MarsHydro Grow Tent 4x4x8

Hey all, just got my new tent set up from Mars, and decided to share my opinon on the product.

As a disclaimer, the opinions are strictly that. My opinions. What may seem easy or difficult to me might seem difficult or easy to you. I have not been approached by MarsHydro, nor anyone else, to provide this information and is soley done at my own discretion.

Intro
I purchased the 4x4x80 tent on 2/12/19 and it arrived on 2/18/19. The product shipped from BC to ON so there were no delays outside of weather.
There was no damage to the package and the contents inside were undisturbed.

The first step was to check the contents for everything listed.

One thing that is missing, or I'm assuming it's missing or I dont understand, are the hangars, or tent cross members.

2: Lighting moving hangers. Other suppliers only have two hangers. We have four move hangers.

I only received three of these hangars so it's a little disappointing. The picture shows two of them, for reference, but there's more about the picture later down.

The second step was to assemble the frame. Every pole was marked clearly and fit together without any issue. Each spring button clicked fully in it's mating hole

The corner posts have plastic inserts on one side. Make sure they point to the floor and roof when assembling the frame. Failing to do so will put the sharp tube edges against the inner liner and possibly damaging it.

Once assembled I had to stand it up, but the ceiling is low making it impossible to do. The trick is to separate the two side poles center sections at the front door (do not remove them, just separate them at the joint), then tilt the unit up, door first, which allows the tent to flex down. Once upright insert the posts again. Simple!

Inside the tent is very reflective. As I was closing the vent holes from inside, the ones that were still open reflected the ambient light in different directions that seeped in. Once all the vents were closed the unit is light tight as advertised. I was sure I was going to see some leakage at the zippers but nothing. Well done!

Summary
The tent is well worth the money at $132.99 US. They had a 10% discount as well that was offered on their website, which was one of the reasons why I went with this unit. The other important factor is that they are a Sponsor here at 420, so it's good to support them too!
The 1680D material is strong and doesn't give you the feeling it wants to rip. Compared to typical 600D units this is by far a step up in quality for me. The tent has 2 x 8" vents, 4 x 6" vents, 2 utility openings for plugs etc., one utility pouch, 3 passive intakes, and door straps to keep the flap open. Two(2) side access panels as well that zip open.

From start to finish, it took me about 35 minutes. The longest time being to assemble the material to the frame. The instructions don't really state clearly how it's done, but there is a trick to it by the way it's unfolded, and pushed through the door. By the time I think I understood it, the tent was already unfolded and I found it easier in the end to lay it on the floor and pull it through the door.

Pros:
Cost
Quality
No Light Loss
Ease of setup (could improve on some instructions)

Cons:
Zippers are single sided. It's nice to have double sided zippers to open from the inside.
Utility pouch has plastic clips that open to hook onto the frame straps. They are hard to engage, just because it's plastic you are trying to press to open.

All in all I would rate this a great product for the money. The customer service at MarsHydro has always been top notch and are always willing to listen to complaints or concerns. I would highly recommend their tents based on what I have seen so far. The rest is in the grow :)

I do have a question for anyone really. Why is it you get two hangars like the pic below with different profiles?

Just guessing here,but if you received 2 of the one on the right,and one of the left style,it could be possible that it has a shorter drop to make up for any sag when you hang a light in the center of the tent?
To keep all 3 lights at the same distance from the canopy?
Although,lights are adjustable,so ...
Like I said,just a guess,probably wrong,but,hey-I took a shot...

Nice review,btw -very informative and well done:thumb:

The 2 different hangers are because if you put them in the roof in an X pattern they would run smack into each other in the center of the ceiling. One hangs a tiny bit lower so they clear each other. This way also is good because 1 hanger gets extra support from the one below it as well.

Just guessing here,but if you received 2 of the one on the right,and one of the left style,it could be possible that it has a shorter drop to make up for any sag when you hang a light in the center of the tent?
To keep all 3 lights at the same distance from the canopy?
Although,lights are adjustable,so ...
Like I said,just a guess,probably wrong,but,hey-I took a shot...

Nice review,btw -very informative and well done:thumb:
Thanks carcass. It's one of the one on the right, and two of the one on the left. Last company sent the same, so there must be a valid reason. Lights may be it, but like you said they are adjustable.

The 2 different hangers are because if you put them in the roof in an X pattern they would run smack into each other in the center of the ceiling. One hangs a tiny bit lower so they clear each other. This way also is good because 1 hanger gets extra support from the one below it as well.
Ya I thought of that but unthought of it quickly. I see what you mean and understand the purpose now :thanks:

Thanks carcass. It's one of the one on the right, and two of the one on the left. Last company sent the same, so there must be a valid reason. Lights may be it, but like you said they are adjustable.
Yep, if you look at the depth difference between the 2 you will see that the depth difference is the width of 1 of the pole. It's perfect this way.

Thanks,@fanleaf -I should've just waited to find out,since I don't even have a grow tent...Yet

There is one in my future,however,funds permitting...

:nomo: :ciao:

Yep, if you look at the depth difference between the 2 you will see that the depth difference is the width of 1 of the pole. It's perfect this way.

Right. Install the two parallel to each other, the different one goes in perpendicular to them (it crosses them).

Hey all, just got my new tent set up from Mars, and decided to share my opinon on the product.

As a disclaimer, the opinions are strictly that. My opinions. What may seem easy or difficult to me might seem difficult or easy to you. I have not been approached by MarsHydro, nor anyone else, to provide this information and is soley done at my own discretion.

Intro
I purchased the 4x4x80 tent on 2/12/19 and it arrived on 2/18/19. The product shipped from BC to ON so there were no delays outside of weather.
There was no damage to the package and the contents inside were undisturbed.

The first step was to check the contents for everything listed.

One thing that is missing, or I'm assuming it's missing or I dont understand, are the hangars, or tent cross members.

I only received three of these hangars so it's a little disappointing. The picture shows two of them, for reference, but there's more about the picture later down.

The second step was to assemble the frame. Every pole was marked clearly and fit together without any issue. Each spring button clicked fully in it's mating hole

The corner posts have plastic inserts on one side. Make sure they point to the floor and roof when assembling the frame. Failing to do so will put the sharp tube edges against the inner liner and possibly damaging it.

Once assembled I had to stand it up, but the ceiling is low making it impossible to do. The trick is to separate the two side poles center sections at the front door (do not remove them, just separate them at the joint), then tilt the unit up, door first, which allows the tent to flex down. Once upright insert the posts again. Simple!

Inside the tent is very reflective. As I was closing the vent holes from inside, the ones that were still open reflected the ambient light in different directions that seeped in. Once all the vents were closed the unit is light tight as advertised. I was sure I was going to see some leakage at the zippers but nothing. Well done!

Summary
The tent is well worth the money at $132.99 US. They had a 10% discount as well that was offered on their website, which was one of the reasons why I went with this unit. The other important factor is that they are a Sponsor here at 420, so it's good to support them too!
The 1680D material is strong and doesn't give you the feeling it wants to rip. Compared to typical 600D units this is by far a step up in quality for me. The tent has 2 x 8" vents, 4 x 6" vents, 2 utility openings for plugs etc., one utility pouch, 3 passive intakes, and door straps to keep the flap open. Two(2) side access panels as well that zip open.

From start to finish, it took me about 35 minutes. The longest time being to assemble the material to the frame. The instructions don't really state clearly how it's done, but there is a trick to it by the way it's unfolded, and pushed through the door. By the time I think I understood it, the tent was already unfolded and I found it easier in the end to lay it on the floor and pull it through the door.

Pros:
Cost
Quality
No Light Loss
Ease of setup (could improve on some instructions)

Cons:
Zippers are single sided. It's nice to have double sided zippers to open from the inside.
Utility pouch has plastic clips that open to hook onto the frame straps. They are hard to engage, just because it's plastic you are trying to press to open.

All in all I would rate this a great product for the money. The customer service at MarsHydro has always been top notch and are always willing to listen to complaints or concerns. I would highly recommend their tents based on what I have seen so far. The rest is in the grow :)

I do have a question for anyone really. Why is it you get two hangars like the pic below with different profiles?

They cross over each other. I can take a sample picture of my mars tent and how I set them up. I really like the Mars tent so far and would recommend it again to anyone!

Hope your we’ll Sauga and nIce review

Ya got the bars figured out right away after a little bump in the head from an earlier post.
I wrote them as I'm supposed to have four light moving hangars.

2: Lighting moving hangers. Other suppliers only have two hangers. We have four move hangers.

Did you only get three in yours @Dutchman1990

So am I short two because one is the cross, or just one? Should I have two one way and two the other? Like a tic tac toe board at the top of the tent.

Here:

The woman puts them in at 3:25.

Hi @MrSauga , thanks for sharing this to us all! Well done review.
:thanks:
  • For the two side zipper advise, I will let our factory knows so that will make it into consideration in future
  • For the two hangers, as they will be one on the top, and one down side in a X shape, so the hookers is different. I think when you put them on the tent, you will know why. ;)
Anyway, thank you for the long time trust, we will try our best to imporve our work and help you as well. :green_heart:

You must be living in Fahrenheit 451. No one would think to look in there!

Are you kidding? It's a cannabis grow tent, lol - everyone is going to want to peak inside.

Er... That must be a translation error, because that word has a different meaning in (United States) English than you think it does :p .

Mars-Hydro makes good grow tents - and, for the price, they're great grow tents.

Remember to support the businesses that support our favorite forum!

How many hookers can you fit in a grow tent?

(Depends on whether or not it's laying on its side - and how much cash you have available :rofl:.)

It was either that one or the one about proper grow tent attire including a Magnum XXL ;) .

Back
Top Bottom