GROWant Smart 800Watt Osram LED Grow Light

I received my other light today , look great. Can't seem to get it to link up with my other one. Followed the instructions and watched a video on line , still won't work.

IMG_307923.JPG

I sent you an email. We'll get you set up.

These are really neat lights! I'm looking at the 400, and my only concern really is that the PAR is lower than I thought it'd be. My current LEDS(I was running 2 side by side), while maybe not having as large of a core area, for all intents and purposes measure the same PAR peak(305).. 305 is rather low isn't it? For reference, the VERO 29 COB 100w chips produce much higher numbers, at 24" distance, over 500 PAR.

The 400 is only 135 watts from the wall

And my concern is that because peak PAR output never exceeds 305 given the designer specs, getting close to 1 gram per watt will be incredibly difficult(similar PAR output LED's are lucky to achieve 0.5 gram per watt).. Whereas similarly priced COB lights, or even QB kits have proven to sometimes exceed 1 gram per watt. Like I said, I'm really interested in the bells and whistles, but where is the intensity & output? I know I may sound skeptical, but I just see someone being underwhelmed by the performance of this light.

These are really neat lights! I'm looking at the 400, and my only concern really is that the PAR is lower than I thought it'd be. My current LEDS(I was running 2 side by side), while maybe not having as large of a core area, for all intents and purposes measure the same PAR peak(305).. 305 is rather low isn't it? For reference, the VERO 29 COB 100w chips produce much higher numbers, at 24" distance, over 500 PAR.

That's one of the difference. Core coverage. We can easily take away from our core coverage and give you a more concentrated par reading in the center but then the light footprint would be smaller. We feel we have found the perfect balance between ppfd,core coverage and efficiency. Please follow along some of our other sponsored growers as well. We have journals started or about to start using all of our models.

Refer to different PAR Map design for G400 135-150w wall power and GR480 160w wall power.

PAR Footprint of GROWant G5(Pro)-HiPAR G400 Series

G400 Par evenly covers but wider coverage, growers can hang the light lower to obtain higher par.

G5_PRO_-HiPAR-G400-PARFootPrint0_6m1.jpg

PAR Footprint of GROWant G3HiPAR GR480 Series

while GR480 Par higher in center but narrow coverage, growers hang the light higher to get bigger square feet.

GR480PARFp60CM-1200X1200D.jpg
GR480-1000X1000.jpg

GROWant full spectrum from 380-780nm includes UV-A and IR those are low contribution in PAR but essential for plants.
Most of COBs they are lack of UV and IR.

That's one of the difference. Core coverage. We can easily take away from our core coverage and give you a more concentrated par reading in the center but then the light footprint would be smaller. We feel we have found the perfect balance between ppfd,core coverage and efficiency. Please follow along some of our other sponsored growers as well. We have journals started or about to start using all of our models.

Refer to different PAR Map design for G400 135-150w wall power and GR480 160w wall power.

PAR Footprint of GROWant G5(Pro)-HiPAR G400 Series

G400 Par evenly covers but wider coverage, growers can hang the light lower to obtain higher par.

G5_PRO_-HiPAR-G400-PARFootPrint0_6m1.jpg

PAR Footprint of GROWant G3HiPAR GR480 Series

while GR480 Par higher in center but narrow coverage, growers hang the light higher to get bigger square feet.

GR480PARFp60CM-1200X1200D.jpg
GR480-1000X1000.jpg

GROWant full spectrum from 380-780nm includes UV-A and IR those are low contribution in PAR but essential for plants.
Most of COBs they are lack of UV and IR.

300+ at 36" is great. I'm honestly just a hobbyist grower, and I really think the features offered on the GROWant Smart models are really neat. I like that it's fully programmable, simulated clouds, sunrise/sunset(Emerson Effect).. etc.. I care about quality of medicine more than I do about quantity & the footprint is still notably larger than my current LED's.. I'd just really like to see an independent run of the lights, I'm a skeptic at heart. Not that I don't trust sponsored grows, but, idk, see it to believe it, I guess.

I hope everyone's taking notes out there;)

Now that I am using 2 400 watt G5 HIPAR pro series I LOVE THE OPTIONS, that come on light I have it programmed for a full spectrum in bloom not just red anymore and I am noticing that leaves are praying to light and lowers getting more light

I'm sure it's an easy fix to get them to link up , must be some part of the programming I'm messing up.

I had the same problem very easy fix set the first light you got to master I believe it's holding power and arrow up button and the pick as master, on second unit power and arrow down button and place it as 0-01 and that will follow the others commands it's dope as hell to have two lights connects wirelessly

I received my other light today , look great. Can't seem to get it to link up with my other one. Followed the instructions and watched a video on line , still won't work.

IMG_307923.JPG

Have you checked out your BLOOM cycle only it's RED , REDDER THAN I HAVE EVER SEEN I AM doing a custom setting for bloom to have a little more red and blue in my spectrum. So all receptors are plenished well

I had the same problem very easy fix set the first light you got to master I believe it’s holding power and arrow up button and the pick as master, on second unit power and arrow down button and place it as 0-01 and that will follow the others commands it’s dope as hell to have two lights connects wirelessly

It was fixed by leaving the "hood" open for the wifi antenna

The light works really good , the programming is spot on and it's growing my plants :)

I am completely ready to grow with this light and feel comfortable that GROWant is doing what they can, they have updated the website and have sent me numerous emails confirming Osram chips.
No doubt that the light is solid, it's basically a Heatsink and stays 45c at full power of 300 watts. From the way my plants are responding to the sunrise/sunset feature I'm sure the bloom cycle will produce some good flower with amazing colors and smells. All good GROWant :) thank you for coming through and providing answers. I look forward to many years growing with my G5 Pro Smart LED.

Back
Top Bottom