GROWant Smart 800Watt Osram LED Grow Light

I’m using the veg mode with sunrise/sunset. They are very lush looking plants , light is performing well.
EF8AFE07-AF39-416D-846E-A0D00E8D0DCC.jpeg
F0A38B63-F7A7-46C4-9A74-EB0B901AFC73.jpeg
549402D6-870B-44DC-866C-79A48B04CE6F.jpeg

Hey maxpar. Have u tried the lightning effect?

I have tried all the functions of the light , and I can tell you that if you choose clouds or lightning it will make the light come on at night when it’s supposed to be off. I’ve seen it flash at night , during veg it’s one thing , but in flowering this would be devastating. I use the veg program with sunrise/sunset for energy savings and since I have two lights covering a 4x4 space it works well.

I personally( I have no data to support my claims) feel brief lightning will have no ill effect on your plants in flower. I have gone in to flower rooms with lights off either shot video footage or snapped pics with a flash on. I have personally seen no bad effects from this. A few lightning strikes the plants won't even notice.
Once again this is from my personal experience.
Also, if you feel like the lightning strikes during flower will have a negative effect you could always disable that feature.

I personally( I have no data to support my claims) feel brief lightning will have no ill effect on your plants in flower. I have gone in to flower rooms with lights off either shot video footage or snapped pics with a flash on. I have personally seen no bad effects from this. A few lightning strikes the plants won't even notice.
Once again this is from my personal experience.
Also, if you feel like the lightning strikes during flower will have a negative effect you could always disable that feature.
Its cool that your lights have the ability to adapt to their grower. Love growant!!!

I'm new to growing but have read the opposite on lighting durring dark cycle but have also seen alot of ppl shoot in the dark because of the contrast on the plants looks amazing.. But I have heard it will make your plant pop seeds and overall lower potency but I feel like this depends on the intensity of the light and duration. I could be wrong though I would love to read a journal experimenting on this. I might have to do it lol

Its cool that your lights have the ability to adapt to their grower. Love growant!!!

I'm new to growing but have read the opposite on lighting durring dark cycle but have also seen alot of ppl shoot in the dark because of the contrast on the plants looks amazing.. But I have heard it will make your plant pop seeds and overall lower potency but I feel like this depends on the intensity of the light and duration. I could be wrong though I would love to read a journal experimenting on this. I might have to do it lol

I definitely agree, that light intensity and duration are really the crucial factors. But a few random camera flashes or filming some footage for five ten minutes won't hurt.
That being said I try to limit any light exposure to the dark cycle.

I've always taken flash photos at night with no ill effect but that's just me

The flash is all Diodes, this means that 660nm is present and it’s not just a flash , it’s a couple. 660nm is a trigger for cannabis plants , if it was just blue or uv diodes, maybe that’s ok , really better not to power on when it’s powered off. It will go through a start up test program if the power goes out also. I don’t think it would be good to have it flash multiple times in the dark cycle and it’s turned off for me , I just use the sunrise/sunset function.

Also I’ve seen Diodes faintly lite up at night when th device is off, this isn’t the only led grow light I’ve seen that happen with. My CLW does it also, I had to add a timer so the power really goes off about 15 minutes after the light shits off from the program.
It doesn’t happen all the the time either , checked the other night and they were all off , no glow. I’ve fixed it with some lights by turning the cord around at the wall, it’s an off phase issue.

I love the design on these lights.

I'm purchasing one of these lights for a test grow.
GROWant Aluminum Smart 800Watt OSRAM LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - White_LED Grow Light_LED Grow Lights | GROWant | Germany Made OSRAM 2017 Horticulture LEDs

I have a 10x10 area for growing and have a couple of hybrid lights already going with some GG#4 plants , clones have been taken and a space for this light will be available. A single plant grow under this new light and videos with pictures coming.

IMG_300217.JPG
IMG_299423.JPG

IMG_300320.JPG
IMG_300518.JPG
IMG_30062.PNG
IMG_300419.JPG

Now that is COOL! I have an advanced and quite expensive video light device that's capable of simulating lighting strikes and many other light effects, but that a grow-light can do that is insanely cool. That means the light may have another possible use - Video FX lights. Since many can be connected and synced, that's an interesting idea.

bu
Hey maxpar. Have u tried the lightning effect?

Plants react to light, but they react very slow to light. That's the reason you can get away with taking some flash photos now and then, or open the tent during light out to check on something really quick.

I've always taken flash photos at night with no ill effect but that's just me

Plants react to light, but they react very slow to light. That's the reason you can get away with taking some flash photos now and then, or open the tent during light out to check on something really quick.
Ahhh so helpful thank you. I might start taking my update pics as soon as the lights shut off..then no purple/pink. Good idea?

A few minutes after lights out won't do any harm - I promise :)

But you can also use white balance setting in your camera to get natural colors under blurple light - I have found that with mylar, that's not always true though, so in the one tent I have with mylar, I have to color correct the pictures in photoshop.

I do however like the blurple effect when everything else looks natural.

Here's a photo done under blurple with white balance corrected
flower99.jpg

Ahhh so helpful thank you. I might start taking my update pics as soon as the lights shut off..then no purple/pink. Good idea?

We are temporarily closing this journal whilst we investigate the situation.

We ask everyone involved to please be civil and communicate behind the scenes to avoid making our job 420 times harder.

We'd also like to confirm that when we finished upgrading our servers to SSL last week, GROWant's link stopped working due to them not having SSL. They are in the process of adding SSL to their server now, which will result in the website coming back up. Meanwhile, you can most likely still access it without the https, here 403 Forbidden If not, it should be back up as soon as their programmers finish installing SSL sitewide.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, while we move forward with our investigation.

:Namaste:

This is to inform you that MaxPar has been permanently banned from 420 Magazine. Investigation into his account and activities show that he has been spamming the website under different usernames, on behalf of non-sponsor LED light companies.

It appears that MaxPar deliberately set up and targeted GROWant to trash them and their product.

This means MaxPar was not trustworthy or independent, but a representative of a non-sponsor LED company.

Just so there is no doubt in anyone's mind, these are the usernames that he has used in the past - McCree & Spectrum. These "members" were banned before.

We are sorry to our valued members for the drama he created, whipping up trouble and encouraging negativity.

We also apologize to our sponsor GROWant, who has been an innocent target for this troll. We have some sympathy with them for their expression of frustration as the emails got more and more out of hand.

No data in MaxPar's journal is trustworthy. Both figures and phenotypes may well have been manipulated to serve his ends.

This is not our first rodeo. After 24 years, we have seen it all before. The cumulative experience of the staff here, ensures that we always know ways of getting to the bottom of issues like this.

We always find the spammers, shills, sock-puppets and cheats and we always will. Our hard work keeps 420 Magazine as the pre-eminent Cannabis and Hemp website for all our valued members.

This journal, now cleaned up, will remain closed. Public discussion will only lead to more negativity. Please, everyone, remember that public discussion of banned members is prohibited. We respectfully ask you not to add to our workload by doing so. If you have any questions, please ask a Moderator via Private Message.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Let's all get back to the business of sharing knowledge and experiences about our beloved Herb in an honest, truthful, fun and positive fashion. :circle-of-love:

Your 420 Moderating Team

:Namaste:

Given that this thread is closed, we are posting this on behalf of GROWant, from whom we have received this email:

We'd like to thank 420 Magazine for getting to the bottom of this issue. We would also like to apologize to all members for our expression of frustration in the email correspondence with MaxPar. We try at all times to deliver excellent customer service, and whilst we responded to this member as thoroughly as we could, we are sorry that at one point our frustration showed. We are only human, however in future we will strive to remain calm and collected even when dealing with customers such as this.

Thank you, everyone, for your understanding.

George

This brings the whole sorry matter to a good end. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom