Grow Tent - Access Hydroponics - Product Review

Truth Seeker

Have I got a review for you, I have recently just acquired a new Grow Tent, compliments of one of our loyal sponsors Access Hydroponic. Now if you have been in my journals, you know about my DIY setup, although there is not really much difference in design wise, but material wise, WOW! Let’s just say this is a major step up. Follow me on the unpacking of a Grow Tent from Access Hydroponic.

First off, I was very impressed with the super speedy shipping, I got notification that the tent was sent out and the next morning, I awoke to find it at my front door. Brought it in the house and got to opening it.

GT1.jpg
GT2.jpg

As you can see here, they pack these boxes very tightly for secure shipping, the Heavy Duty Oxford Cloth and the connecting rods are all packed in plastic seals for extra security.

GT4.jpg
GT3.jpg

GT5.jpg

Comes complete with all the rods and instructions on assembly.

The cloth is inner lined with 100% reflective mylar which also has a floor panel which is also lined with the mylar and is waterproof for easy clean ups, you have your power cords up high, right? The rods are metal rods that have little clips on the inside of them, now this is probably my only issue that I had with the tent, when assembling the tent, the clips wouldn’t hold the pieces together in which a little bit of electrical tape came in handy, other than the clips, setup is wonderful.
GT6.jpg

Along with the frame rods, this tent comes with 2 hanger bars for your lights. It also comes with 5 vent holes which can fit either 4, 5 or 6 inch fans or exhaust. These vent holes also come with drawstrings to close them off or open when need extra venting. The cloth has a zipper opening that allows for easy access into the tent, which also has a strap that can be Velcro to the side of the tent which allow the user to keep the door out of the way. Along the bottom of the tent on the sides and 1 on the back, are some vents that are mesh covered, on the outside there are cloth covers that are secured in place, and can be removed easily, with Velcro as well.

GT7.jpg

Fully setup after a bowl and 1/2 hour.

As for the test run, I had yet to setup my fan inside it yet, and with a CFL fixture going, the tent got to 82 degrees, still without the intake fan going, I turned on the exhaust fan and opened 2 of the mesh vents half way, and it cooled back down inside to a nicely comfortable 73 degrees. I placed my plants in there for the light, and I looked through the vents and I could actually see movement on the leaves. I was amazed. Now with the fan, air circulation inside is amazing, it is so much better than my DIY setup. I totally recommend anyone looking for a tent, to get one of these from Access Hydroponics. I got the space restrictor as I like to call it, the 32 x 32 x 63 tent. It fits nicely in my room where the old setup used to be. But if you are looking for something bigger, they have multiple sizes ranging from 3 x 3, 4 x 4, 2 x 4, and all the way up to the 10 x 10.

Thank you again to Access Hydroponic for the wonderful Grow Tent!

Source: Accesshydroponic.com - Grow Tents

I will post up pictures of the plants inside really soon...

:peacetwo:

Looking all over for good tent reviews in this price range. Thank you!

Glad I could help! This tent is awesome! Only thing I could ask for is a bigger one! but for a small closet grow this one is great!

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Plastic clips are shit. Why would you spend 120 on that? Sorry, I know it's a sponsor, but please don't pawn off crap on people just to get a sponsor to give the site more money. Its bad business. Been through 3 sets of those shitty clips before I got pissed off and bought the stuff to build my own grow room for just under $100 from HD. If you are hell bent on a tent, buy one with metal support clips. A little extra money spent is far better than replacing plants because the light fell on them after your POS clip broke.

Plastic clips are shit. Why would you spend 120 on that? Sorry, I know it's a sponsor, but please don't pawn off crap on people just to get a sponsor to give the site more money. Its bad business. Been through 3 sets of those shitty clips before I got pissed off and bought the stuff to build my own grow room for just under $100 from HD. If you are hell bent on a tent, buy one with metal support clips. A little extra money spent is far better than replacing plants because the light fell on them after your POS clip broke.

Hi Shankin,

Sorry you had some bad experiences with your go at tents brotha. I do not spread lies, I spread only the truth. Sponsor or not, I put my honest opinion of this tent in my review, I can not say that I did hang a lot from the hangers as it was only the light hanging from it, but I did however have a exhaust fan sitting on the top of the tent that was also supported up by the hanger bars with the plastic clips.

I did move from my own DIY tub room to this tent and I have to say, this tent is great.

Also, this tent is not $120 brotha. It is actually less than what you spent on your DIY. This tent is only $89.99 and it also has free shipping, as I said in my review, it was here the next day.

Thank you for your opinion, but again, I gave my honest opinion on this tent and it worked and is still working great to this day!

Here is the link to this exact tent: Access Hydroponic - Grow Tent 32x32x63

My DIY does not have clips that fail. The tent I purchased was the exact same one. I am not saying AccessHydroponics is a bad retailer, just that they retail poorly made equipment when it comes to tents.The other 40 was replacement parts for said tent. Keep in mind, they do not manufacture these tents but mass order them from China and sell them at a bulk rate discount. Do a search on various mass retailing websites and see how many tents of various different makes look exactly the same as the one pictured above. A horse by any other name is still a horse. Its a design flaw that will cost you if you hang a well made, but heavy carbon filter/hood from the cross members. Its probably meant for LED's with an external CF. But then the site shouldn't claim that it is suitable for 400, 600, or 1k watt grow light systems as this implies it will hold a heavy hood and fact is, it will not.

Just my experience with this tent.

My DIY does not have clips that fail. The tent I purchased was the exact same one. I am not saying AccessHydroponics is a bad retailer, just that they retail poorly made equipment when it comes to tents.The other 40 was replacement parts for said tent. Keep in mind, they do not manufacture these tents but mass order them from China and sell them at a bulk rate discount. Do a search on various mass retailing websites and see how many tents of various different makes look exactly the same as the one pictured above. A horse by any other name is still a horse. Its a design flaw that will cost you if you hang a well made, but heavy carbon filter/hood from the cross members. Its probably meant for LED's with an external CF. But then the site shouldn't claim that it is suitable for 400, 600, or 1k watt grow light systems as this implies it will hold a heavy hood and fact is, it will not.

Just my experience with this tent.

Totally understand, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Good or bad, everyone should always know others thoughts. That way everyone can make their own decisions on what they are going to do.

:thanks: again brotha! I am glad to know that you have accommodated your grow room to your likings, after all, thats what is going to make our girls happy!

And to say something positive about Access Hydro, if you look at their 4x4x6.5 tent it has all metal construction (U shape bends at the ends of the cross bar that lay across the support frame). Reflective Interior 48x48x79 inch Hydroponic Grow Tent Box - Access Hydroponic If the fabric quality is the same as it is for the smaller one then it should be a winner. My only real complaint with the smaller one is the plastic clips. Maybe you could speak with the sponsor about addressing this?

Hi Arizonameds,

If I would have had the space to have a bigger tent, I would have had a bigger tent! I was space restricted and the 32x32 was just the right size for what I was replacing.

Glad I could help!

Did you clips have the rib connecting the L shape? Thank you for your input. I'm actually looking for a 4x4 tent. I have a room that's 4'9"x8'5" and I think it will be tight for the width, but I think I can still work with it. You gave this link Reflective Interior 48x48x79 inch Hydroponic Grow Tent Box - Access Hydroponic and I think it will work for me. Last year I made do with what I had & realize I need a separate space for my grow. Much easier to control pests, lights, & ventilation this way.

I want one of the lil cheap tents to work with seedlings and clones with lightweight cfl's. I would be afraid to hang anything with any real weight on it like a hid with a air cooled hood plus fan, all three plus charcoal would be a failure and I am sure like Shankin said would end up killing your plant, ruining your equip and possibly the worst of all the fire hazard potential. I will do a little diy reinforcing to the cheap tent and make it work for my needs. Even after getting my tent at cost I overspent and either have to get out the circular saw and lumber $ frame up a small area in our bedroom (rental, nah.)or spend a hundred bucks and get a 2nd tent to work on a different light regimen.
Thanks for the thread TruthSeeker and I'll let ya know how it works out for me.

With some reinforcement the original tent is fine. And as you said, It will not have an air cooled HID hood hanging from it. That plus a 20lb carbon filter is just more than the plastic can handle. Some cfl's with cone reflectors would work great during veg when odor hasn't become a killer yet as they may combine for a total of 10 pounds. Or mount your carbon filter outside the tent. 100mph tape (the shiney silver crap they hold airplanes together with in the military) would work great to reinforce the joints, its the clips that attach the cross members at the top of the tent to the frame that fail. I am sure there is a way to remedy this as well but I lost patience with the tent and it has since been recycled into a darkroom for outside blooming in the middle of summer. I didn't need the cross beams to just house some plants to provide a dark environment.

Hey truth, wasn't trying to rock your boat, sorry. I was just dream shopping a bit I guess. I am going to order one of those 89 dollar tents and some black electrical tape:) Thanks for the hook-up

Hi Arizonameds,

No worries brotha, boat is steady as the plants leaves on a breeze-less day. :thumb:

I hope you like the tent as much as I enjoy it! The electrical tape is optional, I was putting the tent together alone and I couldn't hold all 4 posts at the same time, so the tape was my helper. Once you get the frame into the tent, it will support itself pretty tightly.

Well, I ordered my tent, fan, filter & some nutes. Took advantage of the labor day weekend free shipping deal. It got here by the end of the week and everything looks to be in order. I need to prepare the room I am growing in before I set up my tent. Need to do some insulating & drywall work as well as lay down something on the floor so the tent isn't sitting on concrete. I'm thinking of just cutting up an old rug to fit. The 4x4 tent I got has 3 metal hangers for the roof. No plastic! Once I build it, I will let you guys know how it works out. I learned from my past mistakes & know to have everything ready BEFORE the grow starts. I know now that I wasn't the exception to the rule when everyone else said the same thing. :straightface:

How much did you end up paying for the tent? Just curious as I know someone looking for a good deal. This will sound weird but I am really jazzed that my Secret Jardin Intense tent came damaged. It got some pinholes in one door from the nail brads going through the material when the crate got damaged. Anyways secret jar din agreed to refund 100 dollars to the dealer and in turn he's sending me a Gro Lab 60 for free :) all I have to do is buy a 5 dollar tube of black silicone and put it on the holes with the end of a toothpick. So my seedling/clonebox tent is not going to cost me anything but 5 bucks.
Hey voucher did you feel like a kid on XMAS opening up your tent and other stuff you ordered?
I have been getting parts together for a DIY RDWC system and the ventilation parts needed to get my grow on the road. I too have learned the hard way putting the cart before the hoarse. Once we brought home a piglet before his pen and shelter was put up, what a bad idea

Back
Top Bottom