Grow Cabinet Advice Needed

Preachforcure

Hi Everyone,

First a little about me I am new to this forum and new to the idea of growing Marijuana. I am not a user and never have used marijuana before, I don't think that I will be smoking it as well unless my health dictates it. So I don't see a need for me to use right now. (not saying you have to have a reason)

I am wanting to grow high CBD/THC to make oil for someone I know and love who is having a hard time controlling seizures with meds. So after doing what I thought was an excessive amount of reading I built a grow cabinet (pictures will be posted so you can see)

I went to a hydroponics (I will be growing in soil) store yesterday to pick up a few supplies to get started and only picked up a fertilizer kit because the guy there said may box wasn't big enough to grow in. So I need your input and advice please.

The Cabinet is 6ft tall 3ft wide and 2ft deep The actual grow space in the bottom is 4.75ft x 3ft x 2ft I put the shelf in for one to mount the fan in the top and to keep all of my supplies which will be kept up there as well. There will not be anything that is associated with an indoor grow that will not be kept inside this cabinet. Intake vent will be in low in the back and the fan exhaust will be high in the back.

1.) I want to either grow with LED or T5 lights not both if I use T5 I will buy both spectrum of bulbs for both stages. the LED I want to buy is 600 watts 145 actual with all light spectrum and the T5 is an 8 bulb 2ft long 20,000 lumen one so which is best. I want to grow 3 or 4 plants max at a time

2.) I know a 4 inch fan and filter system is enough to filter the air, but for a few more dollars I can get a 6 inch, but is that over kill?

3.) is the grow area tall enough and what methods should I use to keep them low but get the max amount of yields?

I built this my self so it looks nice and will be in my bedroom so even if someone sees it they will just see a nice wardrobe. (I will post this and figure out to to add photos)

Thanks for the Input
preachforcure....

IMAG015726.jpg

IMAG016623.jpg

IMAG016831.jpg

IMAG017028.jpg

IMAG017228.jpg

1. T5 may have issues with penetration, I would use LED.

2. 4 inches should be plenty, but you could always go 6 inch and get the speed controller for another $20.

3. It is tall enough, but if you want to maximize yield you could SCROG it.

I would shoot for one plant in a SCROG and I think you will do better than trying to stuff two plants in there with a SCROG. I am no SCROG expert though, so maybe others can chime in. Two plants will afford you less veg time so you get a quicker turnaround.

Hi Preachforcure,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here.

I am moved by your compassion for the individual in need and applaud your efforts to help. Completely agree with JuanCarlos's suggestions and assessment. I have grown with a scrog and agree your desired results could benefit from it. Should you choose to explore or employ a scrog, please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help.

I'd like to compliment your grow box as well. I particularly like the built in outlet and think it reflects the research you've done to this point.

Again, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions as I would like to support you as much as I can.

Thank you for the quick comments... I guess I need to start reading up on how to SCROG any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

A Mars 144 reflector would be my choice for that 6 sq. ft. space... 317w +/- 5%... 50 watt sq. ft... You could fill a 3x2' scrog screen with one plant in rdwc, or maybe 2 plants in coco/perlite.. The coco/perlite , drain to waste, would be the simplest and most forgiving way to start.....
Check my pic heavy Waterloo thread for a how to on filling a scrog screen.... Pretty much a step by step... You just keep the girl down until you tell her it's OK to stretch... The trick is to keep everything at, or an inch or so above the screen until 12/12.... after 12/12, a week or 10 days, the plant will really take off...
Pot plants are so obedient.... They do what they're told to do, when they're told to do it... If gardening was as easy as raising pot, we'd all be eating a lot better...

Dr Fish, your plant pic-s are super nice. I wish I could learn to grow half as you do. Mine just grow, I am afraid to cut anything off. But I need badly to get more yield with my next grow. Do we have somewhere not very complicated description, how to scrog and train the plants? :Namaste:

Nice cabinet. Have you thought about ventilation yet? You will surely need fresh air coming into your grow. That is mandatory. I don't know how you plan to ventilate being that I see no holes in your box. Also, is smell not an issue? One plant flowering could put out a stink. Your top shelf may be used for a small carbon filter. Cut a hole up top, 4in, use a small carbon can, slap a 90 elbow on it, and pull air through carbon out of box into fan outside cabinet.

sweet grow box nice job ill take humilty please lol what ever light set up just make sure to add some PC fanes or something to clear the heat in the room or you'll never get you humility right

Thanks for all the advice everyone, Here is an update on the grow cabinet...
I had to take out the shelf temporally till i get the light installed then i'm just going to put a small one in by the outlets on the Right... Going today to get a 90 degree elbow and a 6" hole saw to run exhaust out of box...I have 25 feet of ducting to run down behind the box and under the house to a foundation vent...Only thing left to buy is the light... I'm so torn between a 450 watt LED or a sun system 315 Please Help!!!

IMAG021125.jpg
IMAG021021.jpg

I'm a HPS girl you have the inline fan to push it so your good but ya LED will less on the Hydro bill and obviously less heat I would go with HPS just to get big rock nugs

Nothing left to do but hang the light, still haven't decided which one and drop the seeds in some water.... I put a seal all around the door so now it is air tight, the only air coming in is from the vent which has a HEPA filter and a square carbon filter to prevent odor leakage if fan isn't running... I also put a small shelf back in by the outlets...next I'll be making an adjustable SCROG screen to maximize my yield..

How many plants could I or should I grow in the box with SCROG?

IMAG021428.jpg
IMAG021326.jpg
IMAG021528.jpg

Well Here it is, I finished it Today...I decided on two different lights. I bought a 10,000 lumen T5 light for starting the seed/seedlings and when there 3 or 4" high I will hang the 600 watt LED light... I'm doing a test grow with lettuce, basil, and a few other herbs to plant in the garden to make sure i have all the bugs worked out before moving on to the actual grow...

IMAG023018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom