Grow set up: tent running out of space I need a second room

Jerrix509

So currently at my medical grow I am running out of space in my 4x8 I was planning on hopefully finishing my pheno hunt on 18/6 before I ran out of space. But the time is coming, I don’t have much room now. I’m going to be building this room by hanging panda plastic and Im still kind of figuring out how I want to frame it and design. I wanted to buy a 10 x 10 tent but I’m still paying off my leds so building is my only option for now.

I wondering if anyone can share any cool setup photos and advice that may help me spark ideas.

I will have to buy lights I got ventilation already under control.
Any recommendations... can you share your pics of your light? what was the light you wish you bought if there is one? Which one do you want to try next? I’d like to be able to flip the room back in forth from veg to flower if needed just in case I decide I want to flower in that instead.

I’m thinking a 6x16 space is what I want to build. Id have plenty of space to have a couple established moms, some vegging, a space to grow clones and seeds, and room to work inside.
Can I see your setups?

Your mom, clone & veg space should be smaller, your flower area should be larger. Bigger plants more space between plants etc.

Right on, yes it’s nice to swap it all around if need be.

I’m running mars hydro sp250’s
Yeah I’m stuck between short veg time and more plants or bigger plants longer grow time. I was considering the smaller tent for flowering only because I want to have a nice collection of moms in the big tent. What do you think? I should be able to pull it off in the 4x8? I am also pheno hunting at the moment.

You are the man or the woman! See you know what you are planning to do & I don’t. Just tossing ideas but yes make it fit into your style of growing but I do love the idea of cross compatibility.

The new room is a veg room or a bloom room as you need it to be! Pheno hunt sounds fun!

We tend to think a fixed room or tent is needed but you can do a lot with just panda film. Cool stuff!

One idea I use is to put a bunch of sturdy wood screw type J hooks evenly spaced on each side near my lights, that way the mounts are there so if I choose to put one light or 6 lights in there my mounting hardware is already in place and I can move ratchet pulleys and lights in a snap if necessary.

Best of luck!

You are the man or the woman! See you know what you are planning to do & I don’t. Just tossing ideas but yes make it fit into your style of growing but I do love the idea of cross compatibility.

The new room is a veg room or a bloom room as you need it to be! Pheno hunt sounds fun!

We tend to think a fixed room or tent is needed but you can do a lot with just panda film. Cool stuff!

One idea I use is to put a bunch of sturdy wood screw type J hooks evenly spaced on each side near my lights, that way the mounts are there so if I choose to put one light or 6 lights in there my mounting hardware is already in place and I can move ratchet pulleys and lights in a snap if necessary.

Best of luck!
I think I’m going to just use some 1x2s I will just need to frame 2 walls. Line with the panda

Best of luck!
I would use the larger tent for flower and smaller for veg and mothers.

That panda skin is only stopping air & light so it doesn’t need much framing.

I agree that’s what I said from the start. Use smaller space to feed the bigger space
I will only need a corner if anything now that I’m think more my tent’s exhaust is mounted to the ceiling already the one I build will be no different just the ducting will go through the panda, and hang the carbon filter on the inside basically identical to the way the air is set up now

the silver thing is a duct silencer
6DA66F31-854B-4967-9461-0B8A2DFF3F9B.jpeg

just a pic of the tent
195CBFF5-5E28-4573-B4E3-963060B1237F.jpeg

Here is just what it looks like simple nothing special
47D0A2C3-E512-45CA-83B4-AE947B4A147B.jpeg

I wasn’t going to show it off but I will this is what’s in the tent. I got a root bound one in the back with the tops yellowing I got my cuttings I’m trying to find a home for her. First plan was to flower her but I still need another light to go into the new space.
DEF1489E-96BB-4CBB-9353-F1ABC845C366.jpeg

And my lights.
FC604F8B-DCA7-47FA-8F5B-40F074D092D2.jpeg

Nice setup 4 X 8, that’s a monster! I need to beef up my ventilation not having heat problems yet but July + August is tough here.

Good even canopy with a lot of plants

thank you. We get hot here too up to 100f in July. It’s been a cooler year than normal I think. I’m fortunate that my shop is insulated really well. I might end up having to get an ac

i think they would do better out of the tent on during the hot times get some space to breath too, the smaller space would get hot - possibly really humid. some strains can handle it though, but its best to just try and keep the environment consistent and if it does change hopefully it isnt drastic but slow and the plants can have a chance to adapt.

Have you thought of running multiple levels? Scaling horizontally is for farmes, the urban grower must scale up. If you're building, you could build a small "ground floor" for your vegging plants (you will have to do LST or something) and a top level for flowering. Something like a wheelchair garden.

1592270724718.png

Have you thought of running multiple levels? Scaling horizontally is for farmes, the urban grower must scale up. If you're building, you could build a small "ground floor" for your vegging plants (you will have to do LST or something) and a top level for flowering. Something like a wheelchair garden.

1592270724718.png
i could make it work i got a high enough ceiling i think 12ft

Back
Top Bottom