New in the community

buddyfrend

420 Member
Hello to everybody, I'm a South American dude living in Europe for last 5 years. I've been growing plants for at least the last 10 years as an amateur, always curious to improve and consistently concerned about not improving enough. I like to grow using organic products such as Biobizz, and lately, I've tried Biotabs, which has given me great results. However, I'm not sure if I will continue using it as it's a little out of my budget. Recently, I bought a new pH meter (hanna)(last was broke), which was my first post in the community. I have always interacted with growers via Reddit, but I haven't always received the answers I'm looking for.

About my setup:
I have two boxes, one 60x60x160 and a new 80x80x180.
One Q4W Gen 2 from Sanlight of 185W and a ViparSpectra 100W.
I was growing Amnesia Haze from RQS, but now I will start with one Critical, one auto (don't remember the name), and I'm about to start with my first CBD plant. I'm experiencing issues with overeating after smoking, so I've started trying to manage that problem by smoking CBD weed. For a person who has smoked for the last 20 years, being out of the mind fog could be good for me. I will see how it goes.

Greetings.

Hello to everybody, I'm a South American dude living in Europe for last 5 years. I've been growing plants for at least the last 10 years as an amateur, always curious to improve and consistently concerned about not improving enough. I like to grow using organic products such as Biobizz, and lately, I've tried Biotabs, which has given me great results. However, I'm not sure if I will continue using it as it's a little out of my budget. Recently, I bought a new pH meter (hanna)(last was broke), which was my first post in the community. I have always interacted with growers via Reddit, but I haven't always received the answers I'm looking for.

About my setup:
I was growing Amnesia Haze from RQS, but now I will start with one Critical, one auto (don't remember the name), and I'm about to start with my first CBD plant. I'm experiencing issues with overeating after smoking, so I've started trying to manage that problem by smoking CBD weed. For a person who has smoked for the last 20 years, being out of the mind fog could be good for me. I will see how it goes.

Greetings.
Hey Buddy :ciao: Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @buddyfrend

Two hundred and eighty-five watts isn't very much light for your ladies.
Have you thought about getting a bigger LED?
Do you have any images from your current of past grows you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

About my setup:

Greetings.
Welcome to the 420 Magazine family @buddyfrend. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome: :circle-of-love::party::circle-of-love::theband:

About my setup:

Greetings.
Welcome aboard looking forward to seeing some pics when you start a journal 👍

Thanks to everyone. Im not sing forums for long time now. Not sure if answering herr all of you are will get notified. Anyway. I will keep and could do my journal as im starting a new plants in a few weeks.
I have a question first. Why you upload here your journals and not in growdiaries. That is like the big page for this. Just honest curiosity.

How active are you here? For sure i would get some fun sharing my journey and getting some opinions about it. For sure i will learn something!

Just sharing here a quickly picture of a bud from last months =)
IMG_20231109_114138.jpg

Hello folks, okay, I've been reading the post for newbies and about the journals. I'll start mine soon. I just made an online purchase where I got myself an automatic CBD seed, as I wanted. I already have another automatic, so I'll set up a tent with 2 automatics, and maybe start the other one with a critical (foto fem), which I think I'll make into a mother plant and take 3 or 4 clones from there. I had my first experience with clones a few months ago, and everything went well.

I tried "mainlining" inspired by this post: [link to the post](from other place, hope is okey). It gave me very good results. Before, I used to do "topping," trying to make many branches grow upwards, but I realized that many didn't have the size I wanted (perhaps also because of the light, 185w, but I'll talk about that later). However, I think keeping a plant with several main branches gave me very good results, as each main branch came out with a lot of strength. I'll see how I plan it since I only have 2 tents and 2 small lights (although they are supposed to be sufficient for the space I have for cultivation).

Uorder.png

xxxxxx.jpeg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @buddyfrend

Two hundred and eighty-five watts isn't very much light for your ladies.
Have you thought about getting a bigger LED?
Do you have any images from your current of past grows you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
I understand it might be low level growing, as many people have at least 300w or 600w setups. However, my tents are small, (60x60x160cm and 80x80x180cm). I still find these wattage calculations a bit confusing, but the websites of the companies selling the lamps claim that for these dimensions, my setup should work fine(and more). I'm very happy with my Sanlight Q4W. I believe it's powerful and of really good quality leds. they even gave a booster for free.

I realize that the light distribution is not ideal. It would be better to have 2 lamps so that the lumens are more evenly distributed. In the corners, they receive significantly fewer photons. However, I think my plants have been doing quite well considering what I have. If I wanted to increase my lamps, I would also need to increase the space in my tents, which I can't do. I don't have the room. The topic of lights is quite complex, and I have a lot to learn. So, if you have any opinions, I'll read them attentively. =) Regarding the temperatures in the tent, I think I'm in a good range (21-26°C). Also, my budget is limited, and I believe I have the best I could get. Not to mention that compared to my friends in South America, I can find high-quality items here. So, I'm content, and let's hope the next cultivation is even better!

16139-3_pestebni-led-svetlo-sanlight-q4w-gen2-165w-cover-556396951.jpg

viparspectra-p1000-100w-4291077787.jpg

I understand it might be low level growing, as many people have at least 300w or 600w setups. However, my tents are small, (60x60x160cm and 80x80x180cm). I still find these wattage calculations a bit confusing, but the websites of the companies selling the lamps claim that for these dimensions, my setup should work fine(and more). I'm very happy with my Sanlight Q4W. I believe it's powerful and of really good quality leds. they even gave a booster for free.

I realize that the light distribution is not ideal. It would be better to have 2 lamps so that the lumens are more evenly distributed. In the corners, they receive significantly fewer photons. However, I think my plants have been doing quite well considering what I have. If I wanted to increase my lamps, I would also need to increase the space in my tents, which I can't do. I don't have the room. The topic of lights is quite complex, and I have a lot to learn. So, if you have any opinions, I'll read them attentively. =) Regarding the temperatures in the tent, I think I'm in a good range (21-26°C). Also, my budget is limited, and I believe I have the best I could get. Not to mention that compared to my friends in South America, I can find high-quality items here. So, I'm content, and let's hope the next cultivation is even better!

I have a @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro and it puts out like a 10 dollar hooker. They make really great lights. CL🍀

Hey there! Welcome aboard! 🌟 Have you ever considered sliding your light on a rod around your tent during the day? It's a bit of extra effort, sure, but it beats shelling out extra bucks, right?

And speaking of light power, ever heard of the Photone app for Android? It's a game-changer! Check your DLI (Daily Light Integral) – aim for around 30 at this stage, but bump it up to 50+ during flowering. Keep those plants happy with a solid hourly cycle, and you'll be basking in the glow of success without any light-related worries!

Remember, it's all about what works best for you, so don't hesitate to trust your gut as you soak in all this info.

I noticed you've dabbled in various growth styles – me too! Topping plants is my jam, sometimes I do it more than four times! Just guide those babies where you want them to go, and don't stress about height until later. They'll reach for the light when it's time, and a little stretching isn't a bad thing.

Ever tried LST (Low Stress Training)? Or how about "lollipopping"? Bend and snap for some wild results – the damage can work wonders!

Oh, and guess what? I started journaling inside my intro post – it was a blast! Swing by my spot sometime; I'm all about that budget-friendly gardening life, especially when it comes to nutes! 😄🌿✨"

1 SIP, 2 Bottom Feeding 55 Days Flowering

Hey there! Welcome aboard! 🌟 Have you ever considered sliding your light on a rod around your tent during the day? It's a bit of extra effort, sure, but it beats shelling out extra bucks, right?

And speaking of light power, ever heard of the Photone app for Android? It's a game-changer! Check your DLI (Daily Light Integral) – aim for around 30 at this stage, but bump it up to 50+ during flowering. Keep those plants happy with a solid hourly cycle, and you'll be basking in the glow of success without any light-related worries!

Remember, it's all about what works best for you, so don't hesitate to trust your gut as you soak in all this info.

I noticed you've dabbled in various growth styles – me too! Topping plants is my jam, sometimes I do it more than four times! Just guide those babies where you want them to go, and don't stress about height until later. They'll reach for the light when it's time, and a little stretching isn't a bad thing.

Ever tried LST (Low Stress Training)? Or how about "lollipopping"? Bend and snap for some wild results – the damage can work wonders!

Oh, and guess what? I started journaling inside my intro post – it was a blast! Swing by my spot sometime; I'm all about that budget-friendly gardening life, especially when it comes to nutes! 😄🌿✨"

1 SIP, 2 Bottom Feeding 55 Days Flowering
Hey i picked a look on your journey. Pretty nice. I should read more on my laptop.
I didn't sit properly to chill for a few weeks.

And about this app photone. I downloaded. But didn't try it yet. =)

Im not sure how i will approach the new seeds. I will start one cbd and one critical.(and i have a gifted automatic waiting too) This critical i can go full for it with just one or 2 apical and meanwhile take out 3 o 4 clones. And prepare them for this mainlining for sure. But not sure how i will proceed with mother. I don't have so much space. But as i have a automatic too. Maybe i can start the automatic and the critical and cbd. Let them in a long vegetation and meanwhile auto goes on. prepare the critical and cbd to get bigger. And then when mother critical and cbd is ready i can use the other tent with 100w to keep here the auto. and change to 18/6 the others with 185w.. And when they are ready to harvest. go strong with 4 clones at 185w. Do you think that a small tent with my viperspectra 100w is not good enough for the auto? According to the specifications should be good enough. But again others will said that 100 is nothing.

Pd: another think i saw in your journal and in other places is that for make a big mainlining with 8 to 16 colas. That people use biiig conrainers. I use always this 11 liters... Not sure if i want to to bigger. You think will make a difference as my light is not that big or even the tent? That why i will go with only 4 to 6 main colas

Today, I am harvesting the first of the four plants that I left to their own fate. They were all second-tier clones, and I wasn't sure how to handle them (and i was busy and tired) , so I didn't give them much attention. Even the soil was reused and a mix of different fertilizers. I believe this first one turned out okay. The others should be fine too. Perhaps not worth the electricity bill, but all four will hopefully do well. It's not my best harvest, but it's okay. Haha.

IMG_20240127_141839.jpg

IMG_20240127_141807.jpg

Hey i picked a look on your journey. Pretty nice. I should read more on my laptop.
I didn't sit properly to chill for a few weeks.

And about this app photone. I downloaded. But didn't try it yet. =)

Im not sure how i will approach the new seeds. I will start one cbd and one critical.(and i have a gifted automatic waiting too) This critical i can go full for it with just one or 2 apical and meanwhile take out 3 o 4 clones. And prepare them for this mainlining for sure. But not sure how i will proceed with mother. I don't have so much space. But as i have a automatic too. Maybe i can start the automatic and the critical and cbd. Let them in a long vegetation and meanwhile auto goes on. prepare the critical and cbd to get bigger. And then when mother critical and cbd is ready i can use the other tent with 100w to keep here the auto. and change to 18/6 the others with 185w.. And when they are ready to harvest. go strong with 4 clones at 185w. Do you think that a small tent with my viperspectra 100w is not good enough for the auto? According to the specifications should be good enough. But again others will said that 100 is nothing.

Pd: another think i saw in your journal and in other places is that for make a big mainlining with 8 to 16 colas. That people use biiig conrainers. I use always this 11 liters... Not sure if i want to to bigger. You think will make a difference as my light is not that big or even the tent? That why i will go with only 4 to 6 main colas
The bigger the Bucket, the bigger the Plant, not the amount of colas, that is totally up to you as the cultivar to decide during the training sessions.
You start with one branch, I wait until I get 4 Arms on the side, and I cut it back to two, on each side, I tie these down and let them grow until they get 3 nodes and I trim them back each once, this would leave you with at least 16 plus any auxiliary branches you may leave on.
Once you get experience with the process, you can start stressing your branches until you can bend them completely over instead, this is similar to toping it but you do not cut that branch, The stress causes more branches to grow at the stress point.
I hope that helps.

your 100w should be plenty, I can get 900+PPFD with my 100w As long as you are training it correctly to take advantage of the entire space of your light.

55_days_a02.jpg

This is my A02 Clone as of yesterday :p I was just messing around.

Keep at it and if i missed something let me know, you'll learn what works best, it is looking nice so far.

P.S. Ill post the results of my branches, this may show you more.
Also, this is an example that is good to learn from. It's ton on this forum and Google, search all the different types of training to learn as much as possible mate.
Not sure where this pic came from. sorry if it belongs to someone here its just a great example. You can see the parts on the branches where they look swollen, this is where they bent them, and as you see a branch popped up and sometimes more.
20190811_084011 AK.jpg

The bigger the Bucket, the bigger the Plant, not the amount of colas, that is totally up to you as the cultivar to decide during the training sessions.
You start with one branch, I wait until I get 4 Arms on the side, and I cut it back to two, on each side, I tie these down and let them grow until they get 3 nodes and I trim them back each once, this would leave you with at least 16 plus any auxiliary branches you may leave on.
Once you get experience with the process, you can start stressing your branches until you can bend them completely over instead, this is similar to toping it but you do not cut that branch, The stress causes more branches to grow at the stress point.
I hope that helps.

your 100w should be plenty, I can get 900+PPFD with my 100w As long as you are training it correctly to take advantage of the entire space of your light.

55_days_a02.jpg

This is my A02 Clone as of yesterday :p I was just messing around.

Keep at it and if i missed something let me know, you'll learn what works best, it is looking nice so far.

P.S. Ill post the results of my branches, this may show you more.
Also, this is an example that is good to learn from. It's ton on this forum and Google, search all the different types of training to learn as much as possible mate.
Not sure where this pic came from. sorry if it belongs to someone here its just a great example. You can see the parts on the branches where they look swollen, this is where they bent them, and as you see a branch popped up and sometimes more.
20190811_084011 AK.jpg
I tried to send you a private message but an error message appeared.

"
Hello Mate, the app you recommend me looks like works awesome. Do you have some recommendations on which values i should try to go for? Umols/m2/s is what i was looking for. Which number will be good to have at top of plants? I think this will help me to measure the distance of light for sure. Now i have between 500/800
=)
"

I tried to send you a private message but an error message appeared.

"
Hello Mate, the app you recommend me looks like works awesome. Do you have some recommendations on which values i should try to go for? Umols/m2/s is what i was looking for. Which number will be good to have at top of plants? I think this will help me to measure the distance of light for sure. Now i have between 500/800
=)
"
Did you get it?

Back
Top Bottom