GROWant Smart 800Watt Osram LED Grow Light

Since we love to show people instead of just talking. Maybe I can convince my office to give up a light for you to do a side by side. What are you currently growing with now?

I'm currently running 2 Mars Hydro LED's supplemented by a 250w HPS, I'd really like a light with greater intensity because in my opinion, I shouldn't have to supplement with a 250w HPS to get the production I'm getting
DSC_027226.JPG
DSC_027319.JPG
Like I said in earlier posts, I can totally understand the UV/IR(Emerson Effect). I understand that GROWant is a sponsor of 420magazine, but my main goal is just to insure that my fellow growers aren't being taken advantage of. I'm a hobbyist grower running a 2x2 setup, I don't exactly have the space for anything larger which is why I was curious about the Smart 400 Panel.

I'll follow along MaxPar's grow for now. I'd be interested in testing the smaller LED's you guys produce, I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting your premium series panels without paying.

Here are some pics from this morning , I rearranged my grow a little.

IMG_308618.JPG
IMG_308518.JPG

If those lights can handle the flowering cycle on plants that size, I'm sold.

I'm currently running 2 Mars Hydro LED's supplemented by a 250w HPS, I'd really like a light with greater intensity because in my opinion, I shouldn't have to supplement with a 250w HPS to get the production I'm getting
DSC_027226.JPG
DSC_027319.JPG
Like I said in earlier posts, I can totally understand the UV/IR(Emerson Effect). I understand that GROWant is a sponsor of 420magazine, but my main goal is just to insure that my fellow growers aren't being taken advantage of. I'm a hobbyist grower running a 2x2 setup, I don't exactly have the space for anything larger which is why I was curious about the Smart 400 Panel.

I'll follow along MaxPar's grow for now. I'd be interested in testing the smaller LED's you guys produce, I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting your premium series panels without paying.

No worries on the skepticism. As a fellow grower and patient I definitely don't want to see anyone taken advantage of either. GROWant has some models that we feel can compare if not out compete what your current set up is. How many watts are you pulling from the wall now?I can't promise anything but I will definitely see what I can do about getting you something comparable.
We have quite A few other 420 members that are testing other models for us.
Sweetsue, LB07, TorturedSoul, BigNugz420 to name a few. We have a few others as well that we will be announcing soon. We encourage you to follow along these journals. You can check out what some of our other models have to offer.
We'll be in touch. Happy growing.

No worries on the skepticism. As a fellow grower and patient I definitely don't want to see anyone taken advantage of either. GROWant has some models that we feel can compare if not out compete what your current set up is. How many watts are you pulling from the wall now?I can't promise anything but I will definitely see what I can do about getting you something comparable.
We have quite A few other 420 members that are testing other models for us.
Sweetsue, LB07, TorturedSoul, BigNugz420 to name a few. We have a few others as well that we will be announcing soon. We encourage you to follow along these journals. You can check out what some of our other models have to offer.
We'll be in touch. Happy growing.

My current draw from the wall with both LED's combined is 255watts despite them being advertised as pulling 135watts each. One unit pulls 129, the other pulls 126. I've found that even with both units, I can hardly give adequate lighting to ONE medium-small sized plant..
That's what was making me question regarding the PAR output.. I get no real canopy penetration at the moment, which is why I'm having to supplement an LED grow with HID, despite me trying to leave HID's behind.

Trust me, I have no expectations and that's cool - but I really appreciate the consideration. That's really neat of you. Should any options be gone over, please remember, I'm a grower on a budget, and I don't mean that to sound cheap, I mean it as in, if you guys have any budget lights you think will perform better, I'd love to try it out. Right now, lights are in my budget for after this harvest because I'll have a clone that was vegged for over 6 weeks that will definitely require more light. I'm currently considering buying a 400w HPS to do the job.. Even if it all comes down to just a good deal on a similarly performing light, I'd be fine with that.

With that in mind, I'll be following along the journals to see what's up.

Thats interesting ive been talking with a chap on these lights and ask if possible to sponsor me so I can make a journal for 420 mag i even told them we would buy the lights from them my grow room 10x15 they they didnt want to make deals. But at the same time they ask you. They lost are business

Thats interesting ive been talking with a chap on these lights and ask if possible to sponsor me so I can make a journal for 420 mag i even told them we would buy the lights from them my grow room 10x15 they they didnt want to make deals. But at the same time they ask you. They lost are business

No deals have been made with me either, but I'm sure you can earn a sponsorship if you continue posting & being helpful around the community :) Your plants look beautiful Kenneth! Hope you get it figured out for your room, wish I had that much space!

Thanks hortishorti oh yea of course i will keep posting it will come around soon im getting ready for sour jack now. good luck with your journal maxpar

No deals have been made with me either, but I'm sure you can earn a sponsorship if you continue posting & being helpful around the community :) Your plants look beautiful Kenneth! Hope you get it figured out for your room, wish I had that much space!

Feel free to cruise by our new Grow Journal as well. Just started it
GROWant Journal: SIP's & Living Organic Soil (Sub Irrigated Planter)

My current draw from the wall with both LED's combined is 255watts despite them being advertised as pulling 135watts each. One unit pulls 129, the other pulls 126. I've found that even with both units, I can hardly give adequate lighting to ONE medium-small sized plant..
That's what was making me question regarding the PAR output.. I get no real canopy penetration at the moment, which is why I'm having to supplement an LED grow with HID, despite me trying to leave HID's behind.

Trust me, I have no expectations and that's cool - but I really appreciate the consideration. That's really neat of you. Should any options be gone over, please remember, I'm a grower on a budget, and I don't mean that to sound cheap, I mean it as in, if you guys have any budget lights you think will perform better, I'd love to try it out. Right now, lights are in my budget for after this harvest because I'll have a clone that was vegged for over 6 weeks that will definitely require more light. I'm currently considering buying a 400w HPS to do the job.. Even if it all comes down to just a good deal on a similarly performing light, I'd be fine with that.

With that in mind, I'll be following along the journals to see what's up.

Hey HortiShorti,
Just wanted to get back with you.
Our G5 HiPAR g400 can definitely cover that area no problem(core of 3x3)
It only pulls 135 from the wall. The reason I suggest the g400 instead of our GR 240 (core2x2)plus, if you decide to upgrade tent size you don't have to upgrade lights as well.

Hey HortiShorti,
Just wanted to get back with you.
Our G5 HiPAR g400 can definitely cover that area no problem(core of 3x3)
It only pulls 135 from the wall. The reason I suggest the g400 instead of our GR 240 (core2x2)plus, if you decide to upgrade tent size you don’t have to upgrade lights as well.

Will the G5 HiPAR g400 give similar performance to 400w HID? That'd be crazy to eliminate the need for 2 lights by using 1 with similar draw power.

DSC_029625.JPG
Here's the plant I'd like to finish Vegging and hopefully flower out with a GROWant. It's a clone of my flowering baby so I'm really familiar with her characteristics, but I'd like to increase my yields dramatically. I plan to veg until her footprint is 1.5x-1.5x and during stretch/flower let her fill in nicely. My outdoor office/shed does has room for a 3x3 tent, I just currently have it in 2x2 closet.

Back
Top Bottom