Grow Journal: GJCN420M-2023:03 - Wildling 2019 Trio

Ravenplume

What's a Ravenplume cannabis grow without some of my 2019 Wildlings? These have proven to be such a good basic stock, fairly quick sprouting and usually pretty healthy and hearty even as sprouts, I like to have at least one each season now; plus subjects for additional experiments and projects.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-00.JPG

So the first girl I get from these (they are unfeminized, so a crapshoot what I get) will be this year's Fawn, and she will get to grow up an indoor/outdoor plant in a 5 gallon bucket, once weather permits.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-01.JPG

Come to think of it, the second one will also be a bucket girl, and she will be subject to the feminization experiment and get self pollinated (which I believe will trigger a name and claim.)

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-02.JPG

And if I get a third, then who knows what I will do with her? Perhaps she will get handed over to my little brother for continuing.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-03.JPG

That last one is the youngest, and is still getting its stride, so pay no mind to its sickliness at this time.

Any other Wildling 2019s I start will get rolled into this project as well; except this year's 4/20 Challenge subjects (only the "leftovers" would get reassigned to this project.)

And here are the sprout/plant statistics:

S:48/49 - Sprouted 2022-12-21 / Planted 12-24
S:50 - Sprouted 2023-01-15 / Planted 01-17

These may only be Wildling hybrids, from a pair of opportunity seeds grown out for 2019, but they are definitely a good base seed to have, and this is truly an imperial buttload I have as well.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-04.JPG

What's a Ravenplume cannabis grow without some of my 2019 Wildlings? These have proven to be such a good basic stock, fairly quick sprouting and usually pretty healthy and hearty even as sprouts, I like to have at least one each season now; plus subjects for additional experiments and projects.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-00.JPG

So the first girl I get from these (they are unfeminized, so a crapshoot what I get) will be this year's Fawn, and she will get to grow up an indoor/outdoor plant in a 5 gallon bucket, once weather permits.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-01.JPG

Come to think of it, the second one will also be a bucket girl, and she will be subject to the feminization experiment and get self pollinated (which I believe will trigger a name and claim.)

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-02.JPG

And if I get a third, then who knows what I will do with her? Perhaps she will get handed over to my little brother for continuing.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-03.JPG

That last one is the youngest, and is still getting its stride, so pay no mind to its sickliness at this time.

Any other Wildling 2019s I start will get rolled into this project as well; except this year's 4/20 Challenge subjects (only the "leftovers" would get reassigned to this project.)

And here are the sprout/plant statistics:

S:48/49 - Sprouted 2022-12-21 / Planted 12-24
S:50 - Sprouted 2023-01-15 / Planted 01-17

These may only be Wildling hybrids, from a pair of opportunity seeds grown out for 2019, but they are definitely a good base seed to have, and this is truly an imperial buttload I have as well.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-04.JPG
I like your ambition.

Ugh. Like Bubblegum:04, Wildling-2019:S50 just withered up and died on me.
Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-05.JPG

This one isn't a huge tragedy though, since I actually have another half dozen being germinated for a timing study (average time to sprout, flower, and harvest), and first one of those to sprout will become the replacement for :50, taking its place in the canister as :51.

Got a good update coming for the Feyleaf-2023 journal as well. But saving that for tomorrow.

Time for another status update.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-06.JPG

Active players at this point are :48, :49, and :51

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-07.JPG

Although there is still no telling whether or not it is male or female, :48 is on track to being my primary for this project, and will likely get some sort of planter upgrade.

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-08.JPG

Actually, I will likely do that with :49 as well, then when I remember, put them both on a 24 hour bout of darkness and see what we get when they flower. Big hope is that only one will flower initially, with no signs for a few days after on the other. If that happens, then the second will likely be a girl, and I can get it back into the veg lighting cycle stat. Also hoping they might be mature enough to take cuttings soon as well, perhaps by March after they get upgraded? Still haven't found the earliest point cuttings can be taken, but that is another project in progress...

Pixie-Sass-Trio-2023-09.JPG

S:51 was drawn from the Wildling Timings experiment, since I now have the sprout times of all except the 6th one, and there is no reason it can't still be a part of both projects; especially considering part of that experiment is again timings...Time to Sprout. Earliest Time to Flower, Time to Clone, and Time to Harvest. And the more subjects I have for these, the better.

So :51 gets to hurry up and wait and hopefully grow up properly, unlike its two predecessors who both used this canister.

Thanks. That is good information to know. Cloning is still something I have not yet had any success with, and am still learning. Still hoping after their first upgrades and get put into better lighting conditions, they will be ready for snippings by mid Spring. Heck, by then, Winter should be far enough gone that they can be indoor/outdoor plants for a while. And that gets me wondering, if a potted pot plant is kept outside and goes through the Spring Equinox, would that trigger flowering like when it happens in Fall?

And what are the cotys again? So much jargon I am stil unfamiliar with (other than my own I have been making up).

Ah, just figured that day being a 12/12 like Fall. My bad. Still, bucket over the plants for a couple days (or perhaps just small black plastic bags (endless supply at the Woof Waste baggie dispensers along our river walk...around a node or two , if the individual nodes can be kept in total darkness might do it.)

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Well, from what I remember, all Wildling:00/2019 plants failed to produce last year, just due to my negligence and trying to do too much at once.

And since it looks like I have none active at this time (just did a head count and confirmed no W:00 plants), I am fine with being put in Abandoned Journals until I remedy that. Then again, I think that is my next little task after finally taking care of these and getting them into dirt...
Stuff Ready to Plant.jpg

Just assorted squashes/pumpkins, chili peppers and a couple different broccolis that I might have neglected a bit too long. We will see if any of these survived. But after I get those dealt with, I will see about continuing this journal.

Let's go ahead and close this one out and I will start a fresh one for my Wildling-00:2019 seeds.

Back
Top Bottom