GRG garage light LED 6000 lm - 6000 k

Imaskypilot

I bought an LED garage light about 3 months ago for $33.00. When I turned it on, it almost blinded me! I swear you could get a tan with it, really bright white!
It has three panels of corn style 48 LED’s, 144 LED’s total.
Power: 60w
Light color: White
Input: AC 85v - 265v 50/60 Hz
Flux: 6000 LM
The above is stamped on the light, I’ll attach the link to the light on Amazon.

Anyway, my question is: wouldn’t this be a great light for vegging in a grow box?

I’m just putting the finishing touches on the 95 sq ft grow box I’m building. I already have a Spider Farms SF 1000 LED Grow Light.
My first grow will be a Indica dominant auto flower.
Many Thanx!

9BE347E9-B1E8-4D59-A721-935630341122.png

60w draw is only good for like 2-4sq ft in veg, those lights still convert from AC to DC so you would also technically have all your ballasts (drivers) in your room as well. It doesn't specify what diodes are used but the good lights use the most efficient diodes available. Your money would be better spent elsewhere I think.

also 6000k is deep deep into blue veg territory.

it could be a good starter or early veg light. the plants will stretch for the moon under that K.
particularly with cob tech. veg dedicated lights tend to be 4000K to 4500K in cob. i find even that a bit stretchy.

i build "full spectrum" veg/flower lights in cob tech with an even mix of 3000K and 3500K.

works a peach.

100 lumens per watt sounds like a pretty intense light in the blue-ish spectrum sounds pretty good to me. I’m only wanting to use it as a supplement to my Spider Farms light in the veg stage.

it could be a good starter or early veg light. the plants will stretch for the moon under that K.
particularly with cob tech. veg dedicated lights tend to be 4000K to 4500K in cob. i find even that a bit stretchy.

i build "full spectrum" veg/flower lights in cob tech with an even mix of 3000K and 3500K.

works a peach.
To my knowledge, these aren’t “cob” lights (see pic). I said corn style lights. Multiple LED’s on a board.

works a peach.
To my knowledge, these aren’t “cob” lights (see pic). I said corn style lights. Multiple LED’s on a board.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 41

they are technically cob.
any printed smd over a certain size is labeled cob.

it is the same tech regardless. and the same K values work in the same way.
you can apply my comments directly to any smd chip.

Back
Top Bottom