Grinding Large Quantities

Farmerterv

420 Member
Does anyone have recommendations or experience on using something to grind pounds of bud? I’m thinking like household type industrial items, not just cannabis company manufacturers? Looking to make pre rolls!!

When you talk of pounds, you're dealing with commercial scale production.

A meat grinder, or any other device that compresses the bud should be avoided.

Take a look at vegetable slicers and graters. They may do it for you. They are also cheap enough to toss to the Sally Ann if it doesn't work well.

my cats will shred it for you and they never eat the stuff

I don't know about pounds of pot, but I do 2 ounces for cones at every harvest. I have a RAW cone machine that does 6 at a time. You just dump the ground weed in, and it all falls into place. However, doing a pound, that's like 450 joints. I don't know why anyone other than a dispensary would want to do that many pre rolls. Seems to be rolling them way ahead of time, they lose taste and get a little shitty sitting in the dube tube.

Too each his own. I'd just get a large bowl to dump the ground pot into, and the largest hand grinder you can find. I can grind 2 ounces in about 5 minutes, so do the math from there.

C054858D-9348-4E9F-86E6-48CCFCE05543.jpeg

just use a blender
or be a real man and use a whipper snipper and a steel barrel

I was thinking that too....it would get too stale. I could see 2 oz though for an after harvest celebration!

I doubt it makes a difference, but I never break it up until I need it since oxygen breaks down THC....and I keep the nugs in the smallest container I can get it in. But sometimes I will break up a bunch and roll out some for special occasions :hookah:

Household item- check
Can process large quantities- check
Use item afterwards - check

Answer is: Blender - the "Ninja" blender, has 4 blades and will turn cannabis into large chunks, small nuggets, ground coffee texture or into dust, whichever you prefer.

No muckin around here! I wanna video upload of you blending cannabis tho, I like to watch things, would be like a Can-Natio ..

Back
Top Bottom