Grow Journal

Looks like a pretty nice strain with good yields :passitleft:
may i ask what is the medical reason? :ganjamon:

Crohn's disease... no insurance so I rely on cannabis for relief... and relief it gives lol I can have intense cramps in the morning waking up hurting either having to vomit or shit but hell not even 10 seconds after smoking my stomach will start to calm down and settle which In turn helps everything else a ton... without cannabis it sucks for the first few hours of the day... and night.... and sometimes mid day depending on what I eat...

there are a lot of different compounds that help with crohns and I'd like to try and grow me an even CBD THC strain to see if I benefit from the higher CBD levels as that is also another useful compound for crohns.

I know what you mean, sometimes I take four dumps before noon. We went with harlequin for that.

Right now it's actually pretty good. I do still deal with the cramps and nausea and stuff in the morning but smoking helps that.. but for some completely unknown reason within the last some months my diarrhea has stopped completely... no idea why it's the first time in around a decade I've had solid stools... but before I started smoking to help my symptoms I'd use the restroom anywhere from 15-25 times a day even back when I took those god awful medicines the doctors gave me none of it helped one bit. Atleast with the cannabis even if I did have loose stools I didn't have to use the restroom but 5-10 times a day because my stomach isnt as inflamed and just violently trying to force everything out one way or the other. The stupid god awful steroids I use to take didn't even help worth a damn with the inflammation but it sure as hell had its own side effects lmao.

But of course if I run out of smoke it all goes back to shit in overdrive and just sucks so that's why I'm trying to dial my grow in to where I don't run out anymore. Unfortunately it's not a cure haha but it is one hell of a temporary solution. Eventually I'd like to start making edible hash capsules and whatnot with some potent doses to see if it helps more and to see if I can get to a point where I can take something at night so it's still in my system when I wake up and my stomachs still relaxed..

The CBD helps with inflammation four times better than Advil, so that may have something to do with it. I feel for you brother, I have some form of undiagnosed IBD, chronic pain from two recent hip surgeries and nerve damage from being under traction and stretching the nerves to the point of destruction. Painkillers make me sick and probably would make me a grimy person in general so I stay away from all that. And now big pharma wants to give me something that causes a bunch of side effects that they manufacture separate meds just for them. It's a no-brainer for me lmao

So I was originally growing two plants in bloom but one has been finished for some time as they were put in a different times but regardless they are clones from the same mother.

Here is the 12/12 clone at around day 56... mostly nice light orange receded hairs and trichomes were mostly cloudy with around 10% amber
420-magazine-mobile1778984272.jpg

Here is my clone that was grown under 13/11 for most of its bloom cycle.. it also gets more direct light. This is at around day 60.... around the same amount of receded light orange hairs however she has a mega-fuck ton of extra hairs lol also a bit fatter...
420-magazine-mobile587284695.jpg

Trichomes are maturing at roughly the same pace on both plants but I do feel as if the second plant has more trichomes overall I mean certain buds just have insane clusters of trichomes that I can see glimmer from quiet a distance lol... though I'll never know for sure lol I am hoping I notice a slight difference in smoke though.

Probably going to chop her in a next Monday... by then the trichomes will be where I want them anyhow idk what's up with the hair situation and if it's caused by the 13/11 or the extra light in general but it's definitely a first for me as even the mother plant that came from seed had the pistil development like the first picture shown.

Here is the first special queen #1 I grew she came from a seed. She also received a 13/11 light schedule during mid flower but only for one week before I decided to switch back to 12/12 compared to my current one that received 13/11 for a month or so. Anyhow this girl gave me 65 grams dry.. I was happy enough for my first harvest lol good smoke and a lovely smell. The popcorn is what really saved me on this plant though... she had a shitload of popcorn I did a staggered harvest on her and chopped for around two weeks.
420-magazine-mobile1771277036.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1344829064.jpg
she did not get topped I only LST'd and I didn't even start that until 12/12 lol.

Anyhow have any ideas as what may of directly caused this clone to have so many hairs compared to the other or mother? I'm not worried or anything I know trichomes are what matter I just happened to find it odd when i had finally realized it out of the blue lol. I definitely want the hairs to get that light orange color for bag appeal.

I know I already made a post similar to this yesterday but I figured I'd do a side by side by side comparison with the three special queens I've grown lol.

Well I'm chopping today I'll do a final update in a week and that's it... equipment is being sold and vegging plants are being gifted. Life situations

Holy shit my dry weight was 587 total..... so normally my special queen loses around 70% wet weight going off of my other two girls... so if that's the case I can expect somewhere around 160-180 grams a hell of a lot more than I thought... I'm definitely excited for that plant to dry. My original goal was around 6-8 ounces between the two plants I had in the tent... my first girl gave me 6 grams under 3 ounces. A bit into the grow I started thinking I was aiming way to high and thinking I'd be lucky to break 6 and a half ounces but shit by the looks of it I'm gonna be hitting what I wanted.

420-magazine-mobile1830876840.jpg
couple small nugs that were almost done drying.... won't be long now before I can jar her up.... already fasted dried small branch a few days ago when I was low lol.

Also after cutting everything off of the stems and letting them lay spread out to finish drying it's looking like weight will be roughly 140g give or take. More than I originally hoped so that's good... will inform a better exact once completely finished drying though.

I bet! How's she smokin?

Decent for no cure she will definitely improve though. I'll have some here and there but I try to save the bulk for cure as I'm a lot more satisfied with her after a 2 week cure it does make a pleasant difference that you can gradually tell in the bud as she cures longer. Less green which really helps showcase the true aroma and taste.

That's awesome that's she pretty decent no cure! Means you'll have some killer stuff in a few weeks. How long are you planning to let the majority cure?

That's awesome that's she pretty decent no cure! Means you'll have some killer stuff in a few weeks. How long are you planning to let the majority cure?

I'm going to try to go two weeks before I start smoking her on a regular daily basis then that'll still give the other jars more time to cure.

Back
Top Bottom