Grow Journal

Looks good man..I've been looking forward to an update on these girls. I'm super excited to see how that scrog turns out for you

Yeah its not uncommon for me to only post 5-6 veg updates a grow lol at least the first 90% of veg at least... I usually stay focused on the flowering plants but I did transplant today and will flip next week so I will be doing more updates in the future.. itll be easier to take pictures now that I have more room colored lighting in the tent.

Well I did the transplant and it wasnt fun but nonetheless it is done...
420-magazine-mobile2100852119.jpg
420-magazine-mobile856988635.jpg
420-magazine-mobile676959885.jpg

Im hoping that by running my 3k QB it will cause my plants to start stretching a bit more without all the blues... the bastards will not grow upwards at all lol the exact opposite of the problem I was having... they are getting pretty bushy now though so it wont be much longer before I flip... Cant even really tell ive been plucking dozens of fan leaves lol but im thinking the transplant will of done good as they were all pretty bound and needed more room as they were starting to get finkity plus im not a fan of watering every day or other day im a once or twice a week guy lol... I wasnt planning on vegging this long but its all good now that they all got an extra couple gallons of soil they should take off and have enough nutes to get them a couple weeks into flower... and the larger pots brung them a tad closer of closer as now I can start actually LST'ing them with it.

The pictures dont do it much justice suprisingly that 60W does a pretty good job at lighting that 4x2 up alone and it puts off little heat at all. I would love to get a 4k veg model sometime as I think I could easily veg my 4x2 with just one. Or you could build a reflector on these things and really intensify the light directly on one plant. You can see the mars hydro 300's boards are half the size yet twice the watts of the QB and lets not compare the width haha.. but because they are all so packed in together it does make for a lot of heat even with the fan and heatsink it puts off a decent bit... but it is old technology and its cheap they make MUCH better lights but I do love my mars 300's and once I complete my flower room to my likings theyll just be moved to veg/side lights. And maybe if mars produces some more cobs ill try some of those down the road as I know sarah said she would mention the idea to her boss (about producing more cob lights)... maybe he'll say yeah they did a good job on the limited production one they produced and id like to see more.

Looks like I timed this well.. looking good man..

Looks like I timed this well.. looking good man..

Thanks and definitely this is the best part of the grow these girls dont take to long at all to flower.. ive chopped as early as day 56 of 12/12 with great results. Now this grow im just focusing on max yield in that 4x2... I also have the remaining two special queens flowering in a garbage can already lol... had to get creative for space I didnt want to throw them away when I can easily get an 20-40 grams out of them while waiting for my main ones to veg to size... ill probably do periodic updates of them in the future as well as they are starting to bud up. Im going to take clones but idk if im going to be doing another grow with her... as mentioned ideally I plan on giving a clone to a couple different friends so I can always get her back (taking a 1-3 month break after this grow while I relocate before I start back up) call me paranoid but idk id hate to toss her and hope the next one is identical haha and she has been doing me well.

Its so thin and sexy lmao and it really is bright... I can stare directly in the mars 300's but I cant stare into the QB without seeing stars... im also impressed with the little heat output thanks to the spreaded of the LED's much more cool than my mars 300's granted its half the wattage it also doesn't have a fan or heatsink. Very easy to put together as im not a very big DIY'er as im not experienced but its as simple as stripping an old 2 prong cord and connecting it to the driver negative to negative positive to positive lol I didnt realize that the negative side of cords has a rigid edge before this so thats nice to know when the cords are both black. All in all it took about 10 minutes to have everything setup for hanging all you need is some steel lines and fishing swivels as hooks... but it all went well and the driver worked great just used tape to connect my power cord and the a/c is connected with the molex connectors which are neat but a bit difficult for the gauge wire the driver uses but I guess a smug tight is best anyhow. But I definitely am a fan of the size and I think making a 4-6 board light covering my 4x2 would be badass... but thats just options for down the road whenever I start up my next grow.
I know the light is pretty but you gotta stop staring at it I know it's hard, but just look at the pictures. Your gonna burn your retinas out. But it is an awsome light. Lol

I know the light is pretty but you gotta stop staring at it I know it's hard, but just look at the pictures. Your gonna burn your retinas out. But it is an awsome light. Lol
I REALLY want one lol. It's hard fighting myself. Cuz it's a ripple effect. New light then next thing u know I'll want a new tent. Then it needs a new fan etc etc etc. The internal battle is real. Who will prevail....

I REALLY want one lol. It's hard fighting myself. Cuz it's a ripple effect. New light then next thing u know I'll want a new tent. Then it needs a new fan etc etc etc. The internal battle is real. Who will prevail....

Cant ever go wrong with more light... if you can cram it in your tent it will definitely bump up quality and quantity lol. Thats why I like it because its only 60W max so its not terribly expensive to buy one here and there and all else you need is a 24v 50W 60W driver and an old 2 prong power cord. And each light should make a nice noticeable impact.

Did another large defolation today... picked 12-20 off of each plant they are really getting bushy.. Im going to flip tonight... the stretch should bring the lower branches up and help fill out the rest of the screen nicely... The couple plants that were acting a little funny after the transplant are back into overdrive spitting out healthy new growth.
420-magazine-mobile1647902343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1818927791.jpg

Did another large defolation today... picked 12-20 off of each plant they are really getting bushy.. Im going to flip tonight... the stretch should bring the lower branches up and help fill out the rest of the screen nicely... The couple plants that were acting a little funny after the transplant are back into overdrive spitting out healthy new growth.
Nice. Back on track. I'll be here with my notepad. Need to watch the scrog live in action. And I think I'm gonna be better off just doing a diy qb once they get them back in stock. Just grab a couple then slowly start getting the other parts online.

Love love the Walmart fabric bag pots! I'll be learning and watching. thanks!

Lookin good dude I'm stoked to see your scrog in action and what kinda yields you get. Are you still using the same line of nutrients you were last grow?

Lookin good dude I'm stoked to see your scrog in action and what kinda yields you get. Are you still using the same line of nutrients you were last grow?

Yeah I had gotten a shitload of dyna gro lol... I have
1 32oz protek
1 32oz foilage pro
1 32oz bloom
1 32oz magpro
1 8oz Bloom
1 8oz Magpro
1 8oz K-L-N

All for the whopping price of!!!! (Drum roll pleaseee) 29$ in all... . They offered samples and the sample pack I got came with all of that minus the 8oz bloom and 8oz magpro.. they had messed up my shipment but promptly fixed it I received those two extras during the fiasco. It is a good nutrient line sadly they dont offer the same samples anymore they still offer the solution preview pack but now its 19.99$ for the whole line in 8oz bottles. I wont need nutes for years... well besides maybe protekt depending on how much I use. Everything else im still on the small bottles havent even touched my 32oz'ers yet.

Dyna gro is pretty concentrated too.. most of my plants only receive half the recommended doses by chop time (around 1/2tsp ea of whatever I decide to add).. my last plant was the exception eating more than the recommended lol.. but she was a damn beast

Nice. Back on track. I'll be here with my notepad. Need to watch the scrog live in action. And I think I'm gonna be better off just doing a diy qb once they get them back in stock. Just grab a couple then slowly start getting the other parts online.

Definitely man just buy a couple boards when you have the $ and they are in stock.. if you go with the 120's all you need is a couple 15$ drivers from ebay I can link you when/if you need and just any old two prong cords from an old appliance just make sure its long enough. Then you can find everything you'd need to hang it for dollars at walmart... all in all you could have you a 120-140W from the wall QB light for 100-105$ I believe they say these lights put off 10,000 lumens each which is very good you definitely arent getting near 10,000 lumens with 60-70W of CFL. 60W of CFL would be around 4800 lumens.

Yeah I had gotten a shitload of dyna gro lol... I have
1 32oz protek
1 32oz foilage pro
1 32oz bloom
1 32oz magpro
1 8oz Bloom
1 8oz Magpro
1 8oz K-L-N

All for the whopping price of!!!! (Drum roll pleaseee) 29$ in all... . They offered samples and the sample pack I got came with all of that minus the 8oz bloom and 8oz magpro.. they had messed up my shipment but promptly fixed it I received those two extras during the fiasco. It is a good nutrient line sadly they dont offer the same samples anymore they still offer the solution preview pack but now its 19.99$ for the whole line in 8oz bottles. I wont need nutes for years... well besides maybe protekt depending on how much I use. Everything else im still on the small bottles havent even touched my 32oz'ers yet.

Dyna gro is pretty concentrated too.. most of my plants only receive half the recommended doses by chop time (around 1/2tsp ea of whatever I decide to add).. my last plant was the exception eating more than the recommended lol.. but she was a damn beast

I've got the smaller preview pack lol I have barely touched any of them as well..I added 1/4 strength protekt and KLN when I transplanted and had a little bit of nute burn but that's it

Love love the Walmart fabric bag pots! I'll be learning and watching. thanks!

Thanks and Ill let you know how I like the bags.. they are a bit to big for my grow as the bastards can hold 7 gallons of soil so I probably wont be using them again... however they are only 50 cents each and they are appearing to do the job.

I've got the smaller preview pack lol I have barely touched any of them as well..I added 1/4 strength protekt and KLN when I transplanted and had a little bit of nute burn but that's it

Yeah itll last you a while definitely worth having so many smaller bottles for the price of one large bottle off amazon. I knew you are the person I recommended them to I didnt realize you were who I replied to at the time either though haha

Back
Top Bottom