then it sort of falls over from not being able to support itself. But it's trying... See the top continues to aim at the light, even after the seedling gets the drunken lean thing going on?

Get a cheap 23-watt CFL bulb (6,500K color temperature, if possible, but anything at this point) turn it sideways and shine it on that thing from a couple inches away. When it recovers from Dark Room Syndrome, move it to an inch away. Just-out-of-the-seed seedlings don't require much light-energy, but they do need some. There are LOTS of other lights you could use, but that one is probably the cheapest. Or at least stick it on a sunny windowsill.

Please stop abusing your kids, lol.

Look more like the poor SOBs aren't receiving enough light. Tall, skinny, stretched stem - and then it sort of falls over from not being able to support itself. But it's trying... See the top continues to aim at the light, even after the seedling gets the drunken lean thing going on?

Get a cheap 23-watt CFL bulb (6,500K color temperature, if possible, but anything at this point) turn it sideways and shine it on that thing from a couple inches away. When it recovers from Dark Room Syndrome, move it to an inch away. Just-out-of-the-seed seedlings don't require much light-energy, but they do need some. There are LOTS of other lights you could use, but that one is probably the cheapest. Or at least stick it on a sunny windowsill.

Please stop abusing your kids, lol.
Could be, the pictures throw me off, since it was bright enough. but then i saw how burned they are which made me think that the light is to close to the plant. However, you are right they are stretchy.

Way too much red-spectrum light can cause newborns to stretch badly, too. But it's usually plain old "not enough light-energy hitting the plant." Doesn't necessarily mean that's what this is, though, but it's my guess.

i don't mind them stretching at this point. however, i am starting to get frustrated with the RH. i can't get the heat up since its cold and the humidity levels are low. temps around 71f with 32%

Hey homies!

Thanks for all the feedback. I've adjusted the watering schedule and already am starting to see the leaves look perkier. Regarding light, I'm thinking of adding a one more led and a few cfls. Honestly wishing I had a mini grow tent or some Mylar sheets to keep the light focused on the plants.

Slowly but surely, I'll start making those upgrades to improve my grow environment.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.09.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.07.55 AM.png

i don't mind them stretching at this point. however, i am starting to get frustrated with the RH. i can't get the heat up since its cold and the humidity levels are low. temps around 71f with 32%
lmfao, i thought this was my journal when i posted this.

Welcome aboard and best of luck with the grow! :thumb:

Everything looks fantastic in pictures 1, 4 & 5, number 2 looks like it needs some work. possible over or under feeding? Soil PPM & PH would be a great start...

What's up 420Magazine!

Just thought I'd give y'all an update on the grow. Added some more grow lights to the mix, and now the plants actually look like they are doing better. Total is 130 watts. Also added a reflective backdrop to make lighting more efficient.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.39.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.41.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.40.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.40.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.39.35 AM.png
Dude, you made my forking day!!!!!!!!!!
There looking great. A 100 times, well maybe 10 times better than my first grow!!!!

Look forward to your grow journal. Yeah, with your improved lighting and some guidance your gonna have a "kick ass" grow.

Hate to hog your thread, but am having issues in my 3x3 flower room.
Forking little flies, three days ago there were a couple, been spraying citric acid to kill em, but everyday there is more.
W.T.F.?

You have like the cleanest grow room I have ever seen and I am afraid the more experienced growers are gonna make fun of me if I ask them for guidance. So sending over pictures. Sorry to hawg your board.

I have a long twelve hour day of work ahead of me so if you have a second to give me some help it'll make my forking day twice.

Best,

Farmer R.

PS: sorry about the photo quality.

20201208_123142.jpg

20201208_123140.jpg

Hey 420 Magazine.

Jay here. I'm an amateur seasonal grower and I love building community around my grows.

Last season we grew two great plants, this time we're doing 5! 2 are bagseeds, one is ACE seeds feminized mix, one is Equilibrium genetics Granddaddy Jaws, and the other is a south american sativa landrace.

Join me on my grow journey!
Welcome

Hate to hog your thread, but am having issues in my 3x3 flower room.
Forking little flies, three days ago there were a couple, been spraying citric acid to kill em, but everyday there is more.
W.T.F.?

You have like the cleanest grow room I have ever seen and I am afraid the more experienced growers are gonna make fun of me if I ask them for guidance. So sending over pictures. Sorry to hawg your board.

I have a long twelve hour day of work ahead of me so if you have a second to give me some help it'll make my forking day twice.

Best,

Farmer R.

PS: sorry about the photo quality.

20201208_123142.jpg

20201208_123140.jpg
Get some neem oil at the flower shop...also consider those clay pebbles on the topsoil since the flies can't burrow under as easily

Get some neem oil at the flower shop...also consider those clay pebbles on the topsoil since the flies can't burrow under as easily
Dude, I just had the shittiest day at work, so weird little flies in my flower room is the last thing I want to worry about.

Wow. My buddy told me to buy the clay pebbles to put at the bottom of the pot for plant root air.
Will definitely take your advice and put them on top (had some on top just cause the clay balls look cool and stuff).

Really probably need to clean and stuff, you should see my veg. roomo_O

Neem oil? Well, I am pretty broke, like eating off at the 99 cent menu at MCD. I'll have to buy some when I get paid.

That'll give me time to read up on it in the Cannabis Grow Bible, one of my buddies gave me. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

If it is cool with y'all I'll keep you updated.

Still pretty new to the family, so still getting use to the proper thread etiquette. Actually thought this was an Intro. post.
Sorry about posting pics. on your journal without asking.

Best,

Farmer R.

PS: read about Landrace strains in the Grow Bible and really excited to watch, which one is she?

Hey homies!

Thanks for all the feedback. I've adjusted the watering schedule and already am starting to see the leaves look perkier. Regarding light, I'm thinking of adding a one more led and a few cfls. Honestly wishing I had a mini grow tent or some Mylar sheets to keep the light focused on the plants.

Slowly but surely, I'll start making those upgrades to improve my grow environment.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.09.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.08.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.07.55 AM.png
Do they have a Walmart near you or can you order from Zon ? Emergency Mylar Blankets are real cheap. You can do your grow area with it as a quick fix for under $10 & it will help with the light situation.

Leaving all that soil & leaves on the floor is an invitation for pests to invade your garden. Prevention is better then trying to solve an issue. Just a heads up before it's too late. Oh, you have something flying already. Got any beer or Molasses ? Put a little in a bowl in your grow area to see if they go for it. It works for Crickets & gnats so maybe it will work for what you have too.

Lmao the mods actually asked me to move this to a grow journal, so I can relate to not knowing thread etiquette.

MY advice regarding your grow is to keep your area a bit cleaner. You ever consider getting a grow tent? a lot of them have storage and stuff, plus they are reflective so lighting becomes more efficient.

My landrace seed is a colombian sativa (I got it at a market down there so no real documentation about the genetics, LOL!) I don't expect any major yield due to the vastly different grow environment in the southern hemisphere. Landraces are mostly nostalgic for me, because selective breeding has created way more potent hybrids. I mostly wanted to compare how each seed responds to this budget indoor grow setup.

good luck dude! Feel free to ask any questions here.
Dude, I just had the shittiest day at work, so weird little flies in my flower room is the last thing I want to worry about.

Wow. My buddy told me to buy the clay pebbles to put at the bottom of the pot for plant root air.
Will definitely take your advice and put them on top (had some on top just cause the clay balls look cool and stuff).

Really probably need to clean and stuff, you should see my veg. roomo_O

Neem oil? Well, I am pretty broke, like eating off at the 99 cent menu at MCD. I'll have to buy some when I get paid.

That'll give me time to read up on it in the Cannabis Grow Bible, one of my buddies gave me. Thanks a lot for your help!!!

If it is cool with y'all I'll keep you updated.

Still pretty new to the family, so still getting use to the proper thread etiquette. Actually thought this was an Intro. post.
Sorry about posting pics. on your journal without asking.

Best,

Farmer R.

PS: read about Landrace strains in the Grow Bible and really excited to watch, which one is she?

Work is much better today. Taking break for a couple hours.

You hit the nail on the head with the Landrace. There are a handful of old school hog farmers in Greece where they just keep a couple around just to have them. My mentor in community college was a Tamworth Breeder, trust me they are a hog breed and an ugly one to boot, Ole Bill had one Tamworth Barrow just so he could stay a breeder.
Not a hole hell of a lot of breeding you can do with a barrow (pig who has had his balls chopoff/castrated).

Yeah, the cannabis laws are very unclear here in Greece like much of the world, so I only grow CBD strains.
Funny thing is a lot of those stains are really good ;)

You seem to know your shit with genetics, so I will need a ton of help if I ever start breeding.

Well I am starting my journal, so a big part of it will be about fundamentals and cleanliness (I am a slob by nature).

Need to knock out some cleaning.

Hey grow4broke, what's up with your avatar?

Best,

Farmer R.

Back
Top Bottom